Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2015 Transfer Window General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I'm sure Fabian will be heartbroken that villa fans might think hes a ****. At least he will have a large bank balance to console him as he crys himself to sleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

A new Judas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Any chance Delph and Villa thought Liverpool would never pay the 32.5m for Benteke, and now that they have he's jumped ship?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I'm sure Fabian will be heartbroken that villa fans might think hes a ****. At least he will have a large bank balance to console him as he crys himself to sleep.

Of course he won't give a ****, does that make fans criticisms any less valid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Corholio wrote: »

Oh no they are valid I was talking to the eejits who try to make him out to be unlucky. Hes a prick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sterling is no longer football hate figure number 1 in England.

Very smart move from City.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Thats really poor form from delph. More confirmation to never believe a word that comes out of a footballers mouth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think he will care. He had a scarily strange need to be the hero.

I don't usually mind players leaving or even have an after thought of it, but with Delph I genuinely want him to crash and burn at City after what has happened. Hopefully City sign Pogba when they realise they might actually need goals from midfield :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Saw this elsewhere
    • Buy a player for £8m
    • Help him recover from lengthy injuries
    • Develop him into an England international
    • Sell him for £8m
    • Give £2m to Leeds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

You really have to wonder why Villa kept the release clause so low, considering the British premium and the fact they paid 8m for him and Leeds get a cut from the sale too.

You really have to wonder why Villa kept the release clause so low, considering the British premium and the fact they paid 8m for him and Leeds get a cut from the sale too.

He would have been out of contract in the summer and left for nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Delph & Sterling - perfect fits for Man City - I really hope they don't win the league

Leeds definitely don't get £2m from it, it was thought to be around 12.5% when Delph signed for Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Delph is a decidedly average player, another long list of hard men who can't tackle or pass. City will be shot of him in a season or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Delph is a decidedly average player, another long list of hard men who can't tackle or pass. City will be shot of him in a season or two.

You're really underrating him, the strides he made in the last couple of seasons have been immense. He's very complete

Delph still trying to play on the heart strings. Hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I don't usually mind players leaving or even have an after thought of it, but with Delph I genuinely want him to crash and burn at City after what has happened. Hopefully City sign Pogba when they realise they might actually need goals from midfield :pac:

Raheem will bang in 20 goals in the league alone ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Yep
    From his own half
    With his head
    Before christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Over of the course of his contract I suppose its possible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

inforfun wrote: »
    Yep
    From his own half
    With his head
    Before christmas.

Whilst injured for two months

stephenl15 wrote: »
    You're really underrating him, the strides he made in the last couple of seasons have been immense. He's very complete

Wouldn't say complete, has a terrible goal scoring record, along with his pretty poor shooting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

I can't see Pogba leaving Juventus seen as Vidal could be leaving for Germany, plus I think he would go to Spain more then likely. Anyway, I can't see Delph been more of a squad player. I be very surprised if he is a nailed on first team player. Some bad form from Delph, but its sadly the modern day footballer to a tee. Full of lies and B.S. I'm not surprised in the least though, I say a lot he turned down City last week over money and his agent got them to hike it up. His agent should have told him to keep his mouth shut though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

thebaz wrote: »
    Delph & Sterling - perfect fits for Man City - I really hope they don't win the league

I can't see City winning the league with them two. If they keep Augero and Silvia fit they will win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Looper007 wrote: »
    I can't see City winning the league with them two. If they keep Augero and Silvia fit they will win it.

I agree , but dislike the way they just seam to pilfer the best players from every possible rival with ther obscene amount of money - a more equal league would certainly hold more interest to me , and I'm sure the majority of potential viewers Sky and the like are trying to lure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

I think Arsenal and Chealsea have a better chance at the league as the squads stand at the moment, I don't think Man City are above either of us with their current squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I agree , but dislike the way they just seam to pilfer the best players from every possible rival with ther obscene amount of money - a more equal league would certainly hold more interest to me , and I'm sure the majority of potential viewers Sky and the like are trying to lure.

If it's not city it will just be somebody else.

If it's not city it will just be somebody else.

Yeah, I'd imagine Utd are spending more than anyone the last year or two

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Tbh its always been like that. Southampton who finished 6th have had all their best players bought the last 15 months. And bought adequate replacements for them obviously.
    Its not a very competitive league either. I can't see the top 4 changing much even as a Liverpool fan.
    Chelsea still have the best team & comfortably the best manager. They haven't even bought much either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Based on the way it's hit a few papers, and based on who is saying it, it seems Man United have started briefing we're about to activate Pedro's release clause at Barca....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Hopefuly this means DiMaria is gone, but I doubt it. United seem to have a bottomless pit of money unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Based on the way it's hit a few papers, and based on who is saying it, it seems Man United have started briefing we're about to activate Pedro's release clause at Barca....

Is Pedro's best role up front or on the wing?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Is Pedro's best role up front or on the wing?

He's a wide forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

The Delph statement was clearly a negotiating tactic and it obviously worked a charm. Fair play to him. It's a hard world out there and a man should be entitled to leverage whatever he has available to secure himself the best deal possible.

Hopefuly this means DiMaria is gone, but I doubt it. United seem to have a bottomless pit of money unfortunately.

If DiMaria goes, I think it will push Ed on to make a bigger marquee signing tbh, be it a Bale or someone like that. He'll want people to forget that pretty quick.

If DiMaria goes, I think it will push Ed on to make a bigger marquee signing tbh, be it a Bale or someone like that. He'll want people to forget that pretty quick.

Not much Bale talk.

Great opportunity to get a deal on him as they want De Gea.

Still reckon that will happen next month.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Not much Bale talk.

Great opportunity to get a deal on him as they want De Gea.

Still reckon that will happen next month.

bale talk seems to crop up every two weeks. ESPN reported we had a €100m bid or so turned down last week. It's this years Snedjier. :pac:

bale talk seems to crop up every two weeks. ESPN reported we had a €100m bid or so turned down last week. It's this years Snedjier. :pac:

I think he'd be a big hit at Utd tbh.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The Delph statement was clearly a negotiating tactic and it obviously worked a charm. Fair play to him. It's a hard world out there and a man should be entitled to leverage whatever he has available to secure himself the best deal possible.

So pretty much nobody can be a d*ckhead in football ever, as long as they're doing what benefits them?

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    So pretty much nobody can be a d*ckhead in football ever, as long as they're doing what benefits them?

Don't bite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

So Chelsea now going to bid 28m for stones but some reckon Evans is a better player. Hopefully Everton hold out for more but would prefer we keep him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

CSF wrote: »

He is a dickhead for doing it, but he had sufficient financial motivation to cover it. It was actually a brilliant negotiating tactic tbf, probably made himself 20k a week by doing so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    He is a dickhead for doing it, but he had sufficient financial motivation to cover it. It was actually a brilliant negotiating tactic tbf, probably made himself 20k a week by doing so

I think you're giving him way too much credit. The general consensus seems to be he thought Benteke wasn't going anywhere and when that didn't pan out he decided to leave. Hardly makes him a brilliant negotiator. He's lucky City still wanted him.

eh i dunno wrote: »
    So Chelsea now going to bid 28m for stones but some reckon Evans is a better player. Hopefully Everton hold out for more but would prefer we keep him.

Do Chelsea need him?

Seems like a high price for someone who's only played 40 odd league games.

Is he that good?

I've not seen him play much at all so can't comment on his performances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Do Chelsea need him?

Is he that good?

He is that good. Id rather if Everton sold lukaku, Coleman or Barkley than him.

Have I mentioned that I hate football? Nobody outside of Chelsea, City or united will ever win the premier league again. The rest are just making up the numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Do Chelsea need him?

Is he that good?

He really is that good. I could see him becoming the best centre half in the world if he keeps progressing. Chelsea got 50m for a clown centre half so on that basis Everton will not be selling cheap. If stones wants to leave well then that changes things.

High praise lads.

I'll keep an eye on him this season for sure.

Do Chelsea need him?

Is he that good?

Do Chelsea need him? Sure they need to rest Terry for the league cup, surely that's worth 30 million?

BTW, Holgate who's on trial at United now is rated higher than Stones by Barnsley fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Mitrovic to Newcastle for around 13m. Have heard good things about him. Newcastle spending pretty big so far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement