Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2015 Transfer Window General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Gavlor wrote: »
    He is that good. Id rather if Everton sold lukaku, Coleman or Barkley than him.

Have I mentioned that I hate football? Nobody outside of Chelsea, City or united will ever win the premier league again. The rest are just making up the numbers.

Just on this, Arsenal are very close, this years title race really looks like a battle between last years top 4 and even though I'm confident we'll win the league, I dont think it will be at a canter like it was last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

I'd like to see Everton hold him for at least another season. His value will only go up but how much can you realistically expect to get for a defender.

He's also just been given the number 5 shirt so I don't think there's any intention to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Degag wrote: »
    Mitrovic to Newcastle for around 13m. Have heard good things about him. Newcastle spending pretty big so far.
    I'm an Anderlecht fan, great player but a bit Balotelli like in his character, could be entertaining at a club like Newcastle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,720 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    It was actually a brilliant negotiating tactic tbf, probably made himself 20k a week by doing so

and ther is what is wrong with the English premiership - no loyalty , just plain material greed - i really don't give a **** who wins thePremiership at this stage; the real values of the game can now be seen in the Championship and lower leagues and our own LoI (after nearly a lifehood of supporting premiership/English Divisoin 1 team -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

thebaz wrote: »
    and ther is what is wrong with the English premiership - no loyalty , just plain material greed - i really don't give a **** who wins thePremiership at this stage; the real values of the game can now be seen in the Championship and lower leagues and our own LoI (after nearly a lifehood of supporting premiership/English Divisoin 1 team -

It's been about greed for a while at this stage tbf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Chelsea changing players like socks - Filipe Luis back to Atletico already by the looks of it. Bet they make a profit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    It's been about greed for a while at this stage tbf

Greed is one thing. Using emotional public statements to manipulate public opinion so that you look like a hero if your transfer doesn't go through is another. This man is a fraud and I really really hope this move costs him is England place for the Euros.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Very disappointing in Delph, although like most Villa fans not for leaving but for the manner in which he has done so.

1 week ago I think most Villa fans (there were exceptions) understood him moving on to a better team where he would get a big wage hike and have a chance to win things. Hell many even seemed to be thankful that Villa made 8m out of the deal because he could have left on a free if he wished but instead signed the new contract with the release clause. If he left then there would be no issue and he would be held in high esteem.

but after supposidly turning down City talking about how he was loyal and stating he would be staying at and leading Villa this coming season to then leave a week later means I can't really blame any fans who are p!ssed at him and tbh I expect him to get boos next time the two sides play if he gets his game.

Speaking of which outside of Yaya CM is def City's week area and obviously with CL and domestic cups i'd expect him to get games but he won't be a nailed on starter and will play less than Milner (due to his versatility) who eventually left due to lack of game time.

It seems Villa have now officially signed Jordan Amavi from Nice. Expecting big things from this LB who was rated the best left back in the french league by many last season and cost 9/10m

Need a Benteke replacement fast now, obviously not expecting like for like and tbh we were over reliant on Tekkers so a few goal sources would be nice. latest links I saw to forwards were Anthony Martial, Destro and Adebayor. First 2 are very interesting although most probably wouldnt expect them to end up at Villa while the latter i'd only want if another forward also came in and preferably if it was a loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Speaking of which outside of Yaya CM is def City's week area

Fernandinho is underrated by everyone bar City fans who think he is one of the best in the league.

Delph has made the right decision for his career, he just took a really stupid route to get there. He will get a lot of games as did Barry and Milner.

There is some truth there but I still think it's the one area a HG player can potentially get in the City team.

• Advertisement

Patrick Roberts to City speculation
    YqLQa81.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Patrick Roberts to City. An outstanding talent!! Kid's a wizard

rwbug wrote: »
    Patrick Roberts to City speculation

More HG signings for City going for medicals

From the telegraph
    Manchester City will complete the signing of Fulham teenager Patrick Roberts in the next 48 hours in a deal worth a potential £11million.

Roberts is expected to seal his protracted move to Eastlands on Monday after City finally thrashed out an acceptable fee with the Championship club.

The England under-19 international will cost City an initial £5million and a further £6million could be paid out in add-ons, in another clear sign that Manuel Pellegrini is determined to recruit emerging British talent.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

City will need to check if that hospital has a back entrance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

in another clear sign that Manuel Pellegrini is determined to recruit emerging British talent.....

And keep them very comfortable sitting on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Patrick Roberts to City. An outstanding talent!! Kid's a wizard

He's gonna excel on loan at Swansea in the 16/17 season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Delph will get games but Roberts has just sold his career

finally on the official site http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4872382,00.html
    Aston Villa Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Jordan Amavi.

The 21-year-old full-back has signed a five-year deal with the Club and joins from French side Nice for an undisclosed fee.

Amavi is a France Under-21 international and is one of the most highly rated young players in Europe.

Manager Tim Sherwood said: "I'm delighted to have secured the services of someone we consider to be a terrific young player.

"Jordan has been one of the outstanding players in Ligue 1 and is still very young and can become even better.

"There were a lot of clubs after him this summer so we are really pleased to welcome him to the Club."

Amavi will meet his new team-mates for the first time on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

And keep them very comfortable sitting on the bench.

They'll probably be there on the bench longer than Manuel will tbh :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

ERG89 wrote: »
    They'll probably be there on the bench longer than Manuel will tbh :)

If Sterling starts slow, and Aguero gets injured again, I think Pellegrini could be on the ropes. That said, Rodgers is certainly the most at risk manager in the top6. Another slow start from us and he could be gone before Christmas.

Chelsea changing players like socks - Filipe Luis back to Atletico already by the looks of it. Bet they make a profit!

Not a hope of that, we paid about £16m or him and hes 30 very soon, if we got anywhere near half of that fee back I'd be surprised.

The story has been doing the rounds for months though, hes a good FB but Azpilicueta has continued his form and he couldnt dislodge him.

Who is back up left back at Chelsea if Luis goes? I guess it is too soon for Jay Dasilva - but he really looks like a special talent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Roberts rarely gets his game for Fulham, out of interest how come city are in for him? Aside from the need for homegrown players

Edit: just realised he's only 18! One of my mates is a devout fulham fan and he doesn't rate Roberts as highly as some on here seem to

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Roberts rarely gets his game for Fulham, out of interest how come city are in for him? Aside from the need for homegrown players

He was tried a few times for Fulham but struggled physically in the Championship. He has been Englands stand out talent at underage levels and the hope will be that he can develop more. Don't expect to see him in Citys first team this year.

rwbug wrote: »
    Who is back up left back at Chelsea if Luis goes? I guess it is too soon for Jay Dasilva - but he really looks like a special talent.

At the moment nobody, if Luis is sold and nobody is brought in it would be Jay Dasilva or Ola Aina, both in the youths however Aina has travelled with the Seniors to Canada and DaSilva is with the reserves/youths in Austria I think.

I agree though, Dasilva is good, a bit defensively naive but a good attacking LB, reminds me of Bertrand to a degree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/MirrorDarren/status/622518073237577728

Aston Villa have opened talks with Tottenham to sign Emmanuel Adebayor. More @Mirrorfootball shortly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/MirrorDarren/status/622518073237577728

Aston Villa have opened talks with Tottenham to sign Emmanuel Adebayor. More @Mirrorfootball shortly.
    If anyone can get him playing, Tim can.

I'd certainly be hoping it is only a loan deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If anyone can get him playing, Tim can.

How many times have we heard that about Ade?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ade would be a very good signing for villa. I'd expect him to get close to 15 league goals once fit.

• Advertisement

Ade would be a very good signing for villa. I'd expect him to get close to 15 league goals once fit.
    That would be a big help if he could do that. At 31 I really hope it is just a loan deal though. He has had problems throughout his career with sustaining form under a manager so even if he does well to begin with I'd have my worries about him. Villa surely have leverage to make it a loan transfer anyway because there won't be too many other suitors I imagine, and Spurs don't seem to want to keep him at all. Loan him for a year and if he does well give him a 2 year contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

CSF wrote: »
    That would be a big help if he could do that. At 31 I really hope it is just a loan deal though. He has had problems throughout his career with sustaining form under a manager so even if he does well to begin with I'd have my worries about him. Villa surely have leverage to make it a loan transfer anyway because there won't be too many other suitors I imagine, and Spurs don't seem to want to keep him at all. Loan him for a year and if he does well give him a 2 year contract.

Ye a loan deal would be ideal. He gets a tough press in England due to his style much like berbatov . However he has played for arsenal, city, spurs and Madrid and got goals for them all. He has roughly a goal every 2.5 games record throughout his career. I think he would do great at villa as sherwood seems to know how to get the best out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

zerks wrote: »
    How many times have we heard that about Ade?

Once, and it happened.

Bkpcre_IYAAIfze.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

Since I started following him on Facebook, Adebayor has become one of my favourite players. I'm not sure if all of this stuff actually happened or if it's all in his head. Either way it's great craic.

If it's true, someone should make a movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

https://twitter.com/fourfourtweet/status/622688608890322944

Vidal more or less confirming he is leaving, him and tevez leaving and to a lesser extent pirlo leaving could mean an interesting serie a season ahead.

Clever transfers by Munich.

Vidal is right up there with the best atm

What's the fee?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Clever transfers by Munich.

Vidal is right up there with the best atm

What's the fee?

35 mil. according to reports on the German press.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

That's a fake Instagram account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool and Villa agree fee and schedule for Benteke - 50% payment now and the rest in tranches

from guardian.
    Ayre stayed up through the night in Australia to thrash out the final terms of the deal, in which Liverpool will pay £16m up front with further payments over the course of the deal taking it up to the full £32m

That's pretty good deal for the cash flow esp as City seem to be paying Liverpool 44m in a lump sum with 5m when games tally is triggered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

No one going to sign Ron Vlaar now.
    Out for 4 months after knee surgery apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

according to sky Stambouli will sign a 5 year deal with PSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Vlaar injured!? There's a shock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Gotze to Juve getting closer apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Anyone buying Adebayor needs to get a cattle prod thrown in free. It's the only way you'll get him to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Liverpool and Villa agree fee and schedule for Benteke - 50% payment now and the rest in tranches

from guardian.

That's pretty good deal for the cash flow esp as City seem to be paying Liverpool 44m in a lump sum with 5m when games tally is triggered.

That says it's 16 Million upfront and remaining in installments, just how every deal happens. Looks like there are no performance bonus, just fixed installments.

City will pay 44M in installments and 5 Million is performance bonus.

At least that's how I understood. Very rarely entire fee is paid upfront. Apart from Ronaldo's deal I don't know any (maybe Torres).

You often hear about managers getting their squad together and how it can take a few transfer windows to do it. Tim is trying to do it all this summer

Guzan available for 3m!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3167055/Brad-Guzan-available-3m-mass-exodus-Aston-Villa-continues.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490%3C/div%3E

Given, Vlaar, Luna, Sylla, Lowton, Herd, Enda Stevens, Delph, Bent, Benteke, Weimann all gone already this summer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,532 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Guzan for 3m is a steal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

You often hear about managers getting their squad together and how it can take a few transfer windows to do it. Tim is trying to do it all this summer

Guzan available for 3m!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3167055/Brad-Guzan-available-3m-mass-exodus-Aston-Villa-continues.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490%3C/div%3E

Given, Vlaar, Luna, Sylla, Lowton, Herd, Enda Stevens, Delph, Bent, Benteke, Weimann all gone already this summer

Where did Vlaar go?

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »
    Where did Vlaar go?

out of contract and now also injured for a few months (hasn't signed for anyone)

Advertisement