Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2015 Transfer Window General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

Vlaar on a pay as play contract would be a good call. When he did play he was good for villa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

racso1975 wrote: »
    Vlaar on a pay as play contract would be a good call. When he did play he was good for villa

Was he? When? I must have missed those games. Well the ones that weren't over 2 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

You often hear about managers getting their squad together and how it can take a few transfer windows to do it. Tim is trying to do it all this summer

Guzan available for 3m!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3167055/Brad-Guzan-available-3m-mass-exodus-Aston-Villa-continues.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490%3C/div%3E

Given, Vlaar, Luna, Sylla, Lowton, Herd, Enda Stevens, Delph, Bent, Benteke, Weimann all gone already this summer
    Its not that exciting tbh Luna, Sylla, Stevens and Bent were lucky to not be sold 12 months ago. Given, Vlaar & Lowton didnt play that much either. They had tons of deadwood. Cissokho & N'Zogbia will be lucky to still be their next year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Its not that exciting tbh Luna, Sylla, Stevens and Bent were lucky to not be sold 12 months ago. Given, Vlaar & Lowton didnt play that much either. They had tons of deadwood. Cissokho & N'Zogbia will be lucky to still be their next year.

Still thats 11 players gone, Guzan being allowed leave for 3m according to the article linked, Cissokho doesen't seem fancied by TS and has already been replaced (upgraded upon) with Amavi.

Thats a huge number and tbh if Sherwood gets his way it'l be even higher but players like Tonev, N'Zogbia, J.Cole etc are quite hard to shift especially on the wages they are on i'd imagine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

If Guzan goes who's in goals for Villa? Though he was decent the last couple of years. Someone like Lindegaard could be a good move for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

Liam O wrote: »
    If Guzan goes who's in goals for Villa? Though he was decent the last couple of years. Someone like Lindegaard could be a good move for them.

Would Lindegaard be available though given the Valdes situation?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Would Lindegaard be available though given the Valdes situation?

He should be available regardless; word is Valdes will be replaced with Sergio Romero, so Lindergaard will still be third choice at United.

Liam O wrote: »

They've signed Mark Bunn. Sherwood also gave Jed Steer a debut last year. Steer might be a decent back up but I wouldnt be happy starting with Bunn #1.

They've signed Mark Bunn. Sherwood also gave Jed Steer a debut last year. Steer might be a decent back up but I wouldnt be happy starting with Bunn #1.

A replacement will be signed if Guzan is going, anything else would be crazy.

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    A replacement will be signed if Guzan is going, anything else would be crazy.

I would presume so but that deal for Bunn is baffling tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

I would presume so but that deal for Bunn is baffling tbh.

How? He'll be 3rd choice, all teams have keepers like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

26m for Stones is mental. Its also a kind of insult to Everton, sort of smacks of waving a wad of cash in the face of the poor a la Harry Enfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Is the 90k Vidal will get at Bayern a net figure?

You'd think he could easily get 200k a week in England

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Gavlor wrote: »

I really hope Everton don't see dollar signs and cash in on this one. As a Liverpool fan I couldn't care less what happens, but as a neutral I hate seeing big talents wasted at big clubs, including my own.

In just a week City have probably ruined Delph's and Roberts' careers, and if Stones goes to Chelsea I fear he'll end up the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

If we get Stones it wont be for that much IMO.

For that price he'd have to dislodge Cahill and if Zouma cant do it consistently, Stones wont either.

Stones will be bought for the future, Terry is eventually going to struggle and time isnt on his side. Cahill is also pushing to 30 and Ivanovic is already there. With Zouma and potentially Stones we'd be set for a decade,thats if Stones realises he'll only play 10-15games a year.

Id prefer to get him in now and learn from guys like Terry on a daily basis, that experience and leadership is nearly priceless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

GavRedKing wrote: »
    If we get Stones it wont be for that much IMO.

For that price he'd have to dislodge Cahill and if Zouma cant do it consistently, Stones wont either.

Stones will be bought for the future, Terry is eventually going to struggle and time isnt on his side. Cahill is also pushing to 30 and Ivanovic is already there. With Zouma and potentially Stones we'd be set for a decade,thats if Stones realises he'll only play 10-15games a year.

Id prefer to get him in now and learn from guys like Terry on a daily basis, that experience and leadership is nearly priceless.

It's ridiculous to spend that much on a sub.
    The best way to reach his potential is by playing. If he stayed at Everton for another couple of years he'd play every week and he'd still end up costing the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Is the 90k Vidal will get at Bayern a net figure?

You'd think he could easily get 200k a week in England

That's after tax,most wages quoted by the press are pre-tax figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Martinez (July 2015):
    “The other side is the disappointment in seeing a football club making it (the bid for Stones) so open, I don’t think that is the way we do it at Everton.We don’t speak about a player when he is registered at another club and there is no issue from our point of view – John Stones is an Everton player full stop.”

Martinez (July 2014) tells fans on Everton's pre-season tour that "of course we'll get him (Lukaku)" when questioned about their chances.

Martinez (January 2014) "After recent media speculation linking the Ivory Coast man to Everton, Martinez confirmed that he is interested in Traore and is attempting to secure a work permit. “Lacina is a player that we are very interested in," Martinez told reporters after the 1-1 draw with West Brom at the Hawthorns.

The official club Twitter account was tweeting about interest in players FFS:

de9b70857553c45d82ef3bc4e1a66bfe.png

Cop on Roberto. Every club does it and yours is no different.

If Chelsea want Stones badly enough, he'll be going there. The same way if Everton want a player badly enough from a club lower down the food chain then them, they'll get him.

• Advertisement

Not a fan of Martinez for reasons pretty much like this. He seems a bit snakey to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Paully D wrote: »
    Martinez (July 2015):

Martinez (July 2014) tells fans on Everton's pre-season tour that "of course we'll get him (Lukaku)" when questioned about their chances.

Martinez (January 2014) "After recent media speculation linking the Ivory Coast man to Everton, Martinez confirmed that he is interested in Traore and is attempting to secure a work permit. “Lacina is a player that we are very interested in," Martinez told reporters after the 1-1 draw with West Brom at the Hawthorns.

The official club Twitter account was tweeting about interest in players FFS:

de9b70857553c45d82ef3bc4e1a66bfe.png

Cop on Roberto. Every club does it and yours is no different.

If Chelsea want Stones badly enough, he'll be going there. The same way if Everton want a player badly enough from a club lower down the food chain then them, they'll get him.

Whilst I agree with the gist of the post, the above examples are poor. Lukaka was on loan for a full season at Goodison, with Chelsea looking rid of him and Everton made no secret of looking to buy him. Traore was only ever a loan deal and when at the stage of looking for a work permit it would imply that the clubs have already sorted their end of things. The Henen one is just plain strange and I'll not even take a stab at the way that went.

If thon wee lad that wants to be in scooby doo is worth £49m then Stones shouldn't be far off that figure. £20m pfft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

49m for Stones and you'd need your head examined, tbh. He hasn't even played 50 Premier League games yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Knex. wrote: »
    49m for Stones and you'd need your head examined, tbh. He hasn't even played 50 Premier League games yet.

Is he a better defender than luiz who Chelsea sold for 50m? A far better centre half imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Is he a better defender than luiz who Chelsea sold for 50m? A far better centre half imo
    In fairness, that wouldn't be difficult.

When PSG, Barca and Bayern all come in for Stones then maybe his valuation reaches close to 50m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Its probable, but at 21 with just over 40 PL games played, its not definite.

This transfer shouldn't happen, really. Everton don't want to sell, so his value is going to be probably 35m+, and Chelsea would be daft to spend anything more than 30m on him, imo.

Yeah, they need English players and all that, but they are a top tier team capable of attracting the best players in the world, £30m spent on the continent would see them better served.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

How much would an English player be worth if he were at his peak & genuine top class?
    Sterling and Stones have about the same combined worth as Ronaldo in his peak?
    Lol

ERG89 wrote: »
    How much would an English British player be worth if he were at his peak & genuine top class?
    Sterling and Stones have about the same combined worth as Ronaldo in his peak?
    Lol

Close but, Gareth Bale.......

• Advertisement

Stones is not a better CB than Luiz at the moment. Ridiculous notion.

CSF wrote: »
    Stones is not a better CB than Luiz at the moment. Ridiculous notion.

I'm a better centre half that luiz. A clown of a defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Newcastle sign Mitrovic for a fee of 13m.

Aleksandar-Mitrovic.jpg

Only Harry Kane scored more goals for players U21 in all of Europe last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

The English medias influence has never been more clear.

Which professional club do you play for? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Ah yeah. David Luiz, a man who helped anchor a Champions League winning back four is worse than Stones. Good craic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Ah yeah. David Luiz, a man who helped anchor a Champions League winning back four is worse than Stones. Good craic.

Worse than some poster in this thread :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Oh dear :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Terry, is that you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'm pretty sure Luis would break nearly every poster in here in half in a challenge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I'm pretty sure Luis would break nearly every poster in here in half in a challenge

What? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

26m for Stones is mental. Its also a kind of insult to Everton, sort of smacks of waving a wad of cash in the face of the poor a la Harry Enfield

make-it-rain-dollars.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

As far as I can remember he was cup tied for the 2012 champions league and didn't play in it for Chelsea.

The same one that spent the last world cup chasing shadows. Mourinho knows his stuff. Why do you think he was so keen to offload luiz.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

As far as I can remember he was cup tied for the 2012 champions league and didn't play in it for Chelsea.

He did, he started in the final. He joined Chelsea the season before they won the CL.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

Incorrect. He wasn't cup tied, played in the final and scored in the shoot out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

The same one that spent the last world cup chasing shadows. Mourinho knows his stuff. Why do you think he was so keen to offload luiz.

I'd say David Luiz got the last laugh by knocking Chelsea out of the Champions League tbf

How did you do at the last world cup ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

I'd say David Luiz got the last laugh by knocking Chelsea out of the Champions League tbf

No one ever questioned his attacking credentials!

He was at fault for one of the goals too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Bill won't sell for less than 30 and Chelsea will probably pay it. I just hope this doesn't drag on too long.

In saying that it would be stupid for Stones to go there now and essentially give up his chance of playing in the Euros.

God boards has some boner over Luiz and his talents.

• Advertisement
Advertisement