Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2015 Transfer Window General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It's refreshing hearing the "money can't buy you success" line thrown from a fan of a team who've spent almost 300 million over the last 4(?) years and won nothing, about another club...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

4 pages of absolute tripe.

Good work lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

I think ill just make up a transfer to get away from the drivel, arsenal in 70 million bid for bale:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

kevthegaff wrote: »
    I think ill just make up a transfer to get away from the drivel, arsenal in 70 million bid for bale:-)
    stock-photo-hay-bale-isolated-on-white-122286562.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    It's not random. Just that you are incapable of seeing beyond "Liverpool vs Manutd" thing.

No. You are the one incapable. This has nothing to do with Liverpool. Only you and Wayne Rooney are making it so. The same culprits every time.

'United's groundsman has the flu, poor guy'
    'Eh well yours has black rot'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

kevthegaff wrote: »

Hmmm.....I hear Chelsea's Jose Mourinho has hinted at making a move for Jonas Olsson.. "Olsson is savage cabbage" said Jose at a recent press interview.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Gavlor wrote: »
    4 pages of absolute tripe.

Good work lads

Seems like some may have been on the sauce last night :p

It's getting pretty annoying when every time the 2 most supported clubs and that more people would have more knowledge of in the forum get compared in a non team specific thread someone will invariably try to derail the discussion by making a comment such as the "ugh, United and Liverpool again, rolleyes", thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Liam O wrote: »

It's getting pretty annoying when every time the 2 most supported clubs and that more people would have more knowledge of in the forum get compared in a non team specific thread someone will invariably try to derail the discussion by making a comment such as the "ugh, United and Liverpool again, rolleyes", thing.

One or two comments are fine, even a knowledgeable conversation would be understandable, but it gets a bit boring after a while when it becomes a dick measuring contest.

For what it's worth, they all won, massive dicks the lot of em!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

It's always the same people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Its bad enough with the liv v man u **** but the pages of posts about it is worse and yes i realise i have just added to that now so i am guilty also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Is this where you post transfer new or is it where ya have a bitch?

* Berghuis should be joining Watford within 24 hrs
    * Ayew is ready for Villa but apparently Lorient are trying to add an extra 2m onto the deal stalling things.
    * Berahino is attracting major interest from Tottenham
    * Borini is being offered to Villa & Sunderland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Berghuis is a done deal. Already said his goodbyes to his AZ team mates.

Nah man it's always the same people having a dick-measuring contest.

inforfun wrote: »
    Berghuis is a done deal. Already said his goodbyes to his AZ team mates.

Pretty much Watford just have to formally announce it.

* Mbemba is just waiting for a Visa to join Newcastle
    * Diaby has offers from both Marseille and West Brom. Pulis thinks he can get Diaby to play 30 games next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    It's always the same people.

The irony

• Advertisement

The irony

The irony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

The irony

That's not ironic at all.

My bad its bitching not transfers. Nevermind lads continue on.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,408 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Back to transfer chat please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is this where you post transfer new or is it where ya have a bitch?

* Berghuis should be joining Watford within 24 hrs
    * Ayew is ready for Villa but apparently Lorient are trying to add an extra 2m onto the deal stalling things.
    * Berahino is attracting major interest from Tottenham
    * Borini is being offered to Villa & Sunderland

I'd imagine hes being offered to anyone with a phone number, email address or fax machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/RafaelH117/status/625296066934665217

Song to join West Ham permanently and Halilovic will follow on loan.

https://twitter.com/Inter_en/status/625288032300736512

Jovatic to have Inter medical.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

All these rumours about De Bruyne to City being very close are clearly untrue. He is starting the game against Arsenal in the Emirates Cup.

eagle eye wrote: »
    All these rumours about De Bruyne to City being very close are clearly untrue. He is starting the game against Arsenal in the Emirates Cup.

The money being quoted for him is nuts too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

rarnes1 wrote: »
    The money being quoted for him is nuts too

How much? €60M is what i heard.
    Seems pretty normal considering.

Bundesliga POTY.
    Broke the Bundesliga assist record (20 assists + 10 goals)
    Plays for a club with plenty of cash and has zero need to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Madrid sign 19 year old Chinese midfielder Lin Liangming.

But I'm sure it has nothing to do with them opening their first Chinese store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Bundesliga POTY.

He's a terrific player but thrives in this Wolfsburg side with their rapid counter attacks and the freedom he's allowed. Might be more difficult for him in the far more deliberate Man City side.

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Bundesliga POTY.

£60m Sterling was what I seen quoted the other day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

He's a terrific player but thrives in this Wolfsburg side with their rapid counter attacks and the freedom he's allowed. Might be more difficult for him in the far more deliberate Man City side.

Think Jose style didn't suit him,he is clearly a talented player.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Think Jose style didn't suit him,he is clearly a talented player.

Lack of freedom within that system, the high amount of defensive responsibility placed on the attacking players meant it really wasn't for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Lack of freedom within that system, the high amount of defensive responsibility placed on the attacking players meant it really wasn't for him.

Yea I agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/625455572700262400

United have signed a replacement for Valdes, Sergio Romero. Hopefully this argentine works out better than the last one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

zarquon wrote: »
    United have signed a replacement for Valdes, Sergio Romero. Hopefully this argentine works out better than the last one!

I guess this means the links to Cillessen are false?

x43r0 wrote: »
    I guess this means the links to Cillessen are false?

Maybe not if De Gea goes. They'll still need 2 keepers unless Lindegaard has redeemed himself.

zarquon wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/ManUtd/status/625455572700262400

Van Gaal worked with Romero at AZ in Holland. Was his first GK there.

Looks like Ricardo Kishna and Ajax are going to be relieved from each other with him signing for Lazio.
    Buckets of talent that guy but the mentality of a spoilt 3 year old only child. Add to that Mino Raiola as agent and you know as club you better can get rid of a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Looks like Ricardo Kishna and Ajax are going to be relieved from each other with him signing for Lazio.

I wonder if that is to cover the outgoing Keita, was apparently attracting interest from Liverpool, although hard to see where we have room now for a left-sided attacker.

He can play on the right as well.
    Mostly ended up on the left because El Ghazi played on the right for Ajax but before El Ghazi made his debut, Kishna played mostly on the right.

9c66652a3cab9f0708a1152fb9eab29d.png

oC0OZ.gif

But he isn't? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Stokelona building a really decent squad.

I knew he hadnt played much for Barca in those 4,5 years.
    31 appearances of which 16 in the first half season he was there.
    Knee injury didnt help of course but didnt set the world on fire during his loan spells at Schalke and Olympiakos either.

And how the **** he got back in the Dutch squad only Hiddink knows.

ASOT wrote: »
    Stokelona building a really decent squad.

Are they? When was Affelay last good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

CSF wrote: »
    Are they? When was Affelay last good?

Yeah, I think these players are at Stoke appropriately. But regular football and the relatively lower expectations may work for them all and allow them to click together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Afellay looked phenomenal when he was younger but injuries have ruined his career completely, he's pure glass. Moving to Barcelona didn't help either, completely wrong move especially for a winger. Hard to believe he's 29 now. Very decent signing for Stoke if they can keep him injury free.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Yeah, I think these players are at Stoke appropriately. But regular football and the relatively lower expectations may work for them all and allow them to click together.

I don't really see it in Stoke's squad in any case. They did well last season but are nothing special and could easily go the other way this season. Affelay is not the most inspiring signing there's been this summer by any stretch. I'd expect 9th-13th from them as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

At 29 and having had the injuries he has had then its difficult to see him doing much in a physical English league, if he gets going hes a decent shout for them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

We were linked to Afellay quite often a few years back. In hindsight, it looks like we dodged a bullet. Could very well do a job for Stoke though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Given Hughes' superb record in the (free) low to mid price market, it'd be hard to back against Afellay ending up a successful signing.

Afellay looked phenomenal when he was younger but injuries have ruined his career completely, he's pure glass. Moving to Barcelona didn't help either, completely wrong move especially for a winger. Hard to believe he's 29 now. Very decent signing for Stoke if they can keep him injury free.

Only had 1 serious injury, the knee that took way too long to get ok again.

He did look great at PSV where he played in midfield.
    Only ended up on the wing for the Dutch national team but he isnt a winger. Dont think Barca bought him (payed 5 million while he was out of contract 6 months later) to play him on the wings.

Selling him did cost PSV the league title that year. That 5 million wasnt such smart business in the end.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Finally confirmed, Villa sign Jordan Ayew for what is believed to be 9m

http://www.avfc.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10265~4891745,00.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement