Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2015 Transfer Window General Discussion

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

@SkySportsNewsHQ: BREAKING: Sky Sources: Emmanuel Adebayor to have medical at Aston Villa tomorrow #SSNHQ” @gartcork !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

efb wrote: »
    @SkySportsNewsHQ: BREAKING: Sky Sources: Emmanuel Adebayor to have medical at Aston Villa tomorrow #SSNHQ” @gartcork !!!!

Garrett seems pretty happy about it anyway.

You could probably add 20m to vidals price if he went to the premiership.

Bayern got a bargain there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

rarnes1 wrote: »
    You could probably add 20m to vidals price if he went to the premiership.

Bayern got a bargain there.

Unless Vidal made it perfetly clear it was Bayern or nothing...I am shocked to see the move wasn't contested by bids by the likes of Madrid, City and Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

West Brom have signed Chester from Hull ~£8million.
    Not a bad bit of business from Hull, should do well under Pulis you'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭Trond

razorblunt wrote: »
    West Brom have signed Chester from Hull ~£8million.
    Not a bad bit of business from Hull, should do well under Pulis you'd imagine.

I think its a bit of a crazy price given how good he is..

Michael Keane went to Burnley for so little. Leicester got Huth for 3million last season as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

How long are we going to keep being surprised by prices for young English players? It's weirder when they go on the cheap at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

efb wrote: »

I think this is a poor transfer. Is it a loan? His wages, his general laziness...he always starts well but then falls off the map which I fully expect will happen at Villa. Not a young player either, quite a few miles on him.

Honestly, feels like Sherwood just going back to what he knows. Think there are much better options on the market they could have gone for (not that I can think of any example right now....but surely there are?!)

I think this is a poor transfer. Is it a loan? His wages, his general laziness...he always starts well but then falls off the map which I fully expect will happen at Villa. Not a young player either, quite a few miles on him.

Honestly, feels like Sherwood just going back to what he knows. Think there are much better options on the market they could have gone for (not that I can think of any example right now....but surely there are?!)
    Adebayor was great under Sherwood at Tottenham. It's only a loan deal so he's not in a position to rest on his laurels. Obvious class there, so no reason for Sherwood not to take a risk there when Villa are under no obligation to keep him next year if he doesn't do well.

CSF wrote: »
    How long are we going to keep being surprised by prices for young English players? It's weirder when they go on the cheap at this stage.

Chester doesn't fit that bracket though.

Stones and Sterling etc. I understand but not him.

• Advertisement

Trond wrote: »
    Chester doesn't fit that bracket though.

Stones and Sterling etc. I understand but not him.

British, whichever. Stones and Sterling are multiple times the price of Chester. Which is normal. But Chester is young and British and highly rated also so therefore goes at a higher price than he might if he was a German lad from Augsburg with no PL experience.

British, whichever. Stones and Sterling are multiple times the price of Chester. Which is normal. But Chester is young and British and highly rated also so therefore goes at a higher price than he might if he was a German lad from Augsburg with no PL experience.

He's 26

He's 26

That's pretty young for a centre back. It's not an extraordinary price by any stretch in this market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

He's 26

To put it into perspective, teams made 10 times the amount of this transfer last season just on TV money alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Paully D wrote: »
    James Chester going to West Brom for £8m.

£8m.

Just let that sink in for a minute.

Jaysus that is 4 Michu's! Mad money

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Jaysus that is 4 Michu's! Mad money

Michu might not be the best example right now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

It's infinite Robert Lewandowskis.

Football gone mad!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

tbh I see this as no lose for Villa. Have him for a year on loan, he is motivated to get a contract at the end of it or to impress another club and get one. He is proven at PL level and with Sherwood motivating him. Spurs are also rumoured to be paying some portion of his wages. He is also not Villa's only signed forward with Jordan Ayew having already signed.

Speaking of Jordan, Villa also signed Jordan Amavi and look set to sign Jordan Veretout having already gotten the Jordan manager Ray Wilkins in as our assistant manager. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

So now they only need a pair of fake tits.

Adebayor was great under Sherwood at Tottenham. It's only a loan deal so he's not in a position to rest on his laurels. Obvious class there, so no reason for Sherwood not to take a risk there when Villa are under no obligation to keep him next year if he doesn't do well.

Adebayor's contract expires after this season and at 32 when the season ends, he'll magically be motivated for just about long enough to lure someone on the continent into giving him a couple of years on decent money.

Certainly is a no lose situation for Villa IMO unless he's poison in the dressing room. Spurs will end up covering much of his wage too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Caulker gone to Southampton on loan.

Szchezny completes loan move to Roma.

SSN: Everton reject new £25 million bid from Chelsea for Stones.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I said it recently I reckon we'll get Stones but it will be for whatever value him at, its looking likely to be pushing 30-35m at this stage.

Fair play to Everton for holding out for more.

They aren't desperate for cash so can just hold slap a huge fee on him and see will Chelsea pay.

If they really want him him they will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Fair play to Everton for holding out for more.

They aren't desperate for cash so can just hold slap a huge fee on him and see will Chelsea pay.

If they really want him him they will

If he does go I hope the Manchester clubs get involved to drive the price up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

47 million + hazard + the Portuguese Physio chick should do the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Gavlor wrote: »
    47 million + hazard + the Portuguese Physio chick should do the job

Eva is from Gibraltar. :P

/pedantic

So Ramos signed a new deal with Madrid.

Such a troll. Using Utd as click bait probably earned him a few extra quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Eva is from Gibraltar. :P

/pedantic

Counts as homegrown then??? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I said it recently I reckon we'll get Stones but it will be for whatever value him at, its looking likely to be pushing 30-35m at this stage.

Long term, I think he's worth it. Future England captain, and will learn a HUGE amount from Terry and Cahill. That sets you up with a first choice CB for a decade...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Palace have agreed a fee with Sunderland for Connor Wickham.

Palace have agreed a fee with Sunderland for Connor Wickham.

Palace's local paper reporting it's in excess of £10m.

Good God.

Good God.

The world's gone mad.

This transfer window reminds me of Ireland in the midst of the boom!

Somebody burst this bubble quick!

The world's gone mad.

@SkySports_Keith: Sky Sources: We understand the fee agreed between Palace and Sunderland for striker Connor Wickham is £9m including add-ons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

The world's gone mad.

It's crazy but unlike Ireland, the money is real.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

@SkySports_Keith: Sky Sources: We understand the fee agreed between Palace and Sunderland for striker Connor Wickham is £9m including add-ons.

Good bit of business by Sunderland.

They managed to get him to sign that new contract last season ensuring they would get such a fee for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

So Pardew signed a big lad so they can lump the ball up to him.

Better then lumping the ball up to 5'7 Ayoze Perez I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

39 goals in 179 games wickham has and he's worth 10m. Madness.

Young English lad in being massively overpriced shocker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Sunderland paid Ipswich £8million or so for him 4 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

I can remember Wickham scoring against Chelsea, Arsenal and Finn Harps. One for the big games! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

Anyone else think John Stones, and in fact the whole Everton defence are very overrated?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Anyone else think John Stones, and in fact the whole Everton defence are very overrated?

Well individually, Stones, Jags, Baines and Coleman are excellent players. Moyes was able to turn them into an effective defence (pre-Stones), Martinez not so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Panrich

Villa set to announce Jordan Veretout from Nantes €10m, Adebayor Loan and Gestede Balckburn £6m today.
    Plenty of darts being thrown this off season but will any hit the target?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Chain reaction could see Glenn Murray move to Bournemouth.

Panrich wrote: »
    Villa set to announce Jordan Veretout from Nantes €10m, Adebayor Loan and Gestede Balckburn £6m today.

Yeah, I see it going well. Villa will have gone from relying on 2 players to having lots of good players who might not be as good as those 2 that left, but who knows. Neither was great when they joined first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Are City still paying part of Adebayor's wages?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Are City still paying part of Adebayor's wages?

Think that was only until his contract at City would have been up which no doubt it will be by now when it's spurs turn to do so (at least there was talk of them paying part of his wages) whilst Villa take him on loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Good God.

Isn't he supposed to be (and I'll paraphrase here) utter ****e? I honestly cannot remember him doing a single thing and I'd seen Sunderland play a few times last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Panrich wrote: »

Well.............Were going to win the league :D:D:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement