Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2015 Transfer Window General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Crazy money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

JPA wrote: »
    Crazy money.

Nah he looks the real deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

CSF wrote: »
    Nah he looks the real deal

But Augsburg are just milking Chelsea. They're a small club that deal in €2 and €3 million transfers in and out. Fair play to them taking advantage alright.

But Augsburg are just milking Chelsea. They're a small club that deal in €2 and €3 million transfers in and out. Fair play to them taking advantage alright.

I can't remember them producing a player like this before though. He's going to be a great player in year to come so with the money that's been thrown around this summer it's good to see them get paid well for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

It's not taking advantage when the player is actually worth that. If he played for one of the 'big' name teams nobody would bat an eyelid. Augsburg have no reason to accept anything less than a bigger team would accept. Like most BL teams, they are run well and don't need money.

They signed him last summer, so I assume he still has 3/4 years left on his deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Dont know if i take this up wrong but the smell of arrogance of this post..... ugh.

"Be a good little club and sell your players to the big league for 3x nothing, will you"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Reports in France are suggesting M'Vila will sign for Sunderland. The player himself has been favouriting/liking lots of social media posts in relation to it too. He could just be having a laugh and there nothing in it of course.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Leicester have agreed a fee of £10.5m for Charles Aranguiz. He was linked with Chelsea and Arsenal at the start of the transfer window so it looks like they might have pulled off a bit of a coup. I've only seen him play in the Copa but he looked like a very solid CM, perfect replacement for Cambiasso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

BT have signed La Liga :P (Maybe)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Lukker- wrote: »
    Leicester have agreed a fee of £10.5m for Charles Aranguiz. He was linked with Chelsea and Arsenal at the start of the transfer window so it looks like they might have pulled off a bit of a coup. I've only seen him play in the Copa but he looked like a very solid CM, perfect replacement for Cambiasso.

He doesn't want to go to Leicester, prefers to move to Leverkusen who have already bid as well.

Orlando have released Sean St. Ledger due to a 'serious breach of club policy'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Corholio wrote:
    Orlando have released Sean St. Ledger due to a 'serious breach of club policy'

What's that about?

Paully D wrote: »
    Reports in France are suggesting M'Vila will sign for Sunderland. The player himself has been favouriting/liking lots of social media posts in relation to it too. He could just be having a laugh and there nothing in it of course.

3 years ago that would have been a huge signing. No idea what he's like now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

astonaidan wrote: »
    Well.............Were going to win the league :D:D:D

Were you now? Not any more.:)

Corholio wrote: »
    He doesn't want to go to Leicester, prefers to move to Leverkusen who have already bid as well.

Going the Vidal route.
    Much better move for him than going to Leicester.

Corholio wrote: »

Understandable.

Leverkusen and Marseille both failed to meet the valuation though so Leicester are the only club who have had a bid accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Young English lad in being massively overpriced shocker.

The thing is though, with this influx of money into the Premiership I have no idea why there isn't more ambition on show. With the fees and wages on offer mid level Premiership teams should surely be able to compete with the better teams in leagues around Europe and get in the mix for a higher quality of player. It just seems that the same old players are getting moved around for ever higher fees.

3 years ago that would have been a huge signing. No idea what he's like now.

Dan King of The Sun reporting that Leroy Fer will join on loan too. Neither will probably happen. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    The thing is though, with this influx of money into the Premiership I have no idea why there isn't more ambition on show. With the fees and wages on offer mid level Premiership teams should surely be able to compete with the better teams in leagues around Europe and get in the mix for a higher quality of player. It just seems that the same old players are getting moved around for ever higher fees.

I would assume better players want to play for teams in contention to win things or qualify for the champions league and not play with mid table teams so basically all the high quality players in the game who have any ambition (which are really the only players worth signing) will want to sign for a champions league calibre team of which there are probably only potentially 6 of them in each of the top european leagues.

In spite of the premier league having so much money in the next few years I'd imagine it won't make as much difference as it would initially seem and actually clubs on the continent will be delighted as they can simply jack up the price of any players and sell their mediocre players to premier league teams at inflated prices find suitable replacements for a lot less money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Dan King of The Sun reporting that Leroy Fer will join on loan too. Neither will probably happen. :pac:

IF they both were to sign, what would it mean for Rodwell?

It has a lot to do with clubs in Europe trying to extort PL clubs for more money. Players seem to have 1 release clause for when a European club tries to buy them but when an English club goes in, the fee seems to be 50% higher.

Many of the players would love to play in the PL because they have a chance to earn excellent money in what is a short career but are blocked by their clubs who are looking for what is often extortionate fees.

It seems to me the way European clubs try and account for the disparity between the TV and sponsorship money and there almost seems to be a gentlemans agreement between them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Lukker- wrote: »

Many of the players would love to play in the PL because they have a chance to earn excellent money in what is a short career but are blocked by their clubs who are looking for what is often extortionate fees.

I think that's fair game.At least that way, the money is staying in the game rather than going in a players pocket. While it may be a short career, the level earnings are at now more than compensates for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I would assume better players want to play for teams in contention to win things or qualify for the champions league and not play with mid table teams so basically all the high quality players in the game who have any ambition (which are really the only players worth signing) will want to sign for a champions league calibre team of which there are probably only potentially 6 of them in each of the top european leagues.

In spite of the premier league having so much money in the next few years I'd imagine it won't make as much difference as it would initially seem and actually clubs on the continent will be delighted as they can simply jack up the price of any players and sell their mediocre players to premier league teams at inflated prices find suitable replacements for a lot less money.

Meh, I think if you literally offer double the wages Inter / PSV / Benfica are willing to offer a player you'll have a shot.

Meh, I think if you literally offer double the wages Inter / PSV / Benfica are willing to offer a player you'll have a shot.

Maybe but players are on so much money these days does an extra couple of million a year make a real difference if they're earning millions already and set for life and can play with a teams who can win something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/mephobia8/status/627593610909884416

Ibrahimovic: This could be my last game with #PSG tonight, I will have some decisions to make this week.

https://twitter.com/MailSport/status/627592159777034241

Roberto Soldado is ready to end his Tottenham misery with a cut-price move to Villarreal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Re Zlatan, word is that Liverpool are going to make one last club record signing, this could be it! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Re Zlatan, word is that Liverpool are going to make one last club record signing, this could be it! :pac:

https://twitter.com/OmldZamani/status/627612303643402240

This is a kick in the nuts for 'pool.
    https://twitter.com/OmldZamani/status/627602415718678529

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ah boo! Muller it is then :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I guess this won't stop until 1st September...

CLW4vxPXAAEAsDM.jpg

greendom wrote: »
    I guess this won't stop until 1st September...

CLW4vxPXAAEAsDM.jpg

Yeah.I'm getting sick of all those ad's about erection problems as well, but why do you think they'll stop on September 1st?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Why is Benzema getting linked with a move away from Real ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

yabadabado wrote: »
    Why is Benzema getting linked with a move away from Real ?

Talk of Bale and Ronaldo wanting a more central role, coupled with a distinct lack of top level strikers available to link to clubs this summer.

The Guardian among others reporting that Sunderland will sign M'Vila and Leroy Fer now, so it appears to be more than idle speculation anyway. M'Vila reported to be permanent (no fee mentioned) though others are saying a loan, Fer definitely a loan.

No idea how M'Vila will turn out as his career seems to have gone down quicker than Katie Price over the last few years. It's disappointing Fer is only a loan but he's much better than us anyway so to even get him for the year is a coup. Hopefully we don't get gazumped by another club before the deal is done.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/02/yann-mvila-leroy-fer-sunderland-midfield

Desperately need a striker still however and as good as Fer is, I don't think he's the real creative force we need centrally so I assume Advocaat might change system to get the best out of what we have.
    IF they both were to sign, what would it mean for Rodwell?

That he won't be playing at all this season with any luck. It's the equivalent of playing with 10 men when he's on the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Sky Sports using Football Manager ratings for their transfer discussion. Jokers.

CLbQcHXWgAAGvNQ.jpg:large

Same as some posters so!!

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Same as some posters so!!
    And some scouts nowadays too. The level of details Sports Interactive have gone into has revolutionised football in a way.

Who is Tony Cascarino to be rating anyone on their first touch!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

And some scouts nowadays too. The level of details Sports Interactive have gone into has revolutionised football in a way.

They ask fans to do the work for them in return for a free game.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    They ask fans to do the work for them in return for a free game.
    In countries like Ireland that is pretty much how it works, yeah.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I used to do that for FIFA... Not worth the time and effort. Besides, they wouldn't believe me that Jason Byrne's overall acceleration is 90.... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its the same in all countries just different levels of people filling in the numbers.

Cherno Samba.....for instance.

Its the same in all countries just different levels of people filling in the numbers.

As far as I'm aware they do have paid researchers aswell.

Jean Paul Boetius off to Basel for €2,5 million.
    Not long ago he wanted to sign a contract extension at Feyenoord, changed agents and all of a sudden wasnt interested anymore.
    Same thing with Tonny Vilhena who will see out his contract at Feyenoord. Decided to stay at Feyenoord this season because his mom is sick. Guess at the end of the coming season he ll have no problem moving abroad on a free despite that.

Both were at the club from age 7 and will basically bring in the square root of **** all in transfer fees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The Guardian among others reporting that Sunderland will sign M'Vila and Leroy Fer now, so it appears to be more than idle speculation anyway. M'Vila reported to be permanent (no fee mentioned) though others are saying a loan, Fer definitely a loan.

No idea how M'Vila will turn out as his career seems to have gone down quicker than Katie Price over the last few years. It's disappointing Fer is only a loan but he's much better than us anyway so to even get him for the year is a coup. Hopefully we don't get gazumped by another club before the deal is done.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/02/yann-mvila-leroy-fer-sunderland-midfield

Desperately need a striker still however and as good as Fer is, I don't think he's the real creative force we need centrally so I assume Advocaat might change system to get the best out of what we have.

That he won't be playing at all this season with any luck. It's the equivalent of playing with 10 men when he's on the field.
    The Guardian is no longer any more credible than any of the tabloids. I remember a couple of years ago they built up a transfer announcement for days and it turned out to be a made up story below of Bale going to Inter

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/jan/27/inter-40m-gareth-bale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Is that from CM4 yeah?

Well things have moved on a bit and they have improved quite a lot.

Besides the actual future growth of a player is ultimately hard to know without precognition, theres no way to know whether or not Divock Origi or Andreas Pereira or Hector Bellerin will end up becoming a broken mess like Diaby did. Or if James Wilson or Jordan Ibe or Dominic Solanke wont suddenly do a Harry Kane and get 20+ goals next year. Hindsight is great but at the time the game is released is the best to judge future developments are obviously unpredictable.

L'Equipe reporting that M'Vila joins Sunderland today on a free transfer, 1 year deal.

Wickham to Palace for 12.5m is the latest reports

Holy jaysus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

quite likely as the Guardian are a solid paper

Ahhh good one man!

• Advertisement
Advertisement