Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2015 Transfer Window General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Rafael Da Silva has agreed a four-year deal with Lyon. The fee is currently unclear. Could be as low as £2.1M. If his fitness holds you'll go some way to beat that for bargain of the window, but really there are huge questions about his fitness.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

CSF wrote: »
    As far as I'm aware they do have paid researchers aswell.

You are correct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Wickham to Palace for 12.5m is the latest reports

Holy jaysus

Wickham is a good player. A less talented Heskey but will do a great job for the right team. It is very easy to slag those types of players off of course.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Wickham is a good player. A less talented Heskey but will do a great job for the right team. It is very easy to slag those types of players off of course.

I'm baulking at the price and it's widespread this summer with most clubs paying mega money for players

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its the same in all countries just different levels of people filling in the numbers.

Cherno Samba.....for instance.

To Maderia was a great example of that. One of Championship Managers greatest ever strikers wasn't even a real player, but the CM scouts holiday plans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I'm baulking at the price and it's widespread this summer with most clubs paying mega money for players

It is the price that Premier League deals are going at these days. Sunderland are massively wealthy and have a new TV rights deal on the horizon which will dwarf what they earn today. Wickham may be a £5m player (pulling a number out of the air) but £5m is small change to Sunderland.

£20-£25m is probably the going rate for any first team player at any Premier League club now. Any less than that and there's very little incentive for them to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wickham to Palace for 12.5m is the latest reports

Holy jaysus

This season's "Ross McCormack for how much????" award goes to....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/628858519417155584

Chelsea agree personal terms with Baba Rahman, according to agent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

zerks wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/SkyFootball/status/628858519417155584

Chelsea agree personal terms with Baba Rahman, according to agent.
    Felipe Luis on the way out so I'd imagine unless they are sending Rahman back on loan for a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

eagle eye wrote: »
    Felipe Luis on the way out so I'd imagine unless they are sending Rahman back on loan for a year.

Luis is gone and all, left last week.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2015/07/filipe-luis-returns-to-atletico.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Pablo Osvaldo signed for Porto.

Oh dear, could get interesting with Bruno Martins Indi on the training ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Wasn't aware of that.

It'll be interesting to see who starts now. This kid is pretty good, seen a few Augsburg games last year and he looked top notch in all of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Sunderland hoping to get a £2m loan deal for Leroy Fer done today, no idea if there's a view to a permanent deal at the end of the season as some reports say yes and others say no.

M'Vila seems like it will be done soon too, meanwhile various places are reporting that Sunderland are trying to get Januzaj on loan for the season too.

Well, that is Sunderland going down then.
    Fer went down with Norwich and QPR since he arrived in England :D

eagle eye wrote: »
    Wasn't aware of that.

It'll be interesting to see who starts now. This kid is pretty good, seen a few Augsburg games last year and he looked top notch in all of them.

Ivanovic is pushing on, Cahill is nealry 30 and JT wont be here forever, the defence needed to be addressed so hopefully bringing in Rahman brings some much needed balance and long term solution.

Azp is a fine FB but hes wasted at LB, the dream last year was Azp at RB and Luis at LB but Ivan had a strong season so RB was sown up all year.

If we get Stones too we'd have a potential back 5 to pick from that are 25 years old are below.

Courtois
    Azp Stones Zouma Rahman

All ifs and buts until deals are announced but its a good platform for the club for the medium term to have those options.

inforfun wrote: »
    Well, that is Sunderland going down then.
    Fer went down with Norwich and QPR since he arrived in England :D

We're certainly in for a long season! What's your opinion of Fer mate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Ivanovic is pushing on, Cahill is nealry 30 and JT wont be here forever, the defence needed to be addressed so hopefully bringing in Rahman brings some much needed balance and long term solution.

Azp is a fine FB but hes wasted at LB, the dream last year was Azp at RB and Luis at LB but Ivan had a strong season so RB was sown up all year.

If we get Stones too we'd have a potential back 5 to pick from that are 25 years old are below.

Courtois
    Azp Stones Zouma Rahman

All ifs and buts until deals are announced but its a good platform for the club for the medium term to have those options.

Behave

Paully D wrote: »
    We're certainly in for a long season! What's your opinion of Fer mate?

Always liked him from the moment he made his debut for Feyenoord when he was 17. Was compared to Rijkaard and was not difficult to see why.
    Can play basically everywhere in midfield and if needed in central defense as well
    If he hadnt been injured so much i think he would be at a much bigger club now because he has the same kind of qualities as Pogba.

It is very important for him to get a full season under his belt this year and then this loan spell could be very beneficial for both him ans well as for Sunderland.

When they left Feyenoord at the same time, i expected Fer to do better than Wijnaldum but he just cant stay away from injury trouble it seems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Caulker is in the same boat as Fer, Cardiff and QPR relegated.

• Advertisement

Gavlor wrote: »
    Behave
    If we get Stones too

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Bakary Sako has joined Palace.

CLpP6W3UwAAb_Kb.jpg

Caulker is in the same boat as Fer, Cardiff and QPR relegated.

Caulker is absolute turd. How he has managed to get another Premier League club is beyond me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Leroy Fer has failed his medical at Sunderland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

Johner wrote: »
    Bakary Sako has joined Palace.

CLpP6W3UwAAb_Kb.jpg
    frim what i saw of sako a few years back he wasnt great, how much?

8d9ba5c231e3ca14e4ba5beedcc91210.png

Oh for **** sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,713 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

kevthegaff wrote: »

free, contract was up with Wolves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

kevthegaff wrote: »

Free transfer

He was ripping it up for Wolves last season, they signed Sheyi Ojo from Liverpool on loan as his replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Adama Traore to Stokelona!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Adama Traore to Stokelona!

has something officially happened? he was also linked to Liverpool & Aston Villa just as much

JPA wrote: »
    Leroy Fer has failed his medical at Sunderland.
    8d9ba5c231e3ca14e4ba5beedcc91210.png

Oh for **** sake.

His management is reporting they didnt go through with him because he is injured now and will take a couple of weeks more before he is fit.

I think Everton reported a failed medical a few years back but there was some other **** going on. Not going to post what it was but it was bad enough to land him in jail in a worst case scenario.

• Advertisement

has something officially happened? he was also linked to Liverpool & Aston Villa just as much

He probably wouldnt play as much at Liverpool given their options and Stoke under Hughes are likely to finish a good few places above Villa at this stage.

Be a good signing for Stoke or Villa though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Pictures doing the rounds on social media, him at Stoke training ground & deal being sorted.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Pool were the most linked but the Liverpool echo (yesterday I believe) claimed they were not in for him. I've seen reports that Villa are now closest to signing him since then though.

http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/aston-villa-beat-liverpool-west-ham-and-stoke-to-mega-signing

not a great source but
    On Monday Catalan newspaper Sport said Barcelona's Adama Traore had departed from El Prat airport on his way to Liverpool to have a medical and sign for the Premier League club. Marca today say they were wrong. The 19 year old will be signing for Aston Villa instead instead, report the Spanish newspaper.

Stoke do have 4 ex-barca players though so no surprise they are linked but I wonder has something official happened or is it still just links.

edit: now saw the response
    The official Barca line was that he was being allowed travel to England to talk to a few clubs and check out their facilities so I wouldn't saw it;s 100% he is off to Stoke but if he's actually there then I would admit its the most likely destination especially as he would probably find it easy to settle with Bojan and co there. That said his agent is also the agent of Villa's new Spanish signing Crespo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hughes also being an ex Barca player I'm guessing also opens a few doors for Stoke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sparky really mining that old relationship, even though most people there who remember him must be pretty old by now! :p

Sparky really mining that old relationship, even though most people there who remember him must be pretty old by now! :p

Sure he's only a nipper to yourself!!

Feyenoord signed Eljero Elia on a free.

Could have picked up 4 million a year in the desert but contacted Feyenoord himself if anything was possible.
    Which, after selling Boetius earlier this week to Basel, was.

Probably hoping to kick some new life in his career like Pelle and to a lesser degree, Kazim Richards did earlier at Feyenoord.

Yann M'Vila to Sunderland done. If only it was 2012 :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

You'd be more excited, it wouldn't necessarily make him any better a player though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

some nervous fathers in the north east with him & johnson out double teaming

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Dzeko photographed at rome airport, are city buying another striker? Going into the season with aguero and bony seems pretty dodgy to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

klose wrote: »
    Dzeko photographed at rome airport, are city buying another striker? Going into the season with aguero and bony seems pretty dodgy to me.

and Iheanacho and sterling can go upfront.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,781 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Must mean the end of them playing 2 up top, at least on a regular basis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Must mean the end of them playing 2 up top, at least on a regular basis
    Patrick Roberts is a striker no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Mccarthy signs new 5 year deal should end speculation about his future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,113 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Yea I thought he was but fantasty football had him down as a midfielder so wasnt sure.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Mccarthy signs new 5 year deal should end speculation about his future.

Or at the very least, it should mean that Everton get a good fee for him. ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Yea I thought he was but fantasty football had him down as a midfielder so wasnt sure.

He's more of a winger/number 10, definitely not a striker.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Johner wrote: »
    He's more of a winger/number 10, definitely not a striker.

Is this not all a bit trivial given that he's not exactly going to competing for a first team place (one would assume) and will more than likely either play for the talented youths they have (so they can try and get revenge on Chelsea), or be farmed out on loan (probably the former).

I mean, if we're talking City strikers, sure you might as well throw in the young lad they signed from Turkey also. Unal or something. He probably has just about as much chance of playing as Roberts! :D :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Lumbo

Wilberto wrote: »
    Or at the very least, it should mean that Everton get a good fee for him. ;):D

McCarty had 3 years left on his contract. He wasn't going anywhere.

Advertisement