Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2015 Transfer Window General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Stones would be better off staying with Everton atleast for 1 more season. He is only starting to establish himself can't see him playing week in week out at Chelsea. He will get his move in time. Fair enough when your 23-24 looking to win trophies etc but he is only getting his career up and running.

Easy for us to say I suppose.

Chelsea offer - a club who challenge at the highest level of world football, about 3 times his current weekly wage of £30,000, and London, which on a footballers wage is one of the best cities to live in in the world.

If I was him, I'd be confidently thinking (perhaps naively) that I'm good enough to get into the side now, that I will get into the side now, and the aforementioned benefits would just make me even more determined to leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fair play to Stones for handing in the transfer request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Fair play to Stones for handing in the transfer request.

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Why?

In a day and age where players use the media and there agents to force a move etc and refuse to be upfront and say I want out because they will lose out on some loyalty bonus money when they clearly have no loyalty to the club to begin with.

Fair play to the lad for being honest enough to give the money up and to say he want's out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Paying 40m for Stones is the height of madness. And yes I know Rio Ferdinand cost about that (maybe more) inflation adjusted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Paying 40m for Stones is the height of madness. And yes I know Rio Ferdinand cost about that (maybe more) inflation adjusted.

why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Are we going to go through this every time? This is the price that Premier League first team players go for in the post-new TV deal world. The clubs haven't even got that money yet but they know it is coming in and simply have no need to sell for less.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

In a day and age where players use the media and there agents to force a move etc and refuse to be upfront and say I want out because they will lose out on some loyalty bonus money when they clearly have no loyalty to the club to begin with.

Fair play to the lad for being honest enough to give the money up and to say he want's out.

100% agree. I think Stones comes off really well from this, not a peep from him or his agent. No trying to subvert the system to keep his loyalty bonus.

why?

You pay that for strikers, not defenders. It's just wrong :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Foregoing his Loyalty bonus my arse. Everton have turned down 3 bids so far and don't want to sell.

He'll get a decent wedge of a signing fee from Chelsea and will more than likely double his wages, but fair play to him.

Fwiw you can't blame him for looking to move, he's not an Everton fan, he'll earn more money, bigger club, a chance of winning a trophy, champions league. Aside from being under more scrutiny it's a no brainer. But I'd rather see him go to United or Arsenal...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Him handing in a transfer request is hardly the height of respectfulness that some seem to be making out. It's just an official way of saying he wants out, his head was turned long ago with promise of coin. Wouldn't begrudge any player advancing to a bigger club etc, but let's not make it out to be anything other than a part of the transaction he wants to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

They could very well keep him if Evertons valuation isn't met. He didn't make his position untenable at the club like Sterling to force a move. He wants the move and there is a right way and a wrong way to go about business. Transfer requests are a thing for a reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

There are players who win everything with every club they join but cant kick a ball straight for their country. prime example Clarence Seedorf.

And you have players who cant get off the bench for 4 years at 4 different clubs but are doing great for their country.

Last category is certainly for Eduardo Vargas who is now going to Hoffenheim after 3,5 years Napoli. They bought him for 13 million and let him go now for 3,5.

I really hope he is going to do well at Hoffenheim.

When does the Transfer window actually close?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Tuesday evening i think.

• Advertisement

The 1st. The time is earlier, 5 or 6 afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Sept 1st at 6pm GMT

• Clubs given time to submit Champions League squads
    • Window extended to 1 September because of August bank holiday

Jim White will be choking on his cocoa after the deadline for the summer transfer window was brought forward to 6pm, denying the Sky Sports News anchor his late-night moment in the spotlight.

The Premier League has moved the deadline in order to allow clubs, in this case Chelsea, the Manchester clubs and Arsenal, to comply with Fifa’s own cut-off point for submitting Champions League squads which is 11pm.

The good news for the 20 Premier League clubs is that they have an extra day to do their business, the window having been extended to 1 September because of the last day of August being a bank holiday.

The bad news is that TV audiences will be denied White’s late helming of the frantic Sky rumour mill, a traditional end to the transfer window that used to take football fans through to 11pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

The bad news is that TV audiences will be denied White’s late helming of the frantic Sky rumour mill, a traditional end to the transfer window that used to take football fans through to 11pm.

I don't see any bad news there whatsoever!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

Lukker- wrote: »
    They could very well keep him if Evertons valuation isn't met. He didn't make his position untenable at the club like Sterling to force a move. He wants the move and there is a right way and a wrong way to go about business. Transfer requests are a thing for a reason.

I dont see how leaving everton in the ****ter 3 games into the season and a week before the window closes is any better than how sterling got his move.

I have to say I'll miss the evening vibe of the end of the window. Seems wrong in daylight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I should cancel my purple dildo order now too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I have to say I'll miss the evening vibe of the end of the window. Seems wrong in daylight.

Better visibility for the Babelcopter. :cool:

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft 3m3 minutes ago
    SportBild reporting that Leverkusen-player Son goes to Tottenham.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭Left Back on the Bench

Good point, but Spurs really should've tried harder to get Ings. Both players had similar records last season, and Ings would've been a much cheaper transfer. Speaking as a neutral, Ings is absolutely wasting his career at Liverpool and will not get the chances he could've gotten at Spurs, especially now that Sturridge is coming back.

Spurs bid £12 million for ings. He only wanted to sign for Liverpool as far as i thought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Sept 1st at 6pm GMT

• Clubs given time to submit Champions League squads
    • Window extended to 1 September because of August bank holiday

Any idea how it works again with the foreign leagues? France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Holland's windows all close at midnight on the 31st. Portuguese window is open til nearly the end of September too if I remember correctly.

I always forget, but does it still mean that those leagues can sell to England but not register/buy players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Any idea how it works again with the foreign leagues? France, Germany, Spain, Italy and Holland's windows all close at midnight on the 31st. Portuguese window is open til nearly the end of September too if I remember correctly.

I always forget, but does it still mean that those leagues can sell to England but not register/buy players?

You got it.
    Still could register out of contract players of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

POKERKING wrote: »
    I dont see how leaving everton in the ****ter 3 games into the season and a week before the window closes is any better than how sterling got his move.
    Stones has wanted to move for weeks, has done things by the book with his transfer request and his on-field performances haven't suffered so far this season. Everton needed to buy centre halves, plural, this window to begin with. The situations are not the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,373 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Son to Spurs

If this happens I hope Levy doesn't leave it till the last minute and sorts it out in the next few days. HSV will be due 10% of the fee and about 500 grand for training him. That'd be around €3.5m if the €30m fee is correct. That's another player or two for us!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I can't be the only one who was really confused about why a Leverkusen player's son was moving?

Liam O wrote: »
    I can't be the only one who was really confused about why a Leverkusen player's son was moving?
    It's funny because he has an Asian name.

• Advertisement

Rio Ferdinand had played in a CL semi final and had an impressive World Cup, was the youngest defender to play for England and was captain of Leeds United when he made the move. His cv was a bit better than John Stones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Stones starts for everton tonight

And Sonny isn't in the squad for Leverkusen tonight so it looks like he will be going to Spurs.

Stones has wanted to move for weeks, has done things by the book with his transfer request and his on-field performances haven't suffered so far this season. Everton needed to buy centre halves, plural, this window to begin with. The situations are not the same.

Both equally bad for different reasons if you ask me. Of course stones won't get booed at every away game like Sterling.

POKERKING wrote: »
    Both equally bad for different reasons if you ask me. Of course stones won't get booed at every away game like Sterling.
    Nobody asked you and they both left for the same reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

Martinez fairly adamant that stones won't be going. "Sometimes money can't buy everything"..... I wonder if the Everton board feel the same?

https://twitter.com/toffeetv1/status/636655162174623744

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Gavlor wrote: »
    Martinez fairly adamant that stones won't be going. "Sometimes money can't buy everything"..... I wonder if the Everton board feel the same?

Fair play to Roberto for trying to dig his heels in; whether it will work is another matter though.

Something tells me Chelsea might send him back on loan for a year, as I don't think JT is finished like the media are portraying, or else Everton will hold them off until next year.

In terms of his development, another year at Everton would be the best option for Stones imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Fair play to Roberto for trying to dig his heels in; whether it will work is another matter though.

Something tells me Chelsea might send him back on loan for a year, as I don't think JT is finished like the media are portraying, or else Everton will hold them off until next year.

In terms of his development, another year at Everton would be the best option for Stones imo.

Exactly, English media tripe.
    Terry was a country mile top CB last season, played every single minute of the campaign.
    And a few months later he's suddenly not worth a fiddlers?! Give over English journos, anyone that knows a thing about terry is (a) never was the fastest and he's 34 ffs, and (b) terry will break himself trying to get back into the first team to prove to himself and Chelsea he's still got what it takes.
    English media are so full of guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

German media reporting that de Bruyne to City is done for €75m.

• Advertisement

Boskowski wrote: »
    German media reporting that de Bruyne to City is done for €75m.

City are the big dogs this year. Building an exciting team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Kevin Nolan has left West Ham. SSN.

Coentrao has gone to Monaco on loan.

Nobody asked you and they both left for the same reasons.

OK.

You do understand how forums work, right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

zerks wrote: »
    Kevin Nolan has left West Ham. SSN.
    Good option for a Championship team.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Digne to Roma (loan with option to buy).
    Llorente to Sevilla on a free looking likely.
    Balotelli to Milan.....wont comment on the quality of it yet, although he hasn't done anything in 2 years. Milan needed a midfielder & another centre back both with pace

• Advertisement

Oat23 wrote: »
    And Sonny isn't in the squad for Leverkusen tonight so it looks like he will be going to Spurs.

The Guardian (and others) are saying that he has an obligation to begin 21 months of military duty for South Korea before he hits 28.

Risky investment with no resale value if he is compelled to carry it out (no guarantee of a reprieve).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

The Guardian (and others) are saying that he has an obligation to begin 21 months of military duty for Souty Korea before he hits 28.

Risky investment with no resale value if he is compelled to carry it out (no guarantee of a reprieve).

He'll probably only have to do 4 weeks basic training. Many athletes are exempt from full conscription and have to complete a 4 week basic training course which can be done in the off-season.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Who have Wolfsburg been linked with as a replacement for KDB? You'd think with £58m they'd be able to buy 2 or 3 high class players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Godot. wrote: »
    Who have Wolfsburg been linked with as a replacement for KDB? You'd think with £58m they'd be able to buy 2 or 3 high class players

Maybe Mkhitaryan, since he looks he might be available?
    Some Russian teams still offloading foreign players due to new restrictions...

Godot. wrote: »

I read a few days ago they are interested in Dennis Praet from Anderlecht.

• Advertisement
Advertisement