Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2015 Transfer Window General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,372 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Trond wrote: »
    Nonsense. He was their player of the year not so long ago. He didn't fit into Mourinhio system. Hes in the Top 5 in Europe for assists in the last 5/6 seasons.

I'd argue he'd have done better than Willian on the right or Oscar/Willian/fabregas in the number 10. And by quite a distance too.

Trond wrote: »
    Nonsense. He was their player of the year not so long ago. He didn't fit into Mourinhio system. Hes in the Top 5 in Europe for assists in the last 5/6 seasons.

Good enough for Chelsea and good enough for Utd are two different things tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

CSF wrote: »
    Juan Mata was a 2 time player of the year for Chelsea. Regardless of how it ended, you couldn't say he 'didn't make the grade'. Mourinho just decided to cash in and go a different way. De Bruyne completely did not make the grade. Just looked there and he played 132 minutes for Chelsea so Mata comparisons aren't right there.
    The Mata comparisons are right as Mata was turfed out pretty quickly once Mourinho got the job. Now Oscar and Willian are both very replaceable players at Chelsea.

He played 132 minutes for Chelsea and you're happy to use that as a judgement?

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Godot. wrote: »

I refuse to believe that, mainly as it's a joe article that's hasn't got 7 tweets in it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I think we can draw the conclusion that he did not make the grade at Chelsea only 2 years ago. There are the arguments for the other side too (which I've pointed out) but those are the facts at the same time.

Pique didnt supplant Vidic or Ferdinand at Man U. Doesnt mean hes crap. Infact I think the lad has managed to earn a few medals since then.

Of course Mourinho also decided Matic did not "make the grade". But I think that decision proved quite costly to fix. What do you think of Matic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Good enough for Chelsea and good enough for Utd are two different things tbh

Why mention Utd I wonder. Hmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,796 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Coleman's form has went into the ditch over the last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

I think we can draw the conclusion that he did not make the grade at Chelsea only 2 years ago. There are the arguments for the other side too (which I've pointed out) but those are the facts at the same time.

Fact which doesn't tell full story when seen without context. Use the same facts for Rossi, Pique and Pogba at United, they didn't make grade at United because they weren't given proper chances and all of them went on to become world class players and at some point in their career they were good enough for any team in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah Cech isn't good enough for United either, Sturridge is another cast off and the same for De Bruyne and that Matic lad Chelsea god rid of wasn't very good either..

Jose knows best..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

AdamD wrote: »
    The Mata comparisons are right as Mata was turfed out pretty quickly once Mourinho got the job. Now Oscar and Willian are both very replaceable players at Chelsea.

He played 132 minutes for Chelsea and you're happy to use that as a judgement?
    I'm using the fact that he only played 132 minutes as a potential judgement. Even Mata played a decent amount for Chelsea under Mourinho before being sold.
    Pique didnt supplant Vidic or Ferdinand at Man U. Doesnt mean hes crap. Infact I think the lad has managed to earn a few medals since then.

Of course Mourinho also decided Matic did not "make the grade". But I think that decision proved quite costly to fix. What do you think of Matic?
    These are exceptions. Not the norm. There are significantly more examples I could quote that didn't make the grade somewhere big and never became an elite European player. Pique never failed at United in any case. At 21 at United it was clear he was going to make waves there, but then Barcelona signed him instead.

I never wrote De Bruyne off in any case. I watch alot of Bundesliga and thought he was immense last season, but like Matic when he came back from Benfica, there was obviously significant doubt there. He has now wiped that doubt away. De Bruyne needs to do the same.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Fact which doesn't tell full story when seen without context. Use the same facts for Rossi, Pique and Pogba at United, they didn't make grade at United because they weren't given proper chances and all of them went on to become world class players and at some point in their career they were good enough for any team in the world.
    Rossi never became world class that is hilarious. Also, Pique and Pogba never failed at United so your point is ridiculous. United did not want either of Pique and Pogba to leave and it was always likely they would go onto greatness.

Why mention Utd I wonder. Hmmmm

He plays for Utd. They are his current club. Mourinhio sold him to them a few years back.

Debating football is surely what the forum is about, rather than hmmmm posts?

Shoot my opinion down no problem, sure that's the point of the SF

Coleman's form has went into the ditch over the last year.

True, still good but not standout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

rarnes1 wrote: »
    True, still good but not standout

I presume you are talking about his attacking threat because he has certainly become a better defender over the last 18 months of so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

Don't disagree with your overall point, but don't think Mourinho was manager either when Chelsea first bought Matic or when they sold him.

Rossi never became world class that is hilarious. Also, Pique and Pogba never failed at United so your point is ridiculous. United did not want either of Pique and Pogba to leave and it was always likely they would go onto greatness.

Even Chelsea didn't want KDB to leave, he left. KDB didn't fail at Chelsea. So your point is nonsense.

Yeah Rossi was never world class but he was close and Barca were close to signing him just that the asking price was too big so they dropped their interest and Rossi got injured.

Even Chelsea didn't want KDB to leave, he left. KDB didn't fail at Chelsea. So your point is nonsense.

Yeah Rossi was never world class but he was close and Barca were close to signing him just that the asking price was too big so they dropped their interest and Rossi got injured.
    Is the implication here that De Bruyne wanted to play for Werder Bremen and Wolfsburg instead of Chelsea?

Whereas Pique and Pogba DID want to play for Barcelona and Juventus instead of Manchester United which isn't that strange. United had no say in Pogba leaving. He left on a free transfer.

Of course De Bruyne failed at Chelsea. He couldn't get in the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Mata was savage for Chelsea but he needed the whole system to be built around him in those seasons where got outstanding numbers. It became clear after 2 average enough seasons in the league that we couldn't continue to build the team around Mata because his good form alone couldn't carry them. He has yet to come close to those numbers at United because Van Gaal and Moyes didn't try and build the system around him either.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭snowblind

Is the implication here that De Bruyne wanted to play for Werder Bremen and Wolfsburg instead of Chelsea?

Whereas Pique and Pogba DID want to play for Barcelona and Juventus instead of Manchester United which isn't that strange. United had no say in Pogba leaving. He left on a free transfer.

The logic of the laste sentence could be used in a wild variety of cases
    "Of course Pogba failed at ManU. He couldn't get in the team" for example.

Pogba wanted to play at ManU but didn't get to play, that's why he wanted elsewhere. KDB wanted to play at Chelsea but didn't get to play, that's why he went elsewhere. The Chelsea problem is that they buy a lot and a lot of the players never get a decent chance. If you don't get a decent chance, you might want to look elsewhere. It worked out for KDB as he is coming back. That is hardly failing. Unfortunately City is another team like Chelsea where a lot of good players lose a year of their career due to a myriad selection of reasons, all of which cannot be just labelled "failing".

• Advertisement

KBD wanted to play in first team which he wasn't getting at Chelsea. How can player fail without getting proper chances. So it wasn't wanting to play for Wolfsburg than Chelsea, it's playing for Wolfsburg rather than warming bench at Chelsea.

Whether pique left for Barca, Juve or for Leicester doesn't matter. They failed to make grade at United and IIRC Pogba played more mins at ManUtd than KDB at Chelsea (if 132 mins is true).

In all these cases Clubs didn't want to lose players but they left for same reason. Playing for first team than on bench.

snowblind wrote: »
    The logic of the laste sentence could be used in a wild variety of cases
    "Of course Pogba failed at ManU. He couldn't get in the team" for example.

Pogba wanted to play at ManU but didn't get to play, that's why he wanted elsewhere. KDB wanted to play at Chelsea but didn't get to play, that's why he went elsewhere. The Chelsea problem is that they buy a lot and a lot of the players never get a decent chance. If you don't get a decent chance, you might want to look elsewhere. It worked out for KDB as he is coming back. That is hardly failing. Unfortunately City is another team like Chelsea where a lot of good players lose a year of their career due to a myriad selection of reasons, all of which cannot be just labelled "failing".
    To be fair here, Pogba is younger NOW than De Bruyne was when he left Chelsea. The cases can't be compared. There won't be many talents that special that they can demand first team football at a European elite club at the age of 18 and move to another if they don't get it.

Whereas De Bruyne failed at Chelsea and had to go to Werder Bremen and Wolfsburg to work his way up to another shot at the big time. Now he's going to get that 2nd shot at the big time and needs to succeed this time. Note that I've never said he wouldn't. All I said there are still doubts surrounding him and people jumped on with this whole 'omgz Mourinho lets loads of great players go, Pogba is great' thing.

KBD wanted to play in first team which he wasn't getting at Chelsea. How can player fail without getting proper chances. So it wasn't wanting to play for Wolfsburg than Chelsea, it's playing for Wolfsburg rather than warming bench at Chelsea.

Whether pique left for Barca, Juve or for Leicester doesn't matter. They failed to make grade at United and IIRC Pogba played more mins at ManUtd than KDB at Chelsea (if 132 mins is true).

In all these cases Clubs didn't want to lose players but they left for same reason. Playing for first team than on bench.

Pique did not leave to get first team football. He left because the biggest club in the world (well them or Real) wanted him to play first team football for them. Pogba was 18 when not getting first team football. For someone who rattles on about context you don't apply much of it.

Pique did not leave to get first team football. He left because the biggest club in the world (well them or Real) wanted him to play first team football for them. Pogba was 18 when not getting first team football. For someone who rattles on about context you don't apply much of it.

Eh? That just shows your initial point was wrong without context and I just gave examples for it.

You are just giving excuses for Pique, Pogba while not applying same logic for KDB.

Eh? That just shows your initial point was wrong without context and I just gave examples for it.

You are just giving excuses for Pique, Pogba while not applying same logic for KDB.

There are no excuses for De Bruyne. He was at an age where first team football is more than common and could not break his way into the team. That is the reality. Blaming the manager for De Bruyne not being able to get in the team makes no sense.

De Bruyne has loads to prove that he's going to be able to excel at a big club in a league with the crazy pinball tempo that is the Premier League.

Yay another thread that been derailed by a pissing contest

Yay another thread that been derailed by a pissing contest
    What? A discussion in the transfer thread about the biggest transfer of the summer? Lets get back on topic.

What? A discussion in the transfer thread about the biggest transfer of the summer? Lets get back on topic.

It's not a discussion its yet another my teams better than your team endless pointless argument also I fail to see how mata is relevant there has been little said about kdb

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

On the De Bruyne thing, he's a fantastic signing. You can't judge his quality based on his time at Chelsea, in truth it's tough to judge a player's quality when they play under a manager who is as extreme in their philosophy as Mourinho is. For Mourinho, the philosophy comes before all others, if the player does not fit the philosophy then the player does not last very long at the club. De Bruyne, along with Mata and Luiz, were casualties of this. If you were to take Mata, De Bruyne and Luiz and match them up against Oscar, Willian and Cahill away from the Chelsea backdrop I think you could make a fair argument that the former 3 are more talented and more skilled than their Chelsea counterparts. This is not what Mourinho cares about because, in his philosophy, the individual does not take precedence. Oscar is more mobile than Mata and better when his team doesn't have the ball, Willian is more robust than De Bruyne and works harder off the ball, Cahill is less erratic than Luiz and is more suited to playing in a low block. That Mourinho ditched the former 3 players and stuck with the latter 3 isn't a comment on their individual quality, it's a matter of who best fits into his set up.

De Bruyne has shown that, free of the Mourinho shackles, he's a remarkable talent, the Bundesliga player of the year and a quality addition to any squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Everton reject 20m bid from psg for Coleman. Talksport reporting so doubt there is much to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Any transfers going on?

On the De Bruyne thing, he's a fantastic signing. You can't judge his quality based on his time at Chelsea, in truth it's tough to judge a player's quality when they play under a manager who is as extreme in their philosophy as Mourinho is. For Mourinho, the philosophy comes before all others, if the player does not fit the philosophy then the player does not last very long at the club. De Bruyne, along with Mata and Luiz, were casualties of this. If you were to take Mata, De Bruyne and Luiz and match them up against Oscar, Willian and Cahill away from the Chelsea backdrop I think you could make a fair argument that the former 3 are more talented and more skilled than their Chelsea counterparts. This is not what Mourinho cares about because, in his philosophy, the individual does not take precedence. Oscar is more mobile than Mata and better when his team doesn't have the ball, Willian is more robust than De Bruyne and works harder off the ball, Cahill is less erratic than Luiz and is more suited to playing in a low block. That Mourinho ditched the former 3 players and stuck with the latter 3 isn't a comment on their individual quality, it's a matter of who best fits into his set up.

De Bruyne has shown that, free of the Mourinho shackles, he's a remarkable talent, the Bundesliga player of the year and a quality addition to any squad.
    We aren't talking about him as a mere addition to a squad though. We are talking about him as a multimillion marquee signing (is he City's record signing?). Therefore Willian comparisons aren't the ones I'd be looking at.

The argument was never that De Bruyne isn't a talented footballer. He has shown enough in his Wolfsburg career to illustrate that of course he is. But I don't think he has proven enough to be breaking Man City's transfer record and justifying transfer fees that are usually saved for Europe's elite (not Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez but the rest).

At that sort of fee you're banking on him being the next Silva, Hazard or Sanchez (different styles of player but all have similar impact and importance for their teams), when in reality he is a huge risk of being no more than another Navas, Oscar or Willian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Any transfers going on?

Marcos Lopes of Man City (no have never heard of him either) has been sold to Monaco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Marcos Lopes of Man City (no have never heard of him either) has been sold to Monaco

For £9m too!

Was funny as Pellegrini insisted earlier today that he wouldn't be sold only for the Man City website to announce his sale within a couple of hours.

We aren't talking about him as a mere addition to a squad though. We are talking about him as a multimillion marquee signing (is he City's record signing?). Therefore Willian comparisons aren't the ones I'd be looking at.

The argument was never that De Bruyne isn't a talented footballer. He has shown enough in his Wolfsburg career to illustrate that of course he is. But I don't think he has proven enough to be breaking Man City's transfer record and justifying transfer fees that are usually saved for Europe's elite (not Messi, Ronaldo, Bale, Suarez but the rest).

At that sort of fee you're banking on him being the next Silva, Hazard or Sanchez (different styles of player but all have similar impact and importance for their teams), when in reality he is a huge risk of being no more than another Navas, Oscar or Willian.

To be fair, Willian cost somewhere in the region of £30 million (relatively close to that) so he's not like a Michu type signing.

I understand what you are saying, for the money they are paying you expect him to be one of the key players in their starting lineup, as would I. The problem with saying that these are fees reserved for Europe's elite is that actually attracting Europe's elite to England is difficult, attracting them to anywhere in England that isn't London is even more difficult, getting them to stay in England is more difficult still. In De Bruyne City have found a gem, he's got experience of the English league, he's lived in England, he's got friends living close, but more than that they've identified a world class attacking player who is actually open to the idea of moving to City. Are they overspending? Probably, but I wouldn't say they are overspending any more on De Bruyne than many clubs have on their recruits.

He's not a workhorse, he's not a utility player, he's a gifted, young attacking player. Unlike Silva, Hazard or Sanchez, who City, Chelsea and Arsenal got at relatively cheap prices, Wolfsburg aren't going to sell cheap so City must cough up the premium rate. Had Hazard, Silva or Sanchez been at Wolfsburg you'd be paying roughly the same price for them that City will pay for De Bruyne. The price is high but so too are the potential returns, Sterling, Silva, De Bruyne and Aguero almost guarantees the Premier League title, it should also mean a far greater tilt at European glory. They are buying a gem for the present and the future.

• Advertisement

To be fair, Willian cost somewhere in the region of £30 million (relatively close to that) so he's not like a Michu type signing.

I understand what you are saying, for the money they are paying you expect him to be one of the key players in their starting lineup, as would I. The problem with saying that these are fees reserved for Europe's elite is that actually attracting Europe's elite to England is difficult, attracting them to anywhere in England that isn't London is even more difficult, getting them to stay in England is more difficult still. In De Bruyne City have found a gem, he's got experience of the English league, he's lived in England, he's got friends living close, but more than that they've identified a world class attacking player who is actually open to the idea of moving to City. Are they overspending? Probably, but I wouldn't say they are overspending any more on De Bruyne than many clubs have on their recruits.

He's not a workhorse, he's not a utility player, he's a gifted, young attacking player. Unlike Silva, Hazard or Sanchez, who City, Chelsea and Arsenal got at relatively cheap prices, Wolfsburg aren't going to sell cheap so City must cough up the premium rate. Had Hazard, Silva or Sanchez been at Wolfsburg you'd be paying roughly the same price for them that City will pay for De Bruyne. The price is high but so too are the potential returns, Sterling, Silva, De Bruyne and Aguero almost guarantees the Premier League title, it should also mean a far greater tilt at European glory. They are buying a gem for the present and the future.
    I don't really see it that way. City have attracted players of similar or better quality to De Bruyne for much cheaper, with a much more proven pedigree. De Bruyne was class last season and all the things you said he was but I wouldn't go so heavily in my praise for him in any other season. Surely he needs to prove more to justify he can be that marquee player? We still have to see him play Champions League football even and we are talking about him in the terms of Hazard, Silva and Sanchez. I find that difficult. My point was that he's talented but unproven and I'm inclined to stand by it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Paully D wrote: »
    Ola Toivonen has joined Sunderland on loan. He has worked with Advocaat before at PSV and I believe he commented before how well Toivonen and Lens used to link up with Toivonen in the central creative role and Lens a wide forward.

I haven't seen much of him though. Can anyone tell me how disappointed I'm going to end up being with this one then? :pac:

Well, he went from PSV to Rennes which however you look at it, isnt exactly a promotion.
    Managed to "crown" himself the most hated player in the eredivisie and that counts his colleagues at other clubs, not just the fans.

He is a grade A ....... (those are blanks, not censored) but a team struggling might just need that every now and then.
    Was never really clear what his best position is, centre forward or attacking midfielder. He wanted the no 10 role at PSV but never really cemented that spot

He does have goals in him though.
    And i know i ll take him on to pick up a card here and there in the right matches.

And as for Coleman to PSG.
    PSG is rather busy getting VD Wiel out of the door. In a way by saying he isnt fit while he claims he is and is left in the stands, not even o nthe bench.

I don't really see it that way. City have attracted players of similar or better quality to De Bruyne for much cheaper, with a much more proven pedigree. De Bruyne was class last season and all the things you said he was but I wouldn't go so heavily in my praise for him in any other season. Surely he needs to prove more to justify he can be that marquee player? We still have to see him play Champions League football even and we are talking about him in the terms of Hazard, Silva and Sanchez. I find that difficult. My point was that he's talented but unproven and I'm inclined to stand by it.

To be fair the circumstances of the players they attracted for less money were different. Silva was sold off by Valencia because they desperately needed money, I mean look at the players who've arrived in England that have cost more than him, his price tag didn't equal his ability. Yaya wasn't the youngest, was an out of favor holding midfielder at Barcelona who rarely get a great price when they sell players anyway and his wages were massive. Aguero was a bit more money wise but again Atletico pretty much had to sell due to debt.

They did fantastically well to find players of that quality who were in situations where the price for each individual was less than £40 but that's simply not always possible. They are going to pay a premium price for a premium player.

That's fair enough, I believe he is a top class player and he'll continue to be. I'll just say that there's definitely examples of players being unproven in the CL that have gone for big money and gone on to do great things.

Are City going to play De Bruyne on the right? Or drop Sterling? If De Bruyne is going in the middle then Silva wont be there which is bad for City. If De Bruyne is on the wing then he wont be as good as he has been off the striker for Wolfsburg so that's bad for City. I could be proven very wrong on this but I think it may leave them exposed in defense if they play De Bruyne, Sterling, Silva, Aguero and Yaya in the same team.

To be fair the circumstances of the players they attracted for less money were different. Silva was sold off by Valencia because they desperately needed money, I mean look at the players who've arrived in England that have cost more than him, his price tag didn't equal his ability. Yaya wasn't the youngest, was an out of favor holding midfielder at Barcelona who rarely get a great price when they sell players anyway and his wages were massive. Aguero was a bit more money wise but again Atletico pretty much had to sell due to debt.

They did fantastically well to find players of that quality who were in situations where the price for each individual was less than £40 but that's simply not always possible. They are going to pay a premium price for a premium player.

That's fair enough, I believe he is a top class player and he'll continue to be. I'll just say that there's definitely examples of players being unproven in the CL that have gone for big money and gone on to do great things.
    Fair enough, but I think if we put De Bruyne on the same level of proven as Sanchez or Hazard we're certainly doing him a service. While Hazard moved from Lille, his career has just been one upward trajectory. Everything has gotten better for him and will continue to. De Bruyne's had a bit of a mess and only last season has really gotten to show his talent. Whereas Sanchez was coming off a season having scored over 20 goals at the biggest (or 2nd biggest whatever way one chooses to argue it) club in the world.

I feel that Hazard and Sanchez came to the Premier League with expectations that they would be great. This is my memory of the general consensus of it and it is how I felt. While I feel that De Bruyne is very talented but comes with a pretty big question mark as to how he'll actually do at City, but for a much bigger price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

I think this is a great buy for west brom

https://twitter.com/fourfourtweet/status/637301223922790400

Evans is the complete opposite of a Pulis defender. I don't think Everton would lose out much in the short term bringing him in for Stones and accepting Chelsea's mega offer.

Would not be surprised if Pulis is going to play Evans as a full-back. He does that sort of thing alot and with Evans not being the stereotypical Pulis CB, suspect that might actually be the plan.

Would not be surprised if Pulis is going to play Evans as a full-back. He does that sort of thing alot and with Evans not being the stereotypical Pulis CB, suspect that might actually be the plan.

That would be a disaster imo. He is good at carrying the ball forward and passing but looked his most dodgy when covering for the left back last season when they went walkies. I rate him quite highly as a ball playing CB but great in the air he is not.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Gavlor wrote: »
    I think this is a great buy for west brom

https://twitter.com/fourfourtweet/status/637301223922790400

Have seen it said that if this goes through Lescott will join Villa. Not one hundred percent sold on the deal myself due to his age and as I like Clark (who finally seems to be becoming the player Villa fans thought he could) but Lescott's experience wouldn't hurt and he was WBAs best defender last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Pathetic that Sunderland wouldn't go all out to get Evans. He's exactly what we need. Left behind by all but the promoted clubs at this stage. :(

Evans and Lescott both excellent signings for WBA and Villa respectively IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Man City have sold Marcos Lopes for around €10m to Monaco.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Kampl joined Leverkusen from Dortmund after a brief stay.
    Kucka joined Milan from Genoa in a move that was on/off for a few years now.
    Looking like Iturbe will join Genoa on loan from Roma after a mediocre season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Paully D wrote: »
    Pathetic that Sunderland wouldn't go all out to get Evans. He's exactly what we need. Left behind by all but the promoted clubs at this stage. :(

Evans and Lescott both excellent signings for WBA and Villa respectively IMO.

Sunderland are doing nothing of note in this window, those in charge are really messing up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,064 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

JPA wrote: »
    Sunderland are doing nothing of note in this window, those in charge are really messing up.

Everton have spent the least of all premier-league teams. Imagine how we feel

• Advertisement
Advertisement