Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2015 Transfer Window General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Everton have spent the least of all premier-league teams. Imagine how we feel

Didn't know that, although it's unlikely they will be fighting relegation. This is not the season to get relegated for Sunderland or any team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Well done to Everton for repelling borders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Everton have spent the least of all premier-league teams. Imagine how we feel

The difference is, Everton have 6 players who are or were recently worth around £25 Million and upwards!

I think Everton will make a big signing in the next 4 days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Not good enough for Chelsea.

Mourinhio was proven right too

lol I can't believe after all this time you're still trying to bang that drum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

JPA wrote: »
    Sunderland are doing nothing of note in this window, those in charge are really messing up.

Agreed. It's down to Short not providing the required money to be honest. Everyone else can only do so much when the money isn't there.

I know Short has been burnt so much in the past and previous regimes have essentially pissed away about £200m with little return so I can understand his reluctance, but it's just asking for trouble really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

zerks wrote: »

Really strange as to why they're giving him a chance. He was sh*te at Milan and hasn't done a lot since he returned to Brazil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Really strange as to why they're giving him a chance. He was sh*te at Milan and hasn't done a lot since he returned to Brazil.

Hard to believe he's only 25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

He had 2 or 3 good seasons with Milan and he was a young lad too, bit harsh to call his time there shíte

Also he was very unfortunate with injuries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

when I think of Pato I think of that goal against Barca when he ran through the middle of the whole team

It's a shame he didn't progress he had the world at his feet back then in that Milan team

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    He had 2 or 3 good seasons with Milan and he was a young lad too, bit harsh to call his time there shíte

Also he was very unfortunate with injuries

The likes of El Shaarawy also looked very good for a while but haven't done much since they burst on to the scene.

Plenty of players are unfortunate with injuries, but still have proved themselves to be class players when fit, such as Sturridge or Ramsey. Pato hasn't done anything to show himself as worthy of another crack at Europe, let alone the PL. He was loaned out from Corinthians last year, which shows how highly they rated him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

Was amazing initially at Milan, then injured/poor. Poor/average at Corinthians then better at Sao Paulo. Huge risk to sign him and especially for big money as Corithians have admitted it was a mistake to sign him.

Corithians chairman -

‘I regret buying him,’ De Andrade reportedly told ESPN Brazil.
    ‘But the failure is his own fault. At the time no-one was against it. Everyone knows that we’re praying day and night, hoping to sell him.’

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

rwbug wrote: »
    Was amazing initially at Milan, then injured/poor. Poor/average at Corinthians then better at Sao Paulo. Huge risk to sign him and especially for big money as Corithians have admitted it was a mistake to sign him.

Corithians chairman -

‘I regret buying him,’ De Andrade reportedly told ESPN Brazil.
    ‘But the failure is his own fault. At the time no-one was against it. Everyone knows that we’re praying day and night, hoping to sell him.’

Agree he is a risk but Spurs would really be in trouble if Kane was to get injured, badly need a number 9 back up and for Europa League

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

injuries are only part of Pato's story. His social life in Milan was a significant factor that and his playing style being easily nullified. Sometimes a player bursts onto the scene terrifying opposition teams. Then they figure out how to stop them. The player while skilful never adapts and the appearance is that they declined.

Pato got some horrific luck with serious injuries, there can be no doubt there. Where there is some doubt is how much other factors also affected his form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Brighton signing Elvis Manu is a bit of a coup right? 14 goals for Feyenoord last year from inside right and still very young.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Was between them and Watford.

Had huge impact a few times coming from the bench.

All or nothing player and i am rather sad to see him go. But wouldnt get a first team place this season again and after having been on loan and now 2 years at the first team, it just appeared he just isnt 1st team material for Feyenoord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Chris Forrester signs for Peterbrough from pats, quality player hope he does well over there!

inforfun wrote: »
    Was between them and Watford.

Had huge impact a few times coming from the bench.

All or nothing player and i am rather sad to see him go. But wouldnt get a first team place this season again and after having been on loan and now 2 years at the first team, it just appeared he just isnt 1st team material for Feyenoord.

Boetius the main man still?

CSF wrote: »
    Boetius the main man still?
    Nope, sold to Basel weeks ago.

Elia is the one who is going to do it.

Contract was running out, didnt want to sign a new one.
    Off you go then.

Same was about to happen with Vilhena, Sampdoria and Feyenoord had an agreement but he doesnt want to leave.
    He doesnt want to move abroad for personal reasons.

Very understandable if you know the reason but he also doesnt want to sign a new contract.

inforfun wrote: »
    Nope, sold to Basel weeks ago.

Elia is the one who is going to do it.

Contract was running out, didnt want to sign a new one.
    Off you go then.

Same was about to happen with Vilhena, Sampdoria and Feyenoord had an agreement but he doesnt want to leave.
    He doesnt want to move abroad for personal reasons.

Very understandable if you know the reason but he also doesnt want to sign a new contract.

I suppose it's always the danger when you've a squad full of young prospects, when they all do well at once, you can lose them all at once, like Southampton.

• Advertisement

Yes, Feyenoord has been paying but at the same time receiving for having the best youth academy 5x in the last 6 years.

Could have a team now that would easily win the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Yep, De Bruyne confirmed.

City really going for it this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

What's KDB like? Don't know if I've ever seen him play full game.
    Who's he comparable to?

Well that's that then, City have to do something truly stupid or literally die in a plane crash not to win the league. Chelsea have pretty much handed it to them already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

JPA wrote: »
    What's KDB like? Don't know if I've ever seen him play full game.
    Who's he comparable to?

He's a good player but doesn't really have the pace to be a winger and won't get in that team ahead of Silva - will probably play as part of a front four in place of Navas though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Well that's that then, City have to do something truly stupid or literally die in a plane crash not to win the league. Chelsea have pretty much handed it to them already.

Arsenal's lack of & Liverpool/United's poor transfer business the last few years helps too. £58m is a bit of a laugh of a price but it's going to be more common in the PL the next few years.
    Valencia signed Abdennour from Monaco. Good signing that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Playing KDB on the wing might mess with the system that's worked so well this season. Having 2 wingers providing proper width has given Silva a lot of room to work with, playing another #10 on the wing will change that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭tinofapples

ERG89 wrote: »
    Arsenal's lack of & Liverpool/United's poor transfer business the last few years helps too. £58m is a bit of a laugh of a price but it's going to be more common in the PL the next few years.
    Valencia signed Abdennour from Monaco. Good signing that.

Only really seen him against Arsenal last year but he did impress in those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Only really seen him against Arsenal last year but he did impress in those games.

Good signing considering that plenty of sides need good centre backs.
    Following the De Bruyne move Wolfsburg have signed Dante & apparently Draxler too.

• Advertisement

Hernandez to Leverkusen deal done according to chatter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/football_oranje/status/638077352908595205

Van Dijk in Southampton to complete move from Celtic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,521 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Hernandez to Leverkusen deal done according to chatter.

€12m apparently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

ERG89 wrote: »
    Following the De Bruyne move Wolfsburg have signed Dante & apparently Draxler too.

They seem to have a general "clear out" late in the Transfer Window. Perisic is moving for about 20 mil Euro to Inter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Charlie Austin joining Man Utd is now odds on. Martial linked too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DubDani

19 year old Kingsley Coman from Juve to Bayern is an interesting/strange Transfer. They have loaned him for 2 years for 7 mil Euro (5 mil. for first year and 2 mil. for second year), and have then a purchase option of 21 mil. Euro.

Apparently the one player Guardiola really wanted this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

did they not only buy him from monaco? in January

DubDani wrote: »
    19 year old Kingsley Coman from Juve to Bayern is an interesting/strange Transfer. They have loaned him for 2 years for 7 mil Euro (5 mil. for first year and 2 mil. for second year), and have then a purchase option of 21 mil. Euro.

Apparently the one player Guardiola really wanted this year.

Strange as to why they only took him on loan. Surely he needs games so going to one of top3 in Europe means he's not going to get much game time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

MD1990 wrote: »
    Charlie Austin joining Man Utd is now odds on. Martial linked too

Austin is originating from some lad on Twitter who is making stuff up...

• Advertisement

If Anthony Martial is the signing, after weeks of Pedro, Neymar, Bale, Muller, United fans are going to be seriously p*ssed. Surely United will have to pull something out of the bag to prevent their fans from losing alot of faith in the Van Gaal/Woodward combo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

DubDani wrote: »
    They seem to have a general "clear out" late in the Transfer Window. Perisic is moving for about 20 mil Euro to Inter.

Selling De Bruyne seems like a real lack of ambition regardless of the money involved.

Considering they're owned by VW they can't really be in need of that much money.I would have thought with Bayern failing in Europe the last couple of years and some of their players getting older the next couple of seasons could be a real opportunity for Wolfsburg to push on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11834356/Man-Utd-transfers-Club-bid-36m-for-Anthony-Martial.html

36m pounds(€50m) is insane money for Martial. Who is a very good talent but should be is comparable to Origi who cost 10m.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Raul garcia leaving atleico for athletic

Sunderland trying to get Adrian Ramos in from Dortmund per the local papers tomorrow. Any good?

Paully D wrote: »
    Sunderland trying to get Adrian Ramos in from Dortmund per the local papers tomorrow. Any good?

You have Borini for 8 million and maybe Tiago Ilori according to the reliable LFC hacks.

• Advertisement

You have Borini for 8 million and maybe Tiago Ilori according to the reliable LFC hacks.

Yup. I posted in the Liverpool thread re: Borini at about 7pm this evening :) It had been posted on the main Sunderland forum by someone who gets information from the players and often posts it since since early morning (including the exact price, he was absolutely spot on).

I don't really know anything about Ilori. What's your verdict there? I wouldn't mind Enrique on loan because LB is a massive problem for us at the moment. Then again, so is CB to be fair :pac:

Nothing special but easily an improvement on Fletcher/Defoe

I don't really know anything about Ilori. What's your verdict there? I wouldn't mind Enrique on loan because LB is a massive problem for us at the moment. Then again, so is CB to be fair :pac:

Young but quite talented, is blessed with great turn of pace which can get him out of trouble should he play himself into it! Likes a pass out from the back, dunno how Advocaat is with that sort of thing. I'm hoping it's only a season loan but fear a sale.

CSF wrote: »
    Nothing special but easily an improvement on Fletcher/Defoe

That'd do me. I remain skeptical it will happen however.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Moses to West Ham, wait for it. On loan.

• Advertisement
Advertisement