Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2015 Transfer Window General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Read Pjanic buy.

Need to go to bed early for once.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

greendom wrote: »
    daedba2acdb8318c1addf187339e359e_bigger.pngGet French Football ‏@GFN_France now4 seconds ago
    Anthony Martial becomes the most expensive French footballer of all time & the 5th most expensive player of all time with this deal!

That is insane. Obviously inflation adjusted price for Zidane would be higher, but as a headline stat, it really sums up the craziness of the market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,828 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Have Chelsea bought Pogba and Aguero yet?!

That Martial fee?!!

Wtf has happened at Utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

That £750m Adidas money being well spent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Knex. wrote: »
    Why?

Forcing teams to spend within their means should be encouraged, imo.

Manchester City have bottomless means though. They should be able to spend what they like.

FPP is just an attempt to keep clubs like City in their place.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Panthro wrote: »
    Have Chelsea bought Pogba and Aguero yet?!

No but Liverpool will sign Arda Turan, Arsenal will sign Mexes & Aldo Duscher is nailed on to join United from Deportivo
    Keep those under yer hat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Brown Ideye gone to Olympiakos.

Glenn Murray off to Bournemouth for £5million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,079 ✭✭✭DenMan

Wenger on a flight to Paris. I hope it's for Cavani. :D

11951839_10204496663768774_4763318680673755236_n.jpg?oh=fa21c2207f3862dd5fc003aecd35fc28&oe=5681BEB0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

DenMan wrote: »

11951839_10204496663768774_4763318680673755236_n.jpg?oh=fa21c2207f3862dd5fc003aecd35fc28&oe=5681BEB0

Seems appropriate
    wengstraw1_3212919b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Johner wrote: »

Surely means Palace are bringing in a striker?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

DenMan wrote: »

Ah I'd love a year of Zlatan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,302 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Surely means Palace are bringing in a striker?

Would have thought so,

Rumours they needed to offload a couple of players to make a move for Charlie Austin, Bannan gone and Murray could mean it has legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Johner wrote: »

Some money for a soon to be 32 year old striker.

Palace have done some very shrewd business over the last couple of years in fairness, lending United Zaha for £4m for a year being the best bit :pac:

Overpaid for Wickham but other than that bought well; McCarthy, Puncheon, Cabaye are all solid Premier League players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Manchester City have bottomless means though. They should be able to spend what they like.

FPP is just an attempt to keep clubs like City in their place.

FFP didn't go far enough.

A pan european salary cap will have to be introduced (by UEFA) soon enough or you'll get continually tedious title races all across europe for the forseeable future and a very boring champions league (it's been quite boring for the last few years in my opinion).

The amount of money being spent is taking away the hope of a lot of teams and I'd imagine it can't be as much fun being fans of a lot of teams anymore.All the leagues in Europe were a lot more competitive up until the new millenium but since then all the major leagues are dominated by 2 or 3 elite clubs with no chance for others to break in and basically the second tier of clubs have accepted they cannot really compete and decided to sell as soon as they can to keep their finances ok.Thats not really what sport should be about.

The sense of achievement has gone from the game as well. Barca,Real,Bayern,Man Utd,PSG,Chelsea and Man City winning a trophy is not much of an achievement as they all have virtually limitless resources and can but as many players as they want to help them succeed and just blow the other teams away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

A pan european salary cap will have to be introduced (by UEFA) soon enough or you'll get continually tedious title races all across europe for the forseeable future and a very boring champions league (it's been quite boring for the last few years in my opinion).

Salary caps are against the law in the EU

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Schwiiing wrote: »

Salary caps are against the law in the EU

They have them in the English Rugby premiership so if they can do it it should be applicable in Soccer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Schwiiing wrote: »

They have them in the English Rugby premiership so if they can do it it should be applicable in Soccer.

It might be that companies can't cap salaries of individual people. My bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Posted this in United thread, but is wrecking my head. De Gea deal was apparently the second highest fee ever for a player in the last year of his contract. Any idea who's the first?

titan18 wrote: »
    Posted this in United thread, but is wrecking my head. De Gea deal was apparently the second highest fee ever for a player in the last year of his contract. Any idea who's the first?

Maybe Neymar?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

zlatan to barca?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Few deals in italy

Hernanes to juve, ljajic to inter on loan and matri has joined lazio on loan too. His 7th serie a club i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

eto?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

€80M for Martial according to Monaco. Yowza.

€80M for Martial according to Monaco. Yowza.

it's also 36 million, then 50 + 30 in potential bonuses. nobody seems to actually have the same numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

it's also 36 million, then 50 + 30 in potential bonuses. nobody seems to actually have the same numbers

All the French sources I've seen are going with €80 million and they are far more reliable in this in this instance than the English sources saying it is £35 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

All the French sources I've seen are going with €80 million and they are far more reliable in this in this instance than the English sources saying it is £35 million.
    If its 80 million heads need to roll here, notably Woodwards. None of this 'oh well some of it is add ons'. This would be the epitome of ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Someone's pet dog is gonna have a big balance in their Swiss bank account after this one me suspects.

Nobody is paying 80 million up front for a 19 year old. Nobody. Not even if his name was Messi ronaldo pele maradonna

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

£36m would be €50m and then the add-ons of €30m to give a total of €80m.

Mental money.

Nobody is paying 80 million up front for a 19 year old. Nobody. Not even if his name was Messi ronaldo pele maradonna
    Nobody said it would be up front. Transfer prices are rarely all up front. Ah sure it might be only 55 or 60 if he ends up being ****. No biggie.

CSF wrote: »
    Nobody said it would be up front. Transfer prices are rarely all up front. Ah sure it might be only 55 or 60 if he ends up being ****. No biggie.

then it's not 80, I could say I signed a contract but if it's not all guaranteed then who cares, if this buck leads them to the pl and champions league, then have yer 80 million, be worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mbokani to Norwich on loan. I think that's an excellent pick up for them. On another planet to Cameron Jerome and Lewis Grabban anyway. A huge improvement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Maybe they added the guy's salary as well to come to a complete deal?
    Whatever... stupid money.
    Saw him 90 minutes or so in a match versus a make shift Dutch u21 side a few months ago. France being a much stronger (physically) side than Holland but i cant say i fell of my chair of what i saw of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Monaco will probably never see the add ons unless he turns into a world beater and then United won't really care handing it over

Still 36 million is mad for an untested 19 year old, Shaw showed form as one of the best left backs in the league for 2 seasons before we paid mega money for him

• Advertisement

then it's not 80, I could say I signed a contract but if it's not all guaranteed then who cares, if this buck leads them to the pl and champions league, then have yer 80 million, be worth it
    But that is how all transfers work. Sterling, Stones, De Bruyne, the works. You can't just ignore it in this instance but talk about the full fees in all the others.

But that is how all transfers work. Sterling, Stones, De Bruyne, the works. You can't just ignore it in this instance but talk about the full fees in all the others.

I said nothing about those fees.

I said nothing about those fees.
    I never said you did, I was speaking in general. You can't just twist the figures out of context when it suits like. This if it happens at that price (which I do have my doubts over because it would be crazy) would be bigger than the Sterling fee. Heading closer to the Suarez fee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Maybe Neymar?

Thinking this might possibly be it

I never said you did, I was speaking in general. You can't just twist the figures out of context when it suits like. This if it happens at that price (which I do have my doubts over because it would be crazy) would be bigger than the Sterling fee. Heading closer to the Suarez fee

not a hope it's near the 80 million, if you are throwing that out you try to get pogba back not a wee buck. I reckon it's the 50 million but wont know till it's announced

• Advertisement

not a hope it's near the 80 million, if you are throwing that out you try to get pogba back not a wee buck. I reckon it's the 50 million but wont know till it's announced
    Pogba wouldn't join United, but 80 million (euros now not sterling) is the fee Monaco are reporting. I'll have to see it to believe it too but that is what we have at the moment.

It wont all be paid up front, as far as I understand it, the deal is structured as €60 million up front, €15 million in guaranteed incentives and €5 million in performance related bonuses. It's an eye-watering amount of money to pay for a 19 year old with 8 goals in Ligue 1.

Meanwhile it seems De Gea's move to Real Madrid has crashed and burned in spectacular fashion. Seems it is off.

It wont all be paid up front, as far as I understand it, the deal is structured as €60 million up front, €15 million in guaranteed incentives and €5 million in performance related bonuses. It's an eye-watering amount of money to pay for a 19 year old with 8 goals in Ligue 1.

Meanwhile it seems De Gea's move to Real Madrid has crashed and burned in spectacular fashion. Seems it is off.

I am really loving all of this I must admit, gonna have to phone in sick to work tomorrow

how can you guarantee an incentive?? they have to hit the target so it can't be guaranteed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Man Utd's day

I am really loving all of this I must admit, gonna have to phone in sick to work tomorrow

It's pretty fantastic drama. Jorge Mendes is rather peeved, that will be interesting in the future given how close his ties are with Man Utd and also that he is rumoured to have played a part in accelerating the Martial deal earlier in the day with the expectation of getting the De Gea to Real Madrid deal done.

Not a hope Real will be told no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

How can you understand it differently to the BBC etc? What source do you have for that?

how can you guarantee an incentive?? they have to hit the target so it can't be guaranteed?

Not a clue, that's why I suppose I'm not negotiating multi million pound deals though. It's possible that incentive is simply the incorrect word used in that statement. However, as best I can tell, that €15 million is guaranteed. At a guess I'd say that €15 million is simply a staggered payment with no clauses needing to be achieved. The other €5 million is performance related though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

De Gea falling through would be great for United. Given what they're willing to spend on Martial, a year of De Gea is definitely worth more than the fee they were reportedly getting for him.

• Advertisement
Advertisement