Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2015 Transfer Window General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

AdamD wrote: »
    De Gea falling through would be great for United. Given what they're willing to spend on Martial, a year of De Gea is definitely worth more than the fee they were reportedly getting for him.
    Could the relationship be reconciled after this though? De Gea has got to be f*cking fuming right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

CSF wrote: »
    Not a hope Real will be told no.

This is the same club and super agent that managed to manipulate the selection of the Golden Ball so don't be too surprised.

Apparently though Man Utd sent the required documents literally 1 minute late, the Spanish FA have confirmed that De Gea wasn't registered in time, apparently he even signed his contract with Real Madrid already. Man Utd clearly not happy with Real Madrid, Mendes or De Gea and have let their anger be known.

Liam O wrote: »
    How can you understand it differently to the BBC etc? What source do you have for that?

The figure BBC are running with is the one Sky used this morning. I'm not quite sure where it came from but it's not the one that media outlets in France are running with, most notably Canal Plus who have had direct confirmation on this from Monaco, my source for this is RMC who broke this story in the first place and have greater credibility than their British counterparts on this occasion.

This is the same club and super agent that managed to manipulate the selection of the Golden Ball so don't be too surprised.

Apparently though Man Utd sent the required documents literally 1 minute late, the Spanish FA have confirmed that De Gea wasn't registered in time, apparently he even signed his contract with Real Madrid already. Man Utd clearly not happy with Real Madrid, Mendes or De Gea and have let their anger be known.
    I was so ready to go to bed before all of this!!!

Could the relationship be reconciled after this though? De Gea has got to be f*cking fuming right now.

No. This is as much a middle finger to De Gea as it is Real Madrid and Mendes. Man Utd obviously suffer from this financially but given how they've been treated by Real Madrid in the past and how arrogant Real Madrid were in their pursuit of De Gea this is a big symbolic victory.

I was so ready to go to bed before all of this!!!

Haha I was on the verge of watching a episode of Narcos but all the drama tonight is being provided by Man Utd, Real Madrid, Jorge Mendes and a want-away goalkeeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,744 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Will he refuse to play the season before the Euros?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Haha I was on the verge of watching a episode of Narcos but all the drama tonight is being provided by Man Utd, Real Madrid, Jorge Mendes and a want-away goalkeeper.

im at work here- where does mendes fit into the drama?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,393 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

De Gea falling through would be great for United. Given what they're willing to spend on Martial, a year of De Gea is definitely worth more than the fee they were reportedly getting for him.

Can't imagine he'd be much use for a while. Had signed the contract and will see this as Utd intentionally sabotaging the move.

• Advertisement

Will he refuse to play the season before the Euros?
    I really don't know. He'd have from January onward most likely in any case but it is definitely a factor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

So that's two keepers united are stuck with who don't want to play for LvG, this is priceless :D

im at work here- where does mendes fit into the drama?

Mendes is the agent of David De Gea, he has notoriously close ties to both Man Utd and Real Madrid. He's been pushing for this move for quite some time, at the behest of De Gea. The rumour is that he assisted in Man Utd's signing of Martial this morning with the understanding that De Gea's move to Real Madrid would go through. That Man Utd were so insolent in stopping the deal going through (the 1 minute late documents) is an insult to an agent the club has long been associated with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

is that any good? only seen an ad for it the other day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Mendes is the agent of David De Gea, he has notoriously close ties to both Man Utd and Real Madrid. He's been pushing for this move for quite some time, at the behest of De Gea. The rumour is that he assisted in Man Utd's signing of Martial this morning with the understanding that De Gea's move to Real Madrid would go through. That Man Utd were so insolent in stopping the deal going through (the 1 minute late documents) is an insult to an agent the club has long been associated with.

**** mendes he hasn't delivered for us in a long time. The bebe transfer was bad enough for that parasite

batistuta9 wrote: »
    is that any good? only seen an ad for it the other day

Haha I love that Narcos has popped up as a topic on the transfer windows discussion thread but ye I've only seen 1 episode so far but it's excellent, really in the mould of a HBO style 1 hour show that you could easily find yourself binge watching for 10 hours straight.

• Advertisement

**** mendes he hasn't delivered for us in a long time. The bebe transfer was bad enough for that parasite

Well Bebe was just a favour to Mendes. You'd be surprised though, his influence stretches far, particularly at certain clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Why is SSN talking about doping at the moment. All we care about is the De Gea deal right now :P Deadline day will be crap tomorrow I'd say since all other windows are closed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Well Bebe was just a favour to Mendes. You'd be surprised though, his influence stretches far, particularly at certain clubs.

thats my point we p[aid the **** off big time and he hasn't delivered for us in a long time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,276 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Haha I love that Narcos has popped up as a topic on the transfer windows discussion thread but ye I've only seen 1 episode so far but it's excellent, really in the mould of a HBO style 1 hour show that you could easily find yourself binge watching for 10 hours straight.

:pac: yeah, i was going to ask you something on the de gea deal too but tbh i'm more interested in this

loved the football pablo. helped atletico national win the copa libertadores, had rene higuita & the rest of the national team up playing in his self built prison and according to one of his friends stopped to listen to a radio broadcast of a columbia game while being chased through the jungle by americans

Meanwhile in Spain, a multi million pound deal involving two of the biggest clubs in the world and Spain's number 1 goalkeeper hinges on a disputed couple of minutes. Both sides seem to be claiming that the deal was done in time, Man Utd it seems were happy to let Madrid sweat while Uefa will confirm tomorrow if De Gea can be registered.

The end result of this should be Real Madrid getting their man but at least it's been tremendous fun.

• Advertisement

batistuta9 wrote: »
    :pac: yeah, i was going to ask you something on the de gea deal too but tbh i'm more interested in this

loved the football pablo. helped atletico national win the copa libertadores, had rene higuita & the rest of the national team up playing in his self built prison and according to one of his friends stopped to listen to a radio broadcast of a columbia game while being chased through the jungle by americans

My bag of popcorn that I was saving for the episode has been emptied as a result of all this commotion.

haha I imagine he wasn't the kind of man who would have let the semantics of a disputed 2 minutes get in the way of closing a deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Does anyone on here seriously believe for one second that the De Gea deal won't be allowed to go through?

BBC sport said that the deal has collapsed.

Manu Sainz reporting that Man Utd sent the documentation on time but that Real Madrid couldn't open the document format.

This is easily my favourite transfer story ever.

I'm not sure just how serious this comment was but the fact that you can throw it in there and it is actually believable, and might even be true, says it all about this transfer. Brilliant stuff.

Manu Sainz reporting that Man Utd sent the documentation on time but that Real Madrid couldn't open the document format.

I'm not sure just how serious this comment was but the fact that you can throw it in there and it is actually believable, and might even be true, says it all about this transfer. Brilliant stuff.
    United cheaping out on OpenOffice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Mendes wrote:
    Who forgot to update Adobe Reader!!!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

Tomoro will be so anti-climatic after today

MARCA have thrown their hat into the ring (because what this transfer really needs is MARCA adding to the hilarity) they claim that the documents that Man Utd sent were password protected. Who wants to play guess the password?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

MARCA have thrown their hat into the ring (because what this transfer really needs is MARCA adding to the hilarity) they claim that the documents that Man Utd sent were password protected.

Who wants to play guess the password?

"bringronniehome7"

• Advertisement

"bringronniehome7"

"RamostoOT2015"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

MARCA have thrown their hat into the ring (because what this transfer really needs is MARCA adding to the hilarity) they claim that the documents that Man Utd sent were password protected. Who wants to play guess the password?

"password"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

"ImissAlex"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

"password"

20timeswedidntwantdegeaanywayslippyGlol

Anyway, Marca's frontcover in the morning runs with the headline "Ridiculo" which translates to exactly what you think it does.

In house claims from Real Madrid now claiming that the documents arrived 28 minutes late. There seems to be a bit of resignation that this deal may not go through afterall. It's tough to predict, this could go either way. My gut tells me that because of who is involved it will be sanctioned but Marca are the puppet of Real Madrid and when they are resigned to defeat it indicates that so too are Real Madrid.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Got an early night last night so only catching up on this now, this is brilliant.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

For £100.000 a week i ll take care of both Madrid's and UTD's IT.
    Still cheaper than this **** up.
    Comedy Capers.

And oh, the pw was 123abc

You couldn't make this stuff up, comedy gold

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Should have asked Arsene for advice. I think we signed Arshavin about 3 days after the window closed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

inforfun wrote: »
    For £100.000 a week i ll take care of both Madrid's and UTD's IT.
    Still cheaper than this **** up.
    Comedy Capers.

And oh, the pw was 123abc

That's a pretty cheap rate, £100. I think you're selling yourself short there, inforfun :P

Password bit just reminds me of this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

McGeady on loan to Sunderland is a hot rumour right now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Whatever happened with Michu at Swansea? The club cannot give him away at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

monkey9 wrote: »
    Whatever happened with Michu at Swansea? The club cannot give him away at the moment.
    Found out and maybe terminally broken. Had a very serious ankle injury two years ago, hasn't been the same since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

SIX HOURS (okay 5 and 50 minutes)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Is there anything even happening today?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Worst deadline day ever, though last night was some craic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

kfallon wrote: »
    Is there anything even happening today?

Doubtful there isn't much of any rumours with 5 hours to go, the very fact other clubs in Europe can't sign any replacements means English clubs will either get their pants pulled down on the fee or told where to go. John Walters will be the transfer saga I'd say, looking forward to seeing Jim White spin this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Every deadline day is 'the worst deadline day ever' it seems. Plenty happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Small time final day by the looks of it.

Charlie Austin staying at QPR it seems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Small time final day by the looks of it.

Charlie Austin staying at QPR it seems.

Surprised nobody took a chance on him, think he's a decent CF!

• Advertisement
Advertisement