Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2015 Transfer Window General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

He won't be. He might sign a pre contract in January, but he'll be first choice keeper for the rest of the season.

But he'll be unhappy and he also may well not give a **** whether you win the league or not. He may be a great professional who will do his best in every game, of course.

I'd suggest that the fact that the club felt unable to play him so far this season would mean there are serious question marks as to whether he'll be the same player now that he was last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The bad news for de Gea is that he hasn't played, if he is thrown back in and has a howler that costs points he'll be under enormous pressure while not even wanting to be there. Van Gaal likewise of course. Obviously one might wish both parties to be professional but even the best paid are frequently short of character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

CN0w6YYXAAI5NzU.png:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

inforfun wrote: »
    CN0w6YYXAAI5NzU.png:large

I'm not sure, but I think I can feel something rising...

Madrid the trolling experts.

I'd say Utd won't be in a rush to do business with them again!

Robbed them with Di Maria, and then Ramos flirting all summer. Then this.

Gangsters!

• ^lol

Whos to say utd are not the trolling experts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

https://twitter.com/TeleFootball/status/638728755113013248

£23 Million bid rejected by WBA from Spurs for Berahino.

Lol,Pulis and Director gone home.

Good for them.

/keep Spurs down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

delighted to see clubs like West Brom holding firm. Same with Southampton and Wanyama. Good on them.

the extra money has meant at least some power has swayed back to the clubs in these sorts of scenarios.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• zerks wrote: »

Spurs being pure stingy, serves them right
    Wp west brom

• Knex. wrote: »
    I'm not sure, but I think I can feel something rising...

Needs more Haley McQueen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

rarnes1 wrote: »

Gangsters!

How is this bad for United? We had all accepted as the Summer went on that he'd either stay and leave on a free next Summer or be sold. Obviously the way it went down was a bit of a farce but I think Madrid come out worse than United here. They had all Summer to make their move and farted around all Summer, now they have to wait another year to get their man. Added bonus for us if he's re-integrated into the team, and we now have a year to find a replacement. I'm not too downbeat about it at all, rather our lack of options up front!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    How is this bad for United? We had all accepted as the Summer went on that he'd either stay and leave on a free next Summer or be sold. Obviously the way it went down was a bit of a farce but I think Madrid come out worse than United here. They had all Summer to make their move and farted around all Summer, not they have to wait another year to get their man. Added bonus for us if he's re-integrated into the team, and we now have a year to find a replacement. I'm not too downbeat about it at all, rather our lack of options up front!

Would rather Navas and 20-30m than DDG for 10 months and diddly squat after that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

zerks wrote: »

If anyone deserves a kick in the nuts like that its Levy, he has done it so many times and its nice to see it paid back to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

KERSPLAT! wrote: »
    Would rather Navas and 20-30m than DDG for 10 months and diddly squat after that
    Suppose, but money really isn't an issue for United so if he comes back into the team and saves us points this season, it would lessen the financial hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    How is this bad for United? We had all accepted as the Summer went on that he'd either stay and leave on a free next Summer or be sold. Obviously the way it went down was a bit of a farce but I think Madrid come out worse than United here. They had all Summer to make their move and farted around all Summer, now they have to wait another year to get their man. Added bonus for us if he's re-integrated into the team, and we now have a year to find a replacement. I'm not too downbeat about it at all, rather our lack of options up front!

Madrid have a decent keeper. United have a world class keeper but he doesn't want to play for them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

rarnes1 wrote: »

Gangsters!

Di Maria - a club can always say "no, that's too much"

Ramos - United didn't formally make an offer, so it didn't matter a fig what Ramos did or who he did it with

De Gea - I think this was a general, all-round clusterf*ck - like two boys in a playground, childish nonsense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Hopefully Rafa will outline the 'facts' of this situation in his next press conference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

You have to wonder did man utd do it on propose to say to Madrid , you left us with an unsettled player so we are going to do the same back to you and see how you feel about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Can loan deals still be done after 6pm this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

You have to wonder did man utd do it on propose to say to Madrid , you left us with an unsettled player so we are going to do the same back to you and see how you feel about it.

Keylor Navas? He barely wanted to go to United anyway, I think the only reason he even considered it was because United were offering double his wages and he'd be on the bench if De Gea signed. Probably a weight off his shoulders.

Can loan deals still be done after 6pm this evening?

No, only emergency loans afaik.

Lukker- wrote: »
    Keylor Navas? He barely wanted to go to United anyway, I think the only reason he even considered it was because United were offering double his wages and he'd be on the bench if De Gea signed. Probably a weight off his shoulders.

To me it was just a thought because if you have player in a dressing room that's unhappy it can cause friction .

Personally I think the whole De Gea fiasco hurts United more then Real. United are stuck with an unhappy keeper and I wouldn't be surprised to see him in the stands until January.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

De Gea seems like a honest professional and not the type to throw a hissy fit. He will gain united a fair few points this season which could make the difference in qualifying for the champions league. Worth it to it take the hit on the transfer fee. Also, with the euros this summer he will be keen to cement his place as Spain's number 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

To me it was just a thought because if you have player in a dressing room that's unhappy it can cause friction .

Yep, United are finding it hard enough to attract players as it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Ah lads...

Henry and Redknapp on SSN for the last hour of the window..

Jaysus.....

Personally I don't think De Gea was the problem at United, it was Van Gaal. I don't see Van Gaal bringing him back.

ONE HOUR TO GO and nothing is happening!

• Advertisement

Talking about what shirt number marital is gonna take now.. Give me strength...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Have to say united have behaved like amateurs in the latter stages of this this window considering how good they went about the start of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

ricero wrote: »
    Have to say united have behaved like amateurs in the latte stages of this this window considering how good they went about the start of it.

They weren't that great at the start despite getting some signings in. They wasted way too much time on Ramos and now don't have a decent center half coming in. Blind or Jones....:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

We need some purple dildo action to really get this last hour going

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

To where? He'll be CL Cup tied. So if he goes to Real and starts playing league games, that will piss off whatever other keeper has been playing games up until then.

Amazing strategy, almost as good as not sending documents.

All of the top 3 in Spain have done exactly that for the past couple of years - rotated keepers in the league and Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ah Saido.
    Saido Berahino
    Sad how i cant say exactly how the club has treated me but i can officially say i will never play Jeremy Peace.
    https://twitter.com/SBerahino

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Berahino could land himself in trouble with his latest tweet.
    Sad how i cant say exactly how the club has treated me but i can officially say i will never play Jeremy Peace.

Jeremy Peace being the WBA chairman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

3 of us at the same lads. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭JPA

That_Guy wrote: »
    3 of us at the same lads. :pac:

Mine is nicest. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Hahaha what a gobsh!te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Is there a comma missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Delighted that this Deadline Day annual bollix has peetered out into nothing - f*ck Sky Sports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Delighted that this Deadline Day annual bollix has peetered out into nothing - f*ck Sky Sports

Same thank ****. Is there a bigger wanker at sky than Jim white ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Arsenal and United wont challenge City or Chelsea for the league, not a chance.
    Missed window of opportunity for both clubs to solidify the Top 4 also.

As a Liverpool fan I'm happy, happy with our business and the lack of cutting edge our direct rivals have signed.

• Advertisement

I wonder how hayley mcqueen likes her eggs in the morning??

I wonder how hayley mcqueen likes her eggs in the morning??

Em fertilized ?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Martial with the I'm delighted to have signed for the biggest club in the world line. This seems to be the common line for new signings to say at utd. I think this seems to be Woodwards problem he is thinking because of all the money utd have they can attract all the very best players but is wasting his time window after window going after a lot of unattainable players. Utd are a huge attraction but are a tier down from barca and real.

Not a single bid made for Charlie Austin according to the QPR manager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

rob316 wrote: »
    Arsenal and United wont challenge City or Chelsea for the league, not a chance.
    Missed window of opportunity for both clubs to solidify the Top 4 also.

As a Liverpool fan I'm happy, happy with our business and the lack of cutting edge our direct rivals have signed.

Honestly think chelsea have no chace to challenge city either. Think its going to be a long season for for all the teams you mentioned except for city.

• Advertisement
Advertisement