Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2015 Transfer Window General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Happy enough with Newcastle's transfer window. Obviously another defender and another striker would have been nice but there's the making of a solid competitive looking squad there now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I like transfer deadline day, of course it has become overblown with Sky's antics but it's a unique day. A lot of people who criticise it seem to have quite an interest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Martial with the I'm delighted to have signed for the biggest club in the world line. This seems to be the common line for new signings to say at utd. I think this seems to be Woodwards problem he is thinking because of all the money utd have they can attract all the very best players but is wasting his time window after window going after a lot of unattainable players. Utd are a huge attraction but are a tier down from barca and real.

I'm pretty sure press officers write those statements. Like when Joe Cole joined Liverpool a few years ago and they ran the same headline, biggest club in the world etc. Yet when he left he said it was pretty much fabricated. United and Liverpool especially seem to have inferiority complexes when it comes to who's bigger.

Not a single bid made for Charlie Austin according to the QPR manager.

Today possibly. I'm sure there were some bids throughout the rest of the window. Would find it hard to believe that there wouldn't have been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭rwbug

sky88 wrote: »
    Honestly think chelsea have no chace to challenge city either. Think its going to be a long season for for all the teams you mentioned except for city.

As a City fan I hope you are right, but only 4/5 months ago we were on a run of 4 wins in 15 games. Anything can happen yet.

Corholio wrote: »
    I like transfer deadline day, of course it has become overblown with Sky's antics but it's a unique day. A lot of people who criticise it seem to have quite an interest in it.

It's a bit of a circus really. Well, on Sky's end anyway as you say. It probably would have been far more interesting if other European leagues had their windows open today.

Do like BBC's coverage though. No BS about them or a vomit ridden studio that kills the eyes. :pac:

Neil Warnock on Berahino.
    .... the thought of those two guys, Jeremy Peace and Daniel Levy, discussing a deal, makes me smile. It would be like extracting fingernails. They're the two most difficult chairman around when it comes to negotiating deals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Martial with the I'm delighted to have signed for the biggest club in the world line. This seems to be the common line for new signings to say at utd. I think this seems to be Woodwards problem he is thinking because of all the money utd have they can attract all the very best players but is wasting his time window after window going after a lot of unattainable players. Utd are a huge attraction but are a tier down from barca and real.

Every big club gets a new signing to trot out that line. Liverpool always do it.

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    How is this bad for United? We had all accepted as the Summer went on that he'd either stay and leave on a free next Summer or be sold. Obviously the way it went down was a bit of a farce but I think Madrid come out worse than United here. They had all Summer to make their move and farted around all Summer, now they have to wait another year to get their man. Added bonus for us if he's re-integrated into the team, and we now have a year to find a replacement. I'm not too downbeat about it at all, rather our lack of options up front!

It's bad for Utd in the sense he now leaves for free.

It wouldn't be outlandish to suggest he would have commanded near 50m if he had 2 or 3 years left on his contract. Letting his current contract run down was the biggest mistake Utd made.

Also, now they are left with a player u til Christmas at least that probably doesn't want to be there. Not to mention missing out on his replacement.

I'd say heads will roll over this clusterfcuk

Find it bizarre that you can be given a 2 hour extension with the relevant paperwork.

It's not like clubs haven't had a full 2 months (longer) to get deals done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

sky88 wrote: »
    Honestly think chelsea have no chace to challenge city either. Think its going to be a long season for for all the teams you mentioned except for city.

They are PL champions with a very good squad, City will hit a brick wall eventually and Chelsea will be there or there abouts. A squad consisting of Costa, Hazard, Pedro, Fabregas, Matic and Terry is too good not to, Mourinho does need to get his head together quick though before Roman gets itchy fingers.

Michael Hector from Reading gone to Chelsea... But he goes back to them on loan... like the other 31 players they have out on loan.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

rob316 wrote: »
    Every big club gets a new signing to trot out that line. Liverpool always do it.

That's even more laughable if Liverpool do it. Can't say I recall it being said although another poster said Joe Cole said it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

So will Berahino now sit on his todger until January?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Henry is gonna ring Martial and meet up...

Sweet jaysus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Club by club guide, I may have missed one or two more obscure names.

Arsenal

J. Reine-Adelaide € 2.5M
    V. Dragomir € 100K
    P. Čech € 15M

Aston Villa

Adama Traoré N/A
    J. Veretout N/A
    R. Gestede € 8M
    José Crespo N/A
    J. Ayew € 12M
    J. Amavi € 11M
    I. Gueye N/A
    M. Bunn Free
    S. Sinclair € 3.5M
    M. Richards Free

Chelsea

Djilobodji € 5.5M
    Hector € 5.5M
    Kenedy € 8.6M
    Pedro € 30M
    A. Baba € 20M
    D. Pantić Free
    A. Begović N/A
    R. Falcao Loan
    Nathan € 6.2M

Crystal Palace

B. Sako Free
    C. Wickham € 10M
    A. McCarthy N/A
    P. Bamford Loan
    Y. Cabaye € 15M
    M. Chambers N/A

Everton

Ramiro Funes Mori € 13M
    L. Rodríguez € 500K
    M. Holgate N/A
    Francisco Junior N/A
    D. Henen N/A
    Deulofeu € 6M
    T. Cleverley Free

Leicester City

N. Dyer loan
    G. İnler € 7M
    N. Kanté €8M
    Y. Benalouane N/A
    C. Fuchs Free
    S. Okazaki 11M
    R. Huth € 4.2M

Liverpool

C. Benteke € 46.5M
    J. Milner Free
    J. Gomez N/A
    D. Ings Free
    Roberto Firmino € 41M
    N. Clyne € 17.5M
    A. Bogdán Free

Manchester City

K. De Bruyne € 75M
    N. Otamendi € 48M
    P. Roberts N/A
    F. Delph € 11.5M
    R. Sterling € 60M
    E. Ünal € 2M
    Rony Lopes N/A

Manchester United

S. Romero Free
    M. Schneiderlin € 35M
    B. Schweinsteiger € 18M
    M. Darmian € 18M
    M. Depay € 27.5M

Newcastle United

F. Thauvin € 18.4M
    . Mbemba € 10M
    A. Mitrović € 21M
    G. Wijnaldum € 20M

Norwich City

D. Mbokani Loan
    J. Kean Free
    A. Wisdom Loan
    R. Brady € 9.9M
    G. Dorrans N/A
    Y. Mulumbu Free

Southampton

Transfers in (€40.5M)
    V. van Dijk € 15M
    S. Caulker Loan
    J. Clasie € 12M
    R. Martina € 1.5M
    Cédric Soares € 5M
    Juanmi € 7M
    M. Stekelenburg Loan

Stoke

X. Shaqiri € 16.8M
    Sergio Molina N/A
    I. Afellay Free
    Moha El Ouriachi Free
    G. Johnson Free
    M. van Ginkel Loan
    S. Given Free
    J. Haugaard N/A
    P. Wollscheid € 3.8M
    Joselu € 8M

Sunderland

F. Borini € 10M
    O. Toivonen Loan
    Y. M'Vila Loan
    Y. Kaboul € 6M
    J. Lens € 12M
    A. Matthews € 3M
    S. Vergini N/A
    S. Coates € 2.8M
    C. Mavrias N/A

Swansea City

Éder € 7M
    K. Nordfeldt N/A
    F. Tabanou N/A
    A. Ayew Free

Spurs

Heung-Min Son € 25M
    C. N'Jie € 14.1M
    T. Alderweireld € 16M
    K. Wimmer € 7M
    K.Trippier € 4.9M
    M. Veljkovic N/A
    D. Alli N/A

Watford

A. Diamanti Loan
    Aké Loan
    S. Berghuis € 6.5M
    M. Britos N/A
    Jurado N/A
    A. Nyom N/A
    V. Behrami € 4.5M
    E. Capoue N/A
    J. Holebas 2.5M
    C. Battocchio N/A
    G. Arlauskis Free
    S. Prödl Free
    Ibarbo loan

West Brom

A. Lindegaard Man Utd Free
    J. Evans Man Utd € 8.3M
    S. Rondón Zenit € 17M
    S. Gnabry Arsenal Loan
    R. Lambert Liverpool N/A
    J. Chester Hull € 11.3M
    J. McClean Wigan € 2.1M
    G. Samaras Hilal N/A

West Ham United

R. Burke Bradford N/A
    M. Makasi Chelmsford N/A
    M. Antonio Nottm Forest € 9.5M
    V. Moses Chelsea Loan
    N. Jelavić Hull N/A
    A. Song Barcelona Loan
    M. Lanzini Jazira Loan
    C. Jenkinson Arsenal Loan
    A. Ogbonna Juventus € 11.5M
    M. Samuelsen Man City N/A
    S. Hendrie Hamilton N/A
    Pedro Obiang Sampdoria € 6M
    D. Randolph Birmingham Free
    D. Payet Marseille € 12M

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ibarbo on loan to Watford is missing off that list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Is that a real person - with Watford its hard to know! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

What a boring deadline day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Is that a real person - with Watford its hard to know! :p

FIFA legend because he's pace pace pace. My 12 year old before texted me to tell me about this transfer.

Bret Hart wrote: »
    What a boring deadline day.

I dunno. The whole password-gate cluster **** was fairly entertaining.

Berinhio story also hilarious

Bradley Johnson to Derby as well, permanent deal. Bit surprising that.

Girona FC oficial @GironaFC
    Rubén Sobrino formarà part de la plantilla del Girona. Arriba cedit pel Manchester City. http://goo.gl/2edPVd

Man City buying, then giving away a player in Spain, I guess in the hope of building a Spanish B-team. They also loaned young Nigerian Nwakali to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭jpboard1

Looking like a good window for City. Brought in some very good players and look very strong now.

Pretty poor window for United. They really need to get a top class striker as a statement of intent as much as anything else. Can't believe they haven't(the young fella from Monaco doesn't count). Considering they have champions league, they should have been able to attract top players. Don't if the issue is that Van Gaal is scaring people off or the owners won't give him money.

Chelsea badly need a replacement for terry. That being said, I think their form might have more to do with motivation than anything else.

Will be interested to see how this lad son fits in for Spurs.

Liverpool look to have signed a load of average players again. They missed their chance to go all out when they had champions league .

Glad that Southampton didn't haemorrhage any more players.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I dunno. The whole password-gate cluster **** was fairly entertaining.

Berinhio story also hilarious

What an idiot, cannot believe he choose Twitter to vent his frustration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So did utd get the Neymar and Bale deals through in time?

So did utd get the Neymar and Bale deals through in time?

No,but we didn't want them anyway. 20 times.

Talk of english clubs losing the fourth champions league spot unless they have a good season. That would be a disaster for the league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

jpboard1 wrote: »
    Talk of english clubs losing the fourth champions league spot unless they have a good season. That would be a disaster for the league.

Considering the fact that points won have to be divided by clubs who originally started the tournaments, it will be hard enough to make it a good season.
    WHU and Southampton already gone, still do count.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

2hr extension given to Villa/Liverpool to sort out the season long loan with option to buy of Portuguese CB Illori

• Advertisement

2hr extension given to Villa/Liverpool to sort out the season long loan with option to buy of Portuguese CB Illori

How could this not have been sorted sooner. He is hardly a player in huge demand...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

How could this not have been sorted sooner. He is hardly a player in huge demand...

actually afaik he turned down Sunderland in the past 24hrs

Oh, okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

The loan could have been agreed the paperwork done but then villa might have said nah we want the permanent option attached as well in case he is a very good player for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Will they try buy it back if the lose it? :o
    Nearly £900m spent again this summer.

It's a 2 hour extension for everyone who had the Transfer Intent form, or whatever they call it, handed in.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Will they try buy it back if the lose it? :o
    Nearly £900m spent again this summer.

No - the problem is the English teams attitude to the UEFA Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Nathan Dyer is gone on loan to Leicester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

rwbug wrote: »

The premier league teams have also had a fairly miserable time in the champions league lately as well.
    Chelsea are the last time an English team won the uefa cup because they did put in an effort to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Looking like a good window for City. Brought in some very good players and look very strong now.

Pretty poor window for United. They really need to get a top class striker as a statement of intent as much as anything else. Can't believe they haven't(the young fella from Monaco doesn't count). Considering they have champions league, they should have been able to attract top players. Don't if the issue is that Van Gaal is scaring people off or the owners won't give him money.

Chelsea badly need a replacement for terry. That being said, I think their form might have more to do with motivation than anything else.

Will be interested to see how this lad son fits in for Spurs.

Liverpool look to have signed a load of average players again. They missed their chance to go all out when they had champions league .

Glad that Southampton didn't haemorrhage any more players.

Think Utd didn't sign a top striker for the same reason Arsenal didn't, the same reason Chelsea signed Falcao. There weren't any around who were gettable.

• Advertisement

Think Utd didn't sign a top striker for the same reason Arsenal didn't, the same reason Chelsea signed Falcao. There weren't any around who were gettable.

But we are told by everyone from fans to Scholes that if utd want a player they will get that player.

So they must not have wanted a striker.

Europa League.
    Winning it is a guaranteed CL group stage spot out of it is as good as finishing 2nd & 3rd.

Bacca, Jackson Martinez, Mandzukic were available. Even Higuain & Zlatan were both probably gettable for the right money.

Dybala too - for the €32m Juve paid he could have added much needed pace and creativity to United

Yes, it seems they can't attract the big names any more. Chelsea are not too bad but the others can't seem to compete.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Guy must have some sense then

Next summers transfer window is going to be nuts when the new tv money kicks in if clubs are will to pay £36m for a teenage player with one full season under his belt what will a player cost this time next year.

I think United will spend huge next summer - extra money coming in, wage bill massively reduced and probably a disappointing season in 2015/16 will make them go big.

I think United will spend huge next summer - extra money coming in, wage bill massively reduced and probably a disappointing season in 2015/16 will make them go big.

Who will go to them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Money talks

Advertisement