Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2015 Transfer Window General Discussion

1535455565759»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Suspect the new deal is a compromise between club and player; De Gea wants to play and the club won't want to lose him for nothing, but I reckon he'll be off next summer for an already agreed fee. The timing of his 'change of heart' suggests that De Gea hasn't really changed his mind about moving on.

You're possibly right but there is an alternative view that the relationship between Mendes and Madrid is badly damaged and that is what has led to a new contract at United.

I don't see Madrid being best pleased having to pay ~€50m for a player they could have gotten for free in a year if he had ran his contract down. The idea that de Gea had to sign a new deal to get back into the team was dismissed by United too, so I don't think there was massive pressure on him to sign on. It's all a bit up in the air, very difficult to predict where he'll be playing his football this time next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ddg had 1 yr left on his deal reportedly 35k a week. No brainer for him to sign a lucrative contract and set himself up for life. A bad injury this season and contract about to run out could've backfired big time on him. Whether he will see out the contract is another thing. However it puts utd in a much better position than they were in as they get him this year and will get a big fee for him if Madrid want him next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    United offered similar deal which he didn't sign and he signed deal with Madrid already but the fee was the hick up and reason for transfer failure.

I even read that the deal United offered was so lucrative it would have given him backdated pay on the new terms from last September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

:eek: Fair play United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Ddg had 1 yr left on his deal reportedly 35k a week. No brainer for him to sign a lucrative contract and set himself up for life. A bad injury this season and contract about to run out could've backfired big time on him. Whether he will see out the contract is another thing. However it puts utd in a much better position than they were in as they get him this year and will get a big fee for him if Madrid want him next year.

He might have had a little chat with Valdes indeed....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Suspect the new deal is a compromise between club and player; De Gea wants to play and the club won't want to lose him for nothing, but I reckon he'll be off next summer for an already agreed fee. The timing of his 'change of heart' suggests that De Gea hasn't really changed his mind about moving on.
    I think this is the only logical conclusion you can make from this situation from the outside looking in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,655 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I think this is the only logical conclusion you can make from this situation from the outside looking in.

Or we can all acknowledge that we don't really have a clue what has gone on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

glued wrote: »
    De Gea won't be joining Real Madrid as long as Mendes is his agent and Perez is president. Mendes lost out on a couple of million over the deal all thanks to Real Madrid's inability to complete the transfer. Total incompetence from Real Madrid and I'm delighted for Perez.
    Even if Mendes and Perez can reconcile
    There's no basis for this at all. Mendes will get his money anyway and he's not short of a few pound. Given his profession I'm sure he goes out of his way to make sure he has a good relationship with Perez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

There's no basis for this at all. Mendes will get his money anyway and he's not short of a few pound. Given his profession I'm sure he goes out of his way to make sure he has a good relationship with Perez.

What do you mean there is 'no basis'? There are numerous reports in Spain that the relationship between Mendes and Perez has soured over this deal.

• Advertisement

• Because he wants to leave, he wants to go to Madrid and Real know it.

The absolute best united can hope for is that LVG is pig headed enough to not play him in the CL so he's not cup tied or Real decide to be generous and pay a small fee in January to play him in La Liga while playing Navas in Europe like they did with Lopez and Casillas.

If he decides to tough out the rest of his United contract he will be able to ask for absolutely insane wages, a hefty signing bonus and lots of nice extras thanks to the fact that Real won't have to pay a fee for him. It's win win for him and Real right now.

Real are in a pretty nice position, their current 'keeper is pretty bloody good, they don't really need to replace him, he's probably still one of the top 2 'keepers in La Liga.

United are sitting with a busted flush and no way of buying back in.

Heads should roll in Old Trafford for this.

And you, this had to be done :pac::pac:

and for all the little thanks you got off you pool buddies it makes it even more sweet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭Sand

M!Ck^ wrote: »

You're settling all the scores :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

and for all the little thanks you got off you pool buddies it makes it even more sweet

Really? I hope you realise you're setting yourself up for a roasting when De Gea inevitably starts the saga again next summer when Real come calling again.

• Really? I hope you realise you're setting yourself up for a roasting when De Gea inevitably starts the saga again next summer when Real come calling again.

Maybe you should read my posts about De Gea for once

I have consistently said all along that he will sign a new deal, Utd will get one more year out of him and make millions when Madrid come calling

Have a look through the Utd thread if it bothers you that much

But don't be a sour grape when the pool fans get called out on there bull****e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,718 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Really? I hope you realise you're setting yourself up for a roasting when De Gea inevitably starts the saga again next summer when Real come calling again.

He's not saying De Gea will never leave the club. He's just saying they were very sure and very wrong.

For what its worth, I'm not entirely sure Real will come calling again. Real is a political club, and Navas seems to have the political backing from the fans. If De Gea was free, they would take him, but there is definitely some reluctance on the part of Real to actually pay money to sign De Gea. There seems to have been some change in the relationship between De Gea and the Real hierarchy. Christ, his girlfriend is supporting United now apparently.

Maybe you should read my posts about De Gea for once

I have consistently said all along that he will sign a new deal, Utd will get one more year out of him and make millions when Madrid come calling

Have a look through the Utd thread if it bothers you that much

But don't be a sour grape when the pool fans get called out on there bull****e
    Sand wrote: »
    He's not saying De Gea will never leave the club. He's just saying they were very sure and very wrong.

For what its worth, I'm not entirely sure Real will come calling again. Real is a political club, and Navas seems to have the political backing from the fans. If De Gea was free, they would take him, but there is definitely some reluctance on the part of Real to actually pay money to sign De Gea. There seems to have been some change in the relationship between De Gea and the Real hierarchy. Christ, his girlfriend is supporting United now apparently.

Fair enough, I just don't see the point of chasing after people to prove a point, although that's something the typical clowns on this forum tend to do just to fill their egos for the day.

You can claim 'sour grapes' or 'bitter lemons' all day, but going after Liverpool fans and dragging up posts from a week ago just to gloat is quite sad imo.

• Advertisement

• Fair enough, I just don't see the point of chasing after people to prove a point, although that's something the typical clowns on this forum tend to do just to fill their egos for the day.

You can claim 'sour grapes' or 'bitter lemons' all day, but going after Liverpool fans and dragging up posts from a week ago just to gloat is quite sad imo.

So it's OK to talk absolute waffle and then get called out on it a few days later when I knew they were wrong? :D:pac:

Awww poor baby I hurt somebodys feelings

Don't bother posting ****e unless your well able to take your medicine when it's puked out the other end

Is it so upsetting that I didn't respond to the post then? I knew he was wrong and I just waited for the correct moment

It's a forum where people post when they want, it's not a live blog.

Get over it :cool:

So it's OK to talk absolute waffle and then get called out on it a few days later when I knew they were wrong? :D:pac:

Awww poor baby I hurt somebodys feelings

Don't bother posting ****e unless your well able to take your medicine when it's puked out the other end

Is it so upsetting that I didn't respond to the post then? I knew he was wrong and I just waited for the correct moment

It's a forum where people post when they want, it's not a live blog.

Get over it :cool:

You could've posted it yesterday when it became official or even the day before when it was pretty clear he was going to sign a new deal, but you being you had to wait until after the Liverpool to call someone out. I gather you wouldn't have made that post if United hadn't won today.

And my feelings aren't at all hurt. I didn't make that post nor did I agree with it. I just think calling someone out like that is something reserved for complete idiots.

• You could've posted it yesterday when it became official or even the day before when it was pretty clear he was going to sign a new deal, but you being you had to wait until after the Liverpool to call someone out. I gather you wouldn't have made that post if United hadn't won today.

And my feelings aren't at all hurt. I didn't make that post nor did I agree with it. I just think calling someone out like that is something reserved for complete idiots.

'Quote You'
    "OMG Liveproool lost today I bet ya M!Ck^ is going to post something about De Gea in the summer transfer thread!?"

:D:pac:

Paranoia will destroy ya

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I wouldn't mind only I'm not even a liverpool fan, where the feck did that come from?

De Gea will still join Real next summer either way. LVG and the UTD hierarchy get to save face in the meantime and De Gea gets the security of knowing that even if he snaps his back between now and next June he's got a long contract to see him through injuries.

• I wouldn't mind only I'm not even a liverpool fan, where the feck did that come from?

De Gea will still join Real next summer either way. LVG and the UTD hierarchy get to save face in the meantime and De Gea gets the security of knowing that even if he snaps his back between now and next June he's got a long contract to see him through injuries.

OK your not pool fan, but you still posted this....

Originally Posted by Subcomandante Marcos viewpost.gif
    Because he wants to leave, he wants to go to Madrid and Real know it.

The absolute best united can hope for is that LVG is pig headed enough to not play him in the CL so he's not cup tied or Real decide to be generous and pay a small fee in January to play him in La Liga while playing Navas in Europe like they did with Lopez and Casillas.

If he decides to tough out the rest of his United contract he will be able to ask for absolutely insane wages, a hefty signing bonus and lots of nice extras thanks to the fact that Real won't have to pay a fee for him. It's win win for him and Real right now.

Real are in a pretty nice position, their current 'keeper is pretty bloody good, they don't really need to replace him, he's probably still one of the top 2 'keepers in La Liga.

United are sitting with a busted flush and no way of buying back in.

Heads should roll in Old Trafford for this.

You have been wrong in everything you said look above...is that you who posted yes??

Utd are going to get a massive fee if Madrid do come for him in the summer as I have said already but it seems too hard for some people to except so now you are moving the goalposts of your argument to state that he is using UTD solely for the basis of him getting paid if he gets injured???

Bwahaha you make me laugh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

I'm guessing you came home from the pub drunk and had a fury **** while crying salty tears of "f*ck you, ya big spa" reading my post.

Time for bed Michael.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

ASOT wrote: »
    Chris Forrester signs for Peterbrough from pats, quality player hope he does well over there!

Not transfer news but he's now been named captain for the upcoming season, absolutely delighted for him.

Advertisement