Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ability to "favourite" or custom-tag individual posts

Options
  • 18-05-2015 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Every now and again in the midst of a discussion, I'll recall a post I made or a post someone else made that had a good argument in it or a pile of facts and statistics.

Actually going back and finding that post is usually painful, sometimes impossible.

What this feature would allow you to do is effectively bookmark good posts so that you can more easily find them later. For bonus points, if you could add your own custom tags (visible only to you), then it would make it easier to categorise and search on your favourited posts.

How people use this of course would differ. Someone on "Motors" might favourite posts that contain car maintenance tips. Someone else might favourite a Bargain Alert, or a particularly good piece of Fitness advice.

How this differs from subscribed or followed threads is that it's not a subscription or a follow. Big threads may have thousands of posts in them, so even if you do follow a thread for a particularly good post, knowing which thread that post lives in and where it is, can be just as difficult as just googling it.

"Thanking" isn't really the same thing either. I can view the posts I have thanked, but very few of them actually contain information I'd use later on, and there's no ability to search within.

Comments

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement