Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

infraction

Options
  • 18-05-2015 10:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

i received an infraction from Nody.
    Not sure why, but this mod seems to be stalking me on boards.
    I received an infraction from him, i appealed up to admin, he seems to be taking it very personally.
    The problem is how do i stay on boards if Nody the mod is keen to give me infractions and there is no way to appeal Nodys decisions.

The first infraction was upheld even though I had a private message clearing me of the infraction.

I would like to appeal this decision and make a complaint against the mod
    Nody.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Hi QuinDixie - as per the rules of the DRP process, have you discussed this second infraction with the moderator?

If so, can you please forward me the relevant PMs?

To be 100% clear, this DRP process investigates if your infraction was warranted. It does not have any broader scope, such as looking into allegations of bias by a moderator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭QuinDixie

dudara wrote: »
    Hi QuinDixie - as per the rules of the DRP process, have you discussed this second infraction with the moderator?

If so, can you please forward me the relevant PMs?

To be 100% clear, this DRP process investigates if your infraction was warranted. It does not have any broader scope, such as looking into allegations of bias by a moderator.[/QUOTE

I have forwarded the message,

On a side note, How do i complain about a mod, and I do not mean to another mod who wont take any action.
    I mean how do I complain about mrs obummbles for her pm to me which is nothing short of a disgrace.

If you have an issue with a moderator, then you should attempt to resolve the issue directly with the moderator. If that fails, you can reach out to the relevant CMod.

Now in relation to your recent infraction. You were carded for backseat moderation which, having read your post, I 100% agree with. This is in clear violation of Boards.ie rules and therefore, I uphold the infraction.

It's clear that you still need to adjust your posting style to the standard required. I urge you to read the Work & Jobs charter and understand what is allowed and what is not. Otherwise you may well be facing a ban next time.

Let me also be very clear to you. No moderator is "stalking" you. You posted in violation of Boards rules and you got reprimanded. The problem now though, is that your reputation will start to precede you in other forums. So once again, take the time to learn what is acceptable and what is not.

If you wish to appeal this decision, please let me know and I will request an Admin review. Otherwise, we can mark it resolved.

If you have an issue with a moderator, then you should attempt to resolve the issue directly with the moderator. If that fails, you can reach out to the relevant CMod.

Now in relation to your recent infraction. You were carded for backseat moderation which, having read your post, I 100% agree with. This is in clear violation of Boards.ie rules and therefore, I uphold the infraction.

It's clear that you still need to adjust your posting style to the standard required. I urge you to read the Work & Jobs charter and understand what is allowed and what is not. Otherwise you may well be facing a ban next time.

Let me also be very clear to you. No moderator is "stalking" you. You posted in violation of Boards rules and you got reprimanded. The problem now though, is that your reputation will start to precede you in other forums. So once again, take the time to learn what is acceptable and what is not.

If you wish to appeal this decision, please let me know and I will request an Admin review. Otherwise, we can mark it resolved.

wow, what a surprise. so you can post what you want as long as the mod agrees with you.
    I am reaching out to you as a CMod, I wish to complain about Mrs OBummbles. You have read her pm to me, I want you to take action.
    I want to see your impartiality.

With regard to the DRP, do you accept the infraction or do you wish have an admin review?

And let me be brutally clear here, because you are not understanding. It is not a case of "you can post what you want so long as the mod agrees with you". It is a case of you can post what you want as long as you adhere to the rules of Boards, which were accepted by you when you signed up to this site, and are supplemented by the forum charters.

I will contact you via PM for your other complaint.

• Advertisement

With regard to the DRP, do you accept the infraction or do you wish have an admin review?

And let me be brutally clear here, because you are not understanding. It is not a case of "you can post what you want so long as the mod agrees with you". It is a case of you can post what you want as long as you adhere to the rules of Boards, which were accepted by you when you signed up to this site, and are supplemented by the forum charters.

I will contact you via PM for your other complaint.

Let me brutally clear with you, a mod used her personal feelings to give me a warning, a warning which led to this current situation.

I have to accept infraction, but i do so under protest.

Thread close requested.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement