Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is my bill so high?

Options
  • 18-05-2015 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭

Last bills was over 220 euro. That was when I had storage heating on and 2 living in the house. I'm now living alone with no storage heating on and I just got my bill for 230euro????

I can't pay it. Was it estimated? If so can I give my reading and get the proper bill sent out please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi rottie 11,

Thanks for your post.
    rottie 11 wrote:
    Was it estimated? If so can I give my reading and get the proper bill sent out please?

You can see whether your bill was estimated or read in the 'Reading Type' section on the front of your bill. If either this bill or the previous bill was based on estimated readings, the amount shown on this bill may not be reflective of your usage throughout the latest billing period.

You can submit an updated meter reading on our website here, or send it to us here on Boards by private message if you prefer and we can amend the bill accordingly.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Hi rottie 11,

Thanks for your post.

You can see whether your bill was estimated or read in the 'Reading Type' section on the front of your bill. If either this bill or the previous bill was based on estimated readings, the amount shown on this bill may not be reflective of your usage throughout the latest billing period.

You can submit an updated meter reading on our website [url="https://www.electricireland.ie/ei/residential/manage-your-account/adjust-a-reading.jsp"]here[/url], or send it to us here on Boards by private message if you prefer and we can amend the bill accordingly.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Thanks David looking at my bill now it was estimated so I will pm you the reading and my account number is it ? And will a new bill be sent out then?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi rottie 11,

If you send us a private message (you can use this link) with the below details, we can amend the bill for you. This would replace the current bill and an updated bill would be sent out to you (or emailed if you are signed up to online billing). We can also confirm the updated amount for you by PM.
    • Confirmation that you are the account holder
    • Your full name and address
    • Your account number
    • Your contact number or date of birth

Thanks,
    David

• Registered Users Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭rottie 11

Hi rottie 11,

If you send us a private message (you can use this link) with the below details, we can amend the bill for you. This would replace the current bill and an updated bill would be sent out to you (or emailed if you are signed up to online billing). We can also confirm the updated amount for you by PM.
    • Confirmation that you are the account holder
    • Your full name and address
    • Your account number
    • Your contact number or date of birth

Thanks,
    David

pm sent

Advertisement