Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compensation

Options
  • 18-05-2015 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Hi

A lot of people are saying a lot of different things about this and i just wanted a bit of clarity on the matter of compensating on modules failed by 35% or less. Is it true that you can compensate two modules, one from your first semester and another from your second? Twill save countless amounts of wet britches due to nerves.

Muchas gracias

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Hi

A lot of people are saying a lot of different things about this and i just wanted a bit of clarity on the matter of compensating on modules failed by 35% or less. Is it true that you can compensate two modules, one from your first semester and another from your second? Twill save countless amounts of wet britches due to nerves.

Muchas gracias

Probably much too late for your needs but for anyone in the future with a similar query:
    You may compensate one module per year down to 35%, but for each percent you compensate you need double the percent in another subject.
    For example:
    I got 36% in Maths, I got 42% in Programming. In that case I could not compensate the Maths because I would not have double the percent I need to compensate in Programming. If I had got 48% in programming then I could compensate and the two would work out at 40 for both, if that makes sense.
    Also if you were then to fail a module in the next semester(ie Semester 2 of a year), then you would have to repeat both modules, to my knowledge anyway.
    And if you fail more than 1 module in the repeat then you must repeat those modules before you progress to the next year, ie you will be kept back a year but just to do those failed modules.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

Advertisement