Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is my overall mark so far?

Options
  • 18-05-2015 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

Got a result back from one of my modules and I just need help calculating our the results so here it goes.

We had a class test which was worth 30% my grade was 21% we also had a presentation which was worth 30% I got 50% in that. The teacher hasn't corrected the last part which was a journal report worth 40%.

Can anyone work out what my result is so far?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1m1tless

21.3% so you need to get 47% in your journal to bring you up to an overall 40%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

By my crude reckoning you're on 21% of 60 so far. You need to get at least 50% in you're journal to get a passing 40% overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,984 ✭✭✭dodzy

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »
    Got a result back from one of my modules and I just need help calculating our the results so here it goes.

We had a class test which was worth 30% my grade was 21% we also had a presentation which was worth 30% I got 50% in that. The teacher hasn't corrected the last part which was a journal report worth 40%.

Can anyone work out what my result is so far?

30*21% = 6.3%
    30*50% = 15%

Total without the final mark = 21% ?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭OkeyDoke12

Cheers,

I need help with another result this time an ICT result it is 100% CA year long module.

In the first semester Sep - Dec which was worth a total of 50% I got 72% in web design ( weight20%) which contributed 14.4 % to the final mark I also got 6% in databases ( weight 15% ) which contributed 0.9 % to the final mark I got 92% in theory ( 10%) which contributed 9.2 to the final mark and I also got 77.1% in participation ( 5%) which contributed 3.9 to the final mark that adds up to 28.2 %.

So far in the second semester I got 10% in sage ( Weight20%) which contributed to a final mark of 2% I got 0% in a sage written exam (Weight 10%) I have one final exam this Thursday which is worth the remIning 20%. By my reckoning which could be wrong I have a total of 30.4% which means I need 9.6 % in my final exam to pass? Is this correct?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

OkeyDoke12 wrote: »
    Cheers,

I need help with another result this time an ICT result it is 100% CA year long module.

In the first semester Sep - Dec which was worth a total of 50% I got 72% in web design ( weight20%) which contributed 14.4 % to the final mark I also got 6% in databases ( weight 15% ) which contributed 0.9 % to the final mark I got 92% in theory ( 10%) which contributed 9.2 to the final mark and I also got 77.1% in participation ( 5%) which contributed 3.9 to the final mark that adds up to 28.2 %.

So far in the second semester I got 10% in sage ( Weight20%) which contributed to a final mark of 2% I got 0% in a sage written exam (Weight 10%) I have one final exam this Thursday which is worth the remIning 20%. By my reckoning which could be wrong I have a total of 30.4% which means I need 9.6 % in my final exam to pass? Is this correct?

You need just over 9.6% out of the 20% weight given to that exam i.e. you need to more than 48% in that exam.

Moved to Third Level as this has no relevance to the Leaving Cert.

• Advertisement
Advertisement