Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest for existing customer

Options
  • 18-05-2015 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

I'm interested in signing up to the nest tariff but I see there is a €99 charge for existing customers. Is it possible to sign up for it without this charge. If not I'll have to leave and sign up to another provider, then leave that provider and then return to Electric Ireland as a new customer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 michealsad

mytime wrote: »
    I'm interested in signing up to the nest tariff but I see there is a €99 charge for existing customers. Is it possible to sign up for it without this charge. If not I'll have to leave and sign up to another provider, then leave that provider and then return to Electric Ireland as a new customer.
    Its cheaper in the long run to buy it out right, if you sign up for the nest you are locked into a 1/2 year contract, plus the standard rates of electricity apply, you cant get the different tarriffs where your usage at night is cheaper for example. its only 239 for the nest in Harvey Norman and are really easy to install 

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭mytime

michealsad wrote: »
    mytime wrote: »
    Its cheaper in the long run to buy it out right, if you sign up for the nest you are locked into a 1/2 year contract, plus the standard rates of electricity apply, you cant get the different tarriffs where your usage at night is cheaper for example. its only 239 for the nest in Harvey Norman and are really easy to install 
    Thanks for the reply, I worked it out and its about €9 per month extra based on the last 12 months usage. So 24*9 €216 so its €23 and I get tot pay over 2 years but I'm locked into a 2 year contract. It makes sense for me to do it this way as my bills are low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi michaelsad,
    michaelsad wrote:

Thanks for your input; we appreciate any feedback we receive.

Just to clarify: you are correct in that customers who sign up to the Nest Thermostat price plan aren't eligible to sign up for other price plans as well (so that would exclude certain discounts). However, the Nest thermostat isn't necessarily incompatible with a Nightsaver set up.

If a Nightsaver customer has gas heating, for example, this can be controlled with the Nest Thermostat. If, however, a Nightsaver customer has electric storage heaters installed which are set to come on during the cheaper night rate hours, a Nest Thermostat wouldn't be the most appropriate choice.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
    David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi mytime,

Thanks for your post and interest in the Nest Learning Thermostat.
    mytime wrote:
    Is it possible to sign up for it without this charge.

While there is a charge of €99 for existing customers, when you factor in the stand we include and the installation charge, it represents a saving of €275. You can find further details here.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement