Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help my feet!!!

Options
  • 18-05-2015 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭

I need some help getting my poor feet back in order!! I go out running (read : jogging at a pace just slightly faster than a normal person's walk!) two or three times a week. I am going on hols in a month's time and would like my feet to be flip-flop ready. The heels and balls of my feet are dry, not too hard or cracked. My insteps or arches get the friction when I'm out running but thankfully since changing runners they are not sore and blistered anymore and they are healing.

I have one of those foot masks from pennys but I don't want to use it with my feet recovering from blisters and the mini marathon 2 weeks away.

About once a week I soak my feet in a basin with hot water and bubble bath, then cover them in soap & glory foot cream which I'm nearly out of. Other than that they just get wet in the shower.

I don't want to go to a spa or for a pedi with them - I'm really not a foot person and would not like someone touching my feet!

Can anyone recommend a routine for pampering and transforming my size 4's?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

The foot masks are brilliant but I wouldn't use them if you're recovering from blisters and are planning a marathon as the masks do thin the skin on your feet a bit.
    Flexitol Heel Balm is fantastic. I read about it here first. It has the highest concentration of urea in any foot cream and it's quite transformative. It really softens chapped hard skin and makes it supple and hydrated again. Put it on at night for a few nights and you'll definitely see a difference. The smell of it isn't greaet but the performance is. You can see from the pic that they aren't going for the beauty market but that it's for getting a job done!

http://www.boots.ie/en/Flexitol-Heel-Balm-56g_10987/

When your feet are recovered again definitely try the foot masks though, they are brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

Where can the Penneys foot masks be got now?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 KMoon09

Even though its not a foot product per se, I would highly recommend Dove Purely Pampering Lotion. I'm not into spending ages looking after my feet, so I use this after my shower and it does a fantastic job. Its a really nice moisturiser, without being sticky or greasy. I use the shea butter and vanilla one, which smells great. It leaves my feet nice and soft to touch, and I think its about €6 for the larger bottle in Boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I need some help getting my poor feet back in order!! I go out running (read : jogging at a pace just slightly faster than a normal person's walk!) two or three times a week. I am going on hols in a month's time and would like my feet to be flip-flop ready. The heels and balls of my feet are dry, not too hard or cracked. My insteps or arches get the friction when I'm out running but thankfully since changing runners they are not sore and blistered anymore and they are healing.

I have one of those foot masks from pennys but I don't want to use it with my feet recovering from blisters and the mini marathon 2 weeks away.

About once a week I soak my feet in a basin with hot water and bubble bath, then cover them in soap & glory foot cream which I'm nearly out of. Other than that they just get wet in the shower.

I don't want to go to a spa or for a pedi with them - I'm really not a foot person and would not like someone touching my feet!

Can anyone recommend a routine for pampering and transforming my size 4's?!

Get yourself into a routine <- that's a must! You will learn to thoroughly enjoy it, well, hopefully :)

I moisturise my feet daily, moisturise all of me daily actually but you're asking about feet.
    So yeah, moisturise daily ; don't forget to keep your toenails in-shape also and I keep my toenails coloured also <- just feels nice knowing they're painted; looks nice too when exercising and my shoes & socks are off.

Downside: when you buy new shoes and your feet are now so soft & tender and your new shoes (or new runners) need settling in :o <- I find plasters inside the runner, at the heel, tend to soften the area enough for me.

Anywhoo, start pampering yourself. Off to boots or tesco or any pharmacy and buy some products. Needn't be expensive at all. Keep your feet clean & moisturised. I've never needed to use anything for dry or hard skin on my feet so cannot recommend anything for that.

All about starting a routine for yourself and getting into a habit. Maybe at night before bed which feels relaxing also. Otherwise, I set aside some time when I know I'll be watching tv like GreysAnatomy. Tv on and my feet get pampered :)

^^^ Hope you can take something Positive from the above,
    kerry4sam

Advertisement