Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adding temp. driver to 123.ie car insurnace

Options
  • 18-05-2015 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

I've just moved to 123.ie for my car insurance. Later this summer a friend is coming from the US and will stay with me for 2 weeks - I plan to add them to my car insurance so they can use my car. Anyone have any experience with 123.ie charages for this service? I have asked but they said until I provide details (copy of drivers licesne, etc.), they can't quote me.
    I'm hoping its no more than 100 quid.

I was with Liberty and they charged me €140 for 2 weeks cover over two years ago.

am over 40 and my friend is almost 60, neither of us ever had a claim

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭MikeCairo78

All depends on their class of licence(US licences are generally classed as provisional in Ireland) and your own class of vehicle, larger vehicle bigger hit on the charge. It may even be the case that 123.ie simply will not allow a US licence holder drive your vehicle if it is a high enough class(high c/c / value etc)

• Registered Users Posts: 82,579 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Is your car automatic? If not they will not be able to drive it with their current US licence.

Advertisement