Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

week one basis, how long?

Options
  • 18-05-2015 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I was self employed for the past 3 years but recently got a full time job and wound up the company (sole-trader) I have been working for the new job for 6 weeks and for the first couple of weeks was emergency taxed but I have got amended tax credits certificate and checked with revenue that they have all necessary information. For the past few weeks I have been taxed on a week one basis. At roughly the same rate as the emergency tax.

Does anyone know how long this will continue for? And when I will be taxed at the standard rate?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭relax carry on

I was self employed for the past 3 years but recently got a full time job and wound up the company (sole-trader) I have been working for the new job for 6 weeks and for the first couple of weeks was emergency taxed but I have got amended tax credits certificate and checked with revenue that they have all necessary information. For the past few weeks I have been taxed on a week one basis. At roughly the same rate as the emergency tax.

Does anyone know how long this will continue for? And when I will be taxed at the standard rate?

The week one basis will continue until Revenue put you on a cumulative basis. You are on a week one basis because (a) Revenue are missing some info for you or (b) for some reason Revenue think it's better that you are on a week one basIs. Best t contact Revenue to find out what's up.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

Has your employer got the ammended tax credits?

Advertisement