Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with enterprise car rental

Options
  • 18-05-2015 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

Not sure what to think about it, I wouldn't expect <SNIP> from such a big company but it's strange. I booked van with them online for a day, paid using my Visa debit (they take full charge). Then I got a call saying they would not rent a car on the debit car (then why they accept them as payment in the first place?) and that they will refund me but it will take few days to get money back. I rented said van from Hertz so, however Enterprise never returned my money even though I called them few times ''to remind'' them. It's been a month now...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Straight into your bank and request a charge back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭uli84

will try that but very worried enterprise will just say that never happened or whatever :( Their website says Debit Cards are not accepted at airport locations and I'd been trying to rent from normal location.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The record will be there for your bank to see. Under the new SEPA rules your bank have to refund the money to your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

ken wrote: »
    The record will be there for your bank to see. Under the new SEPA rules your bank have to refund the money to your card.

SEPA might not apply to Debit Card transactions, but the OP is certainly entitled to raise a chargeback against the original transactions.

uli84 wrote: »
    "then why they accept them as payment in the first place?) "

Sometimes, they cannot always tell the difference between debit/credit and prepaid cards. They insist on "proper" credit card, since they can "raid" them later, in the event of damages etc to the car.

Hotels are the same.

Advertisement