Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed limit Oldtown, Ballyragget

Options
  • 18-05-2015 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi all, just wondering what the speed limit is in Oldtown, Ballyragget. I got a ticket today saying that it is a 50kph special zone and I was going over that limit on the bank holiday weekend. Needless to say I never saw any van so I don't know where exactly the speed I was doing was measured but looking at Google Maps, Oldtown seems to be a 100Kph zone. Does the special speed limit of 50kph mean that the limit is for the roadworks which weren't actually in progress on the day but still temporary signposted. Just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Special speed limits for roadworks are still in force for the duration of the project regardless of whether or not anyone on the job that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Blackbird00

OK, thanks for that.

Can anyone tell me where the van normally stops in that area - Oldtown and the south side of Ballyragget. Thanks.

Advertisement