Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another what's this shrub request

Options
  • 18-05-2015 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

Photos taken at the Castle Leslie estate in Monaghan. Many thanks.

4E0DF8A3-8B29-42F3-B746-817B58F9A837_zpsbchtxkrf.jpg
    56297E03-B5F1-4143-A921-5231C4BCEF9E_zpskcjc0fj8.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

some type of Euphorbia. It looks lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Many thanks. Unfortunately a quick google suggests the sap is an irritant and unsuitable for kids playing around the place. Pity that.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

yeah its euphorbia. sap is an irritant if you damage the plant. is that castle leslie by any chance?

sorry see you have the location above the pic. was there myself last week for 3 nights, lovely spot

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭lk67

The variety is probably characias wulfenii if anyone else is looking for one. Great plant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Love euphorbia!

I have children and that plant. They really don't go about snapping stems and rubbing sap into themselves. It's gorgeous. Get one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I had several Euphorbias when my kids were small and they never came to any harm either.

Advertisement