Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Machinist/Fabricator

• 18-05-2015 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

I am searching for someone in the Mullingar area to help with a project.

I need a vacuum chuck made (circle 431.8mm Dia), feed screw(432mm), some steel fabrication and welding.

Any help would be great.
    I would love to work with someone who does custom fabrications and avoid the larger firms. Tolerances and detail are a must. Especially for the vacuum chuck.

Any recommendations would be great.

Best
    Peter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Frere Jacques

Hi Peter,
    Did you get sorted with your project. I do a lot of cnc milling work for lads and manual turning, mainly work over the internet and bits and pieces of MIG and TIG for local lads. I'm down in Cork but if you ever want me to look at any drawings for you just send them on in CAD, solidworks or just a scanned fully dimensioned sketch. In terms of tolerances, a lot of my work is gearbox housings so I work to +/- 10um in the bearing fits and normally -/+ 50um for the non critical stuff. I operate from my workshop so my overheads are kept to a min but am fully tax compliant so invoices and receipts are not a problem.
    Feel free to drop me a line.
    FJ.

Advertisement