Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Enduro World Series

• 18-05-2015 9:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

Looking forward to this at the weekend in Carrick, Glenealy, having gone down some of these trails on my XTC, will be great to see the pros do it.

11313525_1585964808324749_775298743_n.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭gnarbarian

I'm really looking forward to this at the weekend. It'll be a great coup for Wicklow and surrounding areas and Irish mountain biking in general, especially when places like Germany, Switzerland and Austria haven’t had a venue yet! Also I am personally excited to see such an event go down at my local spot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Cast Iron

It'll be great to see the pros alright. Fantastic event to have here. Looking forward to seeing it all.

Any idea what will transport be like getting in & out of the area? I see there's a field for parking but any buses which might ease congestion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 290 ✭✭Tomred13

Boardies Mtb spin up to the race on sunday?? anyone???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Mates wedding on same weekend. I love timing....

Cast Iron wrote: »
    Any idea what will transport be like getting in & out of the area? I see there's a field for parking but any buses which might ease congestion?

I was thinking his myself but there's nothing on the official Emerald Enduro site about buses so I guess you'd have to book it yourself...
    Tomred13 wrote: »
    Boardies Mtb spin up to the race on sunday?? anyone???

I was thinking of taking the Mtb there myself but then thought that I might end up having to lug the thing around, I want to take a walk around the expo area and hopefully pickup some bargains in the process, I think having the bike with me would start to annoy me after a while...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

The organizers are giving out prizes for the best supporters and it will be an amazing event. Really excited to have the chance to ride with the world's best MTB riders right on our doorstep. Bring your cowbells!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,598 ✭✭✭rizzodun

Lemming wrote: »
    Mates wedding on same weekend. I love timing....

Are we heading to the same wedding? Really would've liked to go to this, hopefully it comes back next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

Traffic could be a bit mental around the village i'd say, most people would be there very early if they are racing(most people start from 8am).

The top Pro's don't start racing until a bit later in the morning so will give people a chance to get to see them.
    Probably as well to bring your Mtb to get back down the hill to the race village for the expo and prize giving..

I'd say it will be a few years before we see a MTB event quite as big as this one that will bring the pro's over...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

What day would people recommend for spectating? I know the race is on Sunday, but would Saturday's practice session be better with less traffic, fewer people etc?

Race day to see all the action of course...!

Maybe Saturday for the expo and the odd pro wandering around.

I see on Fbk that the pro team vans are starting to arrive ...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Yeah some have arrived, there's a buzz around the place at the moment.

I've been watching the twitter and facebook updates come in over the past 48hrs and its looking to be a great event, I just hope the weather holds out for it..
    I saw a few photos of the vans arriving and the race village looks to be taking shape nicely!

The bunting is out in Glenealy so something big is definitely happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Can't wait for this. Taken the weekend off work and camping down close by instead of driving up and down all weekend.

Bringing the bike myself I think. I've biked most of the course and some of the spots I want to watch the pros on are right at the top so don't fancy the walk.

Hoping the expo has some treats/bargains, will bring a bit of cash and might pick something up.

Mostly I'm hoping to see the local lads tear sh!t up..do it for the parish and all that. :-)
    I really hope it's well supported, amazing coup by Niall and the lads at biking.ie

JJJJNR wrote: »
    The bunting is out in Glenealy so something big is definitely happening.

The bunting is out?! They must mean business then! Seriously tho fair play to whoever thought of putting some colour into the place for the event!
    I'd imagine that this is the most traffic Glenealy has seen since winning one of the county hurling finals!

Hopefully this will show Wicklow council and Coillte the value of mountain biking in the county: http://www.andrewdoyle.ie/2015/05/20/development-of-cycling-networks-in-wicklow-must-be-a-priority-doyle/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 376 ✭✭silvo

Was up for practice today on four of the stages. Amazing atmosphere riding with the best in the world - loads of tricky sections and a bit of sun thrown in for a bonus. Well worth the trip on Sunday or tomorrow. The pits section is excellent and lots of parking.

Tenzor07 wrote: »
    Hopefully this will show Wicklow council and Coillte the value of mountain biking in the county: http://www.andrewdoyle.ie/2015/05/20/development-of-cycling-networks-in-wicklow-must-be-a-priority-doyle/

Totally agree. I'd love to have those places on my doorstep. Great opportunity to progress the sport and the place as a destination. The place looks amazing and is getting great write up from what I've seen so far.

http://m.pinkbike.com/news/emerald-green-enduro-world-series-round-2-wicklow-2015.html

http://m.vitalmtb.com/photos/features/Enduro-World-Series-Emerald-Enduro-County-Wicklow-Ireland,8949/Slideshow,0/sspomer,2

Hopefully it's an opportunity not let slip.

Got the bodhran, air horn, chainsaw (without chains) all lined up to be brought on Sunday, hope that's not too much, should be a great day.

In case people wonder what this is all about, have a look a this: vitalmtb.com/photos/features/Shamrock-Shredding-EWS-Wicklow-Ireland

• Advertisement

Few pics from the service area today, great seeing all these top named bikes, riders, and crew. I got to take a demo bike out for a while also.

11280517_1608311219410505_1289960413_n.jpg

11378565_845356635534314_321258091_n.jpg

11324288_103013093369476_1111848541_n.jpg

11376506_100498110289715_1693789530_n.jpg

Demo bike

11357536_1590285331252048_2003311172_n.jpg

That was a surreal experience.. What a buzz. Greg o'callaghan won

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭sparrowcar

Yep I'm emotionally drained after that. So happy for Greg, he's shown what commitment and passion can achieve. Witnessed something special in Irish sport today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Got the bodhran, air horn, chainsaw (without chains) all lined up to be brought on Sunday, hope that's not too much, should be a great day.

Is that you right at the beginning ?
    http://www.pinkbike.com/video/409100/

Nope not me., there were a few chainsaws around.

What a location, what an event and what a win!

Brilliant day all round.

Nope not me., there were a few chainsaws around.

Yeah, spotted another guy with one, never knew it was a thing !

Action Photography has a lot of good ones on his Facebook page.

Advertisement