Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family Reunification Ireland

Options
  • 18-05-2015 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi all,

I wonder someone can help me here. If this is a duplicated thread, apologies.

I am a Brazilian national and I have been living in Ireland for the past 8 years, being 4.5 years on a Stamp 4 EU Family.
    My girlfriend is a Polish National and we have 2 kids, both born in Ireland.

We both work full time and we have good salaries (combined 70k per annum).

However, the childcare and rent costs are crippling us.

Since my mother is retired in Brazil, I was considering to have her living here with me permanently, so she could assist us with the kids, therefore we could save towards our dream house.

So, is it possible for me to bring my mother permanently to live with me now? Or should I first wait to obtain my Irish Citizenship before bringing my mother?

She has her own monthly income from Brazil (she can provide evidence), I would add her as my dependant under my Health Insurance Policy with VHI, not to mention that she will not be seeking work and she will not need any sort of social welfare assistance by the Irish Government.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Regards

Leo

Advertisement