Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiring Diagram for Dethleffs Globetrotter 1995

Options
  • 18-05-2015 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All, I'm having difficulty with the charger and leisure battery in my motorhome. It is not charging on the alternator while driving or when plugged into the mains.I have read the recent posts and have checked the fuses. I had someone look at it and we took off the dash and checked the connections.He then thought that the battery was charging. I have had it plugged into mains for last 5 hours and it is not re charging. If anyone knows where i could get a copy of the wiring manual it would be great.
    Many thanks in anticipation. C

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Have you checked the fuse that is at the main starting battery.

If you have ever jumped started these, they tend to blow the small inline fuse here
    that completes the charging circuit to the leisure battery.

Easily missed and worth a look.

What zig unit is fitted to your camper. I might have a diagram for that.

What's the make & model of the charger.

The fuse between the starter battery would prevent alternator charge but I'd expect the mains charger to be routed to the house bank first.

Is the battery good?

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭JonMac

My 1999 Dethleffs Globetrotter has a Toptron CH13 charging system. I could see the label when I looked up under the dash.
    What do you have?
    I can send you the CH13 if you like.

Also, I have an LED on the dash that glows amber, then green and shows it is charging. Anything like that?

My 1993 Dethleffs had a Calira zig unit which worked perfectly and was factory fitted.

But for some reason the lighting circuits and fridge circuit had been wired seperately, adding
    to the confusion when something di not work as it should.

I had similar issues which all came back to the fuse at the battery, regardless of charging from
    the alternator or 220 volt. Dont ask me why........but new fuse and checking after any jumpstart
    from another vehicle sorted it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Conorw55

Hi All,

Thank you all for your input. Charged the battery for 16 hrs from mains overnight to no avail.I opened up dash board again and no name on charger. The zig is the orignal one from factory but there is no name on it either. Am going to have to bring it to someone to get it looked at.
    Many thanks again.

Conor

Could you post a pic of the zig??

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Conorw55

Hi Kadman,

I can't seem to copy and paste a photo onto this site. Don't know why not.
    Had a mechanic with me last night. We have taken out the battery and he is testing it for me today. We have decided that there is definitely a problem with the charger and he is testing the battery so we can eleiminate that its not both.The charger is a Cramer 7543. I have googled it and nothing came up it must be obsolete. Anyone any idea what charger has replaced it. ????

Conorw55 wrote: »
    Hi Kadman,

Had a mechanic with me last night. We have taken out the battery and he is testing it for me today. [I]We have decided that there is definitely a problem with the charger[/I] and he is testing the battery so we can eleiminate that its not both.The charger is a Cramer 7543. I have googled it and nothing came up it must be obsolete. Anyone any idea what charger has replaced it. ????

Can you tell us how you arrived at this, and what tests you took.

Thanks.

Hi Kadman,

Had a mechanic with me last night. We have taken out the battery and he is testing it for me today. We have decided that there is definitely a problem with the charger and he is testing the battery so we can eleiminate that its not both.The charger is a Cramer 7543. I have googled it and nothing came up it must be obsolete. Anyone any idea what charger has replaced it. ????

For posting a pic, you first need to post it on imageshack, photobucket ect,
    and then link to it here by using your "manage attachments"" option.

Or pm me for my email address, and i,ll put it up for you.

Hopefully your mechanic has auto leccy skills as well, as he will need them.

kadman

• Advertisement

Here is one post. Use Google Translate or Chrome.

http://www.wohnmobile.net/forum/elektro/messages/6324.html

Richard at Dethleffs Owners Club can sometimes help with info:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dethleffs-Owners-Club/151391244901414?hc_location=timeline

I don't know if it is a coincidence, but my queries to Toptron about my CH13 were answered by a Herr Cramer???

Anyone any idea what charger has replaced it. ????
    Is it like this?
    18872f90.jpg

Bare in mind I'm biased but I'd take it as an opportunity to send that unit to the scrapper and fit an upgraded charger and a beefy split relay.

Victron
    Sterling
    Blue Sea
    Ctek

• Registered Users Posts: 38 munsterabu

hi Conorw55,
    I have same charger there is a resetable fuse on Left hand side of the charging unit(located bottom of dash unit near floor /whell well pasenger side) push this in once it should click if it shut down the charger, watch the green LED on the display also while charging when battery i or II is selected you will see the needle move back and forth .

Hope this information helps.

ALAN.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

munsterabu wrote: »
    hi Conorw55,
    I have same charger there is a resetable fuse on Left hand side of the charging unit(located bottom of dash unit near floor /whell well pasenger side) push this in once it should click if it shut down the charger, watch the green LED on the display also while charging when battery i or II is selected you will see the needle move back and forth .

Hope this information helps.

ALAN.
    that's for 220v charging only. The ac and dc charging sides aren't really linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭irishtear

Hi, You only say" battery" in your messages. Have you only one ? You should have a starter battery to get the engine going and one habitation battery for the lights and power inside the camper.I had a similar problem and it was the way i had the two way switch positioned. Push in the battery one side and see if the lights charge ,if not,push it to battery two and see if that charges it up. I have the same van as you.

Advertisement