Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to remove scraches from PS4 glossy surface

Options
  • 18-05-2015 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Does anyone have any ideas what products you can use the remove scratches from the glossy surface part of a ps4?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Does anyone have any ideas what products you can use the remove scratches from the glossy surface part of a ps4?

Toothpaste is a mild abrasive. I use it often to remove scratches from cd's . Use it with a soft damp cotton cloth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,781 ✭✭✭eddhorse

That or an angle grinder.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Toothpaste is a mild abrasive. I use it often to remove scratches from cd's . Use it with a soft damp cotton cloth.

Maybe try on a bit of less noticeable surface first, suspect this will make it worse as it's an extremely sensitive surface (camera lens cloths can scratch the ps4/x1's glossy surface for instance)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sirbunnington

Thank Guys Ill try a bit of toothpaste and will upload before and after pictures.

Maybe try on a bit of less noticeable surface first, suspect this will make it worse as it's an extremely sensitive surface (camera lens cloths can scratch the ps4/x1's glossy surface for instance)

Na . Toothpaste is great for getting a final polish for a mirror finish . I have used it for years to clean mild scratches from cd's . For slightly heavier scratches ,use metal polish . These are old tricks I learned from my audio phase of life ( cd's can sometimes have some release agent left on them from the manufacturing process and toothpaste removes the wax using smooth ,circuler motions ) :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Good for you

Good for you

It is ;)

Advertisement