Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Social Security Numbers linked to PPS Number?

Options
  • 18-05-2015 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭

I can't remember from when I applied for my SSN over there :confused: - if someone wanted to do a US credit check for my SSN-related data with my (Irish) PPS would it work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Dave1442397

No connection at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

No, it wouldn't work. US credit agencies have no access to Irish PPS data and vice versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

No, would be nice if there was some sort of cross border relations with regard to credit (unless you had bad credit in Ireland) though. It'll never happen. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

For normal everyday stuff the 2 countries do not share any information. For all tax/credit/insurance related issues it's generally up to you to source the appropriate information and share it. Although it should be noted that banks typically won't take into account any information of that type that you provide anyway, insurance companies might.

But since the question in the title is different to the question in your post I will add that if you committed a serious enough crime they should have no problem finding you and if need be it would be a very short set of steps to get your PPSN (although I don't think they would be looking for your PPSN for a criminal investigation in theory it is possible).

• Advertisement
Advertisement