Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best frontman in music?

Options
123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭boobar

Morrissey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Freddie
    Jagger
    Plant
    Bowie

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭1gunsnroses

Peter green was another class act

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

kfallon wrote: »
    Ian Brown - the frontman Liam Gallagher would liked to have been!!!
    Ian Brown would be the best front man ever if he could sing in tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,700 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Jeff Tweedy of Wilco

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Damon Albarn
    Les Claypool

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,273 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 12,700 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Andrew Stockdale of Wolfmother

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭cometogether

Current: Alex Turner

Ever: Morrissey/Jagger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

LordSutch wrote: »
    Freddie
    Jagger
    Plant
    Bowie

Roger Daltrey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Mentioned only twice in 8 pages, so clearly not a popular opinion, but for me its Liam Gallagher. i know a lot of people think he's a bit of a dick. But, the man has immense stage presence. And he does it all hardly moving a muscle. Great voice for Rock n Roll. I love seeing him live.

I love Oasis as much as the next guy but I wouldn't put Liam Gallagher in the category of *great* frontmen. He's defintely got a swagger and stage presence but compared to the likes of Freddie Mercury, Jim Morrison, Mick Jagger, Iggy Pop etc he doesn't move one bit. Standing behind the mic with his hands behind his back is obviously part of his image but a great frontman it does not make. The likes of Freddie and Jagger had crowds wrapped around their little finger, Gallagher just isn't in that kind of league.

Advertisement