Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Upgrade

Options
  • 19-05-2015 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I got help from you guys a few years ago now and I was wondering if its time to make a few upgrades? Iv a budget of about €600.

This is my current build:

ASRock Z77 Pro3, Sockel 1155, ATX
    Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155
    8GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile schwarz PC3-12800U CL9-9-9-24
    be quiet! SYSTEM POWER 7 450W
    Club 3D Radeon HD 7950 royalKing, 3GB GDDR5, AMD Radeon HD 7950, PCI- Express

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,454 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

You could upgrade your graphics card, but if I were you I'd wait for the next gen of Intel processors due out by the end of the year / early next year and then build a new PC from scratch with the new CPU, a new mobo plus DDR4 RAM. You'd probably get decent money back for your current CPU / mobo / RAM

That's what I'm waiting for :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Build is perfect to me, GPU would be only worthwhile upgrade and the one you have is still pretty good. Maybe wait for Skylake cpus as unkel has said, or wait for the 300 series of AMD GPUs in the coming months

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

SSD. That's what is missing. Unless it isn't. Otherwise the build is still up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

SSD & GPU upgrade is all that's needed.
    Minimal performance difference even if you were to upgrade to an i5 4690K;
    http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-4690K-vs-Intel-Core-i5-3570K

For SSD's check out Crucial BX100 250GB @ €100 or Samsung Evo 850 @ €110 delivered (amazon)
    For GPU, depends on your usage, an R9 280x/290x you would need the PSU upgraded as well.

Advertisement