Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone line connection in Rossnowlagh, Co. Donegal

Options
  • 19-05-2015 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

hi,

We've recently purchased a house in Rossnowlagh Co. Donegal, and are wondering what we need to do to get a phone line installed?

Primarily we want broadband and I dont want to go the satellite route.

How long would it take and who do I contact?

A few houses nearby have phone lines.

Thanks,
    J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

JandS wrote: »
    hi,

We've recently purchased a house in Rossnowlagh Co. Donegal, and are wondering what we need to do to get a phone line installed?

Primarily we want broadband and I dont want to go the satellite route.

How long would it take and who do I contact?

A few houses nearby have phone lines.

Thanks,
    J
    Hi JandS

To request installation of a line please contact our sales team on free phone 1800503303 or via our WebChat team here : www.eircom.ie/chatnow

Ultimately until a line is installed eircom cannot guarantee broadband - you're right in regards to satellite line - this will be unable to hold broadband but you would be notified well in advance if a satellite line is needed. A satellite line is only installed where it is not physically possible to install a normal PSTN line.

The average lead time for a line installation is 10 working days however if new poles need to be erected this can run in much long due to planning permission and cabling.

Distance from the exchange is the number one concern in relation to broadband and speeds - in most cases anything over 5Km distance from the exchange will not qualify for you broadband. It seems your area is served by the Ballyshannon exchange.

If you have the land line number of near-bye houses please feel free to PM me as this will enable me to offer you an indication of what speed broadband to expect, if available.

Cheers
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Newtothis1

Hi. I'm in the same situation at the minute. Could you tell me what way you went in the end and what is the broadband speed like?

Advertisement