Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much are your bin charges in Lucan?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

We pay €15 per month

It's now €17 per month

Up until last month I paid €9 per month to Thorntons. That saved me €100 per year compared to Citybin

I'm not keen to go to Greyhound as their reputation is brutal (no prices advertised on their website doesn't help them either)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

unkel wrote: »
    It's now €17 per month

Up until last month I paid €9 per month to Thorntons. That saved me €100 per year compared to Citybin

I'm not keen to go to Greyhound as their reputation is brutal (no prices advertised on their website doesn't help them either)

I've just double checked that on my direct debits and the most recent one this month was €15 still. We were paying €17 last year alright but I remember phoning them to get a reduction and they put me on €15 a month. Maybe we have a smaller weight allowance than you?

I've no experience of thorntons but I would never go back to greyhound. We had major issues with them a few years ago and I ended up getting our local TD involved as they were stressing me out so much trying to deal with them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,611 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I've just double checked that on my direct debits and the most recent one this month was €15 still. We were paying €17 last year alright but I remember phoning them to get a reduction and they put me on €15 a month. Maybe we have a smaller weight allowance than you?

Ah no, I just looked up the prices on their website :)

You did well to get a discount after signing up for the €17 deal, fair play!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

At the time we were only putting the black bin out every 6-8 weeks we had a baby in nappies so when it was full you could barely wheel it it was so heavy!

You can fit 6 weeks worth of nappies in a bin??
    :eek::eek:

Fagashlil wrote: »
    You can fit 6 weeks worth of nappies in a bin??
    :eek::eek:

Don't quote me on that, he didn't sleep til he was 18 months so his babyhood is very blurry but we definitely didn't put our bin out every fortnight at the time, so at the minimum it was every month or 6 weeks. That's all that goes into our black bin really now that we use the brown bin properly!

• Advertisement

unkel wrote: »
    Ah no, I just looked up the prices on their website :)

You did well to get a discount after signing up for the €17 deal, fair play!

Thanks, small reduction but every few euro add up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,531 ✭✭✭Heroditas

We have a 3yr old and a 6 month old and we only put the black bin out every 6 weeks.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,174 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Just as a thought exercise , if you ignore the hassle factor it would nearly be cheaper to cut out the middleman and go to Ballymount if don't need a black bin collection every month. Especially if you are going there anyway to drop off electricals.

http://www.sdcc.ie/services/recycling-waste/recycling-centres
    Vehicles Accepted* and Charges From Thursday 1st February, 2007, the charges at the Civic Amenity Centre, Ballymount will be as follows Domestic Waste and large bulky items such as furniture and carpets

Car only €15.00
    Car Van/Estate Car €21.00
    Cars & Small box trailer 1.2m x 1.2m (single axle only) €35.00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,892 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Got an email off greyhound a week or two back black bin lift is going up to 10.40 per lift brown is going up as well that's the second increase in the last 12 months. Also it was on the radio during the week that by this time next year all bins will be pay per weight that includes green and brown as well, Alan Kelly is bringing in legestlation to meet some EU target. So our refuse collections are only going to get more expensive!

Advertisement