Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sea Sessions 2015

• 19-05-2015 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

I've never been before but have heard a few good things about it.

Think there's a relatively small crowd overall at it, but looks like a good line up and some cool day time events to attend e.g. surfing, beach soccer etc.

What does anyone who's going think of the line up or the event in general this year?

I'm hoping its great craic and hopefully a nicer setting than oxygen which I attended a few years back.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 jossys_giants

this will be the 1st year in years I've missed. The lineup just didnt grab me and I have to pick and choose my events wisely these days with family commitments. I wasnt actually for going last year but the Dandy Warhols playing in Donegal was something I wasnt gonna miss

Its a fantastic festival. Beautiful setting, very well run, but its the atmosphere that makes it. One big weekend party.

Our crew always booked into a hotel though for the weekend, cheaying maybe, but warm showers and a fry-up each morning swings it

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Pat_custard

this will be the 1st year in years I've missed. The lineup just didnt grab me and I have to pick and choose my events wisely these days with family commitments. I wasnt actually for going last year but the Dandy Warhols playing in Donegal was something I wasnt gonna miss

Its a fantastic festival. Beautiful setting, very well run, but its the atmosphere that makes it. One big weekend party.

Our crew always booked into a hotel though for the weekend, cheaying maybe, but warm showers and a fry-up each morning swings it

How many people would say have been there in previous years roughly? I've been told camping is just in GAA field so surely there couldn't be that many campers. But I'm sure many people might do your idea or just live in the locality.

I'm really looking forward to surfing, never done it before, but hope the weather is good for the weekend.

How many people would say have been there in previous years roughly? I've been told camping is just in GAA field so surely there couldn't be that many campers. But I'm sure many people might do your idea or just live in the locality.

I'm really looking forward to surfing, never done it before, but hope the weather is good for the weekend.

im not 100% sure but I think the capacity is in or around the 5k mark. We had a dander up around the campsite last year (south side of the town, about 300m past the Holyrood). There was big numbers in it, the craic was good. though funny seeing a festival campsite surrounded by residential houses.

Sea Sessions location means you can leave the site handy and dander to the beach to chill out, you can head up the town for a pint in a pub, a bite to eat (theres plenty of both in the site).

We arrived last year on the Friday afternoon and sat on the beach drinking cheap champagne waiting for the bands to kick off...hard to beat

Sounds like it could potentially be an unreal few days with the lads. Be good to get a crew of us together for a weekend and enjoy the festival.

So what did yous do in regards to parking you car? I presume you sparked at your hotel? I'd assume there's a designated area, I remember going to Slane a few years ago and the parking area was also the camping area which wasn't exactly ideal.

Sounds like it could potentially be an unreal few days with the lads. Be good to get a crew of us together for a weekend and enjoy the festival.

So what did yous do in regards to parking you car? I presume you sparked at your hotel? I'd assume there's a designated area, I remember going to Slane a few years ago and the parking area was also the camping area which wasn't exactly ideal.

yeah, always park at the hotel, not sure of parking at the campsite itself, but there's plenty of roadside spots just down from the campsite on the main street Pat

Youse will have a class time, of that there's no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭afriendlyshark

If anyone is going to Sea Sessions from around Cork or a nearby county, or knows anyone who's heading up there, my boyfriend and I are looking for a lift! Petrol money will of course be contributed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭liamorocks

heading up for my first time this year, staying for the weekend. To anyone that's camped before, how safe is it leaving your bags in the campsite? Obviously i'd bring valuables with me at all times but i'm talking about bags with my clothes and drink etc in them. Would there be a chance of them being robbed or is everyone generally sound? And just clarifying, bringing drink to the campsite is Okay? I heard it was but just making sure, I know you're not allowed bring drink into the actual festival site anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭thegift06

have 2 spare beds in a b&b close to the beach as 2 people in my group dropped out. Send me a pm if interested

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 314 ✭✭tonytoc11

Is it possible to camp in the campsite for only the Friday night?

I have a hotel booked for the sat and sun night as originally we couldn't go the fri night, but plans have changed and I'm looking to camp on the fri night now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ianobucks97

Is it true that there's a tattoo parlour there? Loved to know if there was

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 dcunit

Weekend camping tickets have sold out, should be a great weekend looking forward to it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Dexster555

Anyone know best place sell a sea sessions Friday ticket

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 431 ✭✭delaney001

Hey, anyone been before. Is it strict on the no alcohol being brought in? I'd rather not be drinking €7 Heineken pints all day

delaney001 wrote: »
    Hey, anyone been before. Is it strict on the no alcohol being brought in? I'd rather not be drinking €7 Heineken pints all day

yes, like other festivals you cannot bring booze in, unless you manage to sneak it in. You can always nip in and out

but you can bring drink into the camping area right? just not into the stage/music area

Yeah you can't bring in glass bottles into the campsite so cans are grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

yes, like other festivals you cannot bring booze in, unless you manage to sneak it in. You can always nip in and out
    That's it. The pub is only up the road.

Will pubs/nightclubs be open late? with most gigs not finishing until 1 will it still be possible to get into places at that time?

never been to bundorran but it looks like a small enough town, I'm not too optimistic about the nightlife there aside from the actual festival.

Yeah i saw on the website that most afterparties kick off at 12 each night.

• Advertisement

dcunit wrote: »
    Yeah i saw on the website that most afterparties kick off at 12 each night.

you're right dcunit here's a lineup in one place for the weekend

Paris Nightclub – Main Street
    Fri 19th
    00:00 – DJ Richie Burke (Party Time DJs / Hijackers)

Sat 20th
    00:00 – DJ Haydo (Hijackers)

Sun 21st
    00:00 – DJ Fergal D’Arcy (I-Radio)

I can only assume they're starting times

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭cactuspaw

Hey guys,

We are running a bus from dublin city centre to the festival tomorrow, we have a few extra seats, so if anyone doesn't feel like driving to donegal tomorrow evening, please pm and i can pop you on the bus.

cheers

cactuspaw wrote: »
    Hey guys,

We are running a bus from dublin city centre to the festival tomorrow, we have a few extra seats, so if anyone doesn't feel like driving to donegal tomorrow evening, please pm and i can pop you on the bus.

cheers

pm'd you cactuspaw

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭NicoleW85

never been to bundorran but it looks like a small enough town, I'm not too optimistic about the nightlife there aside from the actual festival.

For such a small town you'd be surprised. Jumping Jacks is meant to be good! There's a couple of clubs and a loa of pubs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Afterlight

Looking to swap a 3 day ticket for a camping, will pay the surplus.

How'd everyone get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭afriendlyshark

Really enjoyed the weekend, though the crowd there were rough enough. Maybe it's because most of the acts were Example and Sigma-esque.

Advertisement