Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Transfer

Options
  • 19-05-2015 11:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭

I'm currently waiting on a mortgage payment to go between my solicitor (BOI) and the sellers solicitor (AIB).

The payment was processed in branch on Friday at 12 noon, however the payment has still not cleared. It's now 2-full business days later. I've had confirmation that the payment will clear today between 5 & 6pm, however that's of little consolation to me as this is another day wasted waiting for the payment to go through.

Aside from cheque payments under what circumstances should a transfer of this nature take this long to clear? Shouldn't SEPA rules apply to this type of payment where the payment should have cleared by Monday as the request was submitted in advance of the prior day deadline?

Not looking to PM any details to anyone to resolve this issue as it's been confirmed it will be transferred today, I just want someone to provide an answer to this question in thread.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Danjamin1 wrote: »
    I'm currently waiting on a mortgage payment to go between my solicitor (BOI) and the sellers solicitor (AIB).

The payment was processed in branch on Friday at 12 noon, however the payment has still not cleared. It's now 2-full business days later. I've had confirmation that the payment will clear today between 5 & 6pm, however that's of little consolation to me as this is another day wasted waiting for the payment to go through.

Aside from cheque payments under what circumstances should a transfer of this nature take this long to clear? Shouldn't SEPA rules apply to this type of payment where the payment should have cleared by Monday as the request was submitted in advance of the prior day deadline?

Not looking to PM any details to anyone to resolve this issue as it's been confirmed it will be transferred today, I just want someone to provide an answer to this question in thread.
    Hi Danjamin1, 

Thanks for your post.

Yes, you are correct this type of payment should take 1 working day under the Sepa rules.

We understand that you don't want to PM details, but if you would like to have this investigated further this can be done by the account holder (solicitor) contacting their account holding branch directly.

Janette

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Danjamin1

Thank you for responding so quickly.

As I understand the solicitor is following up directly on this issue with a branch representative to determine the cause of the delay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Janet

Danjamin1 wrote: »
    Thank you for responding so quickly.

As I understand the solicitor is following up directly on this issue with a branch representative to determine the cause of the delay.
    Hi Danjamin1, 

That's good to hear, if we can help with anything else please let us know.

Janette

Advertisement