Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

More HKC drama!

Options
  • 19-05-2015 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi all,

A sleepless night was had due to spurious alarm activation.

One zone, zone 7 activated first with gross error, once settled it says tamper 7 and also open zone 7. I turned off alarm and went back to bed.

2 hours later, zone 8 activated with tamper 8. It now says tamper 8 and open zone 8.

I previously had a tamper problem a few months back in zone 7. I reconnected the tamper wires and fault disappeared.

Is it unusual to have problems in two separate zones a couple of hours apart?

I'm off to troubleshoot as soon as the kids give me second. I'll report further. In the meantime any advice very much appreciated.

S.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

I wouldn't blame HKC firstly, secondly have you mice by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Springsteen

Hi Kub, sorry if the title is misleading, I'm not blaming HKC. I was merely highlighting the brand to help filter contributors who have knowledge of HKC. I should have titled it alarm drama!

Yea, funny you mention mice. It only crossed my mind 5 minutes ago ( neighbours are building! ) after troubleshooting. During the walk around test no sensors in zone 7 or 8 registered a result with the bell ( a total of 6 sensors ). Also, both zones are on same side of house above and below each other. Looks like a cable has been severed.

Any ideas on how to part set the alarm by inhibiting zones. I can do it via a full set but not a part set.

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Hi Kub, sorry if the title is misleading, I'm not blaming HKC. I was merely highlighting the brand to help filter contributors who have knowledge of HKC. I should have titled it alarm drama!

Yea, funny you mention mice. It only crossed my mind 5 minutes ago ( neighbours are building! ) after troubleshooting. During the walk around test no sensors in zone 7 or 8 registered a result with the bell ( a total of 6 sensors ). Also, both zones are on same side of house above and below each other. Looks like a cable has been severed.

Any ideas on how to part set the alarm by inhibiting zones. I can do it via a full set but not a part set.

Thanks for the reply.

Part set would be the same. 0#7 code * (zone number) yes.

Thanks Altor, worked alright. Had to inhibit tampers too. Very long code.

If the problem is a severed cable, is there a possibility of connecting a wireless zone or two to the already existing wired alarm? Or is there any other solutions?

Thanks Altor, worked alright. Had to inhibit tampers too. Very long code.

If the problem is a severed cable, is there a possibility of connecting a wireless zone or two to the already existing wired alarm? Or is there any other solutions?

What HKC system have you in place?

• Advertisement

Unsure, but manual says its applicable to the SW 812 and 1212!

Unsure, but manual says its applicable to the SW 812 and 1212!

The metal housing would be either the 6/10 or the 8/12.
    If you had the newer 10/70 you could of added HKCs own branded wire free sensors.
    Only other option would be to add a quick bridge with wire free sensors.

Thanks Altor. PM on the way.

Thanks Altor. PM on the way.

No probs Springsteen

Advertisement