Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waiting for my refund

Options
  • 19-05-2015 11:54am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭

As the heading says I'm still waiting for mine through the post.  Eircom took money out of my account by mistake they say.

I was told or would be 4 weeks, it's now going on 6. 

Anyone can help on this matter? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Jjiipp79 wrote: »
    As the heading says I'm still waiting for mine through the post.  Eircom took money out of my account by mistake they say.

I was told or would be 4 weeks, it's now going on 6. 

Anyone can help on this matter? 
    Hi Jjiipp79

If you would like to PM me your eircom account number I will be happy to look in to this for you

Thanks
    Al

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

Did you get my PM Alan?

Did you get my PM Alan?
    Cheers for taking my call Jjiipp79  Please let me know when you have the account number and I will chase this up for you

Cheers
    Al

Hi Alan, so sorry it's taken me this long to get back to you.  I got onto eircom and I think I got my refund sorted today.  The second account was still active for some reason, sorted now tho. 

I have a question, if I want to cancel my eircom TV and intenet, is there a penalty?  

PM if you like, thanks.

Hi Alan, so sorry it's taken me this long to get back to you.  I got onto eircom and I think I got my refund sorted today.  The second account was still active for some reason, sorted now tho. 

I have a question, if I want to cancel my eircom TV and intenet, is there a penalty?  

PM if you like, thanks.
    Hi Jjiipp79

Glad to hear it's sorted

Yes there is a contract for evision and broadband and if cancelled within the contract period a charge of €100 & €150 applied respectively.

To discus this further please contact eircoms cancellations team on free phone 1901 (follow steps to remove service)

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Alan and thanks.

I just want to ask, does the fee apply if I've been a customer for almost 4 years!? 

Hi, Alan and thanks.

I just want to ask, does few apply if I've been a customer for almost 4 years!? 
    No problem

It applies if it's being cancelled within the agreed contract date - and the contract date begins when the service is supplied - evision has not been out 4 years - the fees are specifically in line with the agreed contract

The amount of time you were with eircom before agreeing to that service/contract is not taken in to consideration of cancellation fees I'm afraid

Thanks
    Al

Hi the first contract was for 18mths long ago, since then I've just paid my bill.  I've changed address in December, but that was just a change of address nothing else, I had  the same rates etc.  

So I'll take it I'm prob fine with the cancellation fee there then. 

Hi the first contract was for 18mths long ago, since then I've just paid my bill.  I've changed address in December, but that was just a change of address nothing else, I had  the same rates etc.  

So I'll take it I'm prob fine with the cancellation fee there then. 
    You will need to contact cancellations on free phone 1901 for clarification Jjiipp79

I am aware that the contracts are specifically per address - as with all contracts in the telecommunications industry. So a move of address does indeed include it's own contract

Thanks
    Al

Really?  I was not made aware of this. 

Thanks Alan 

• Advertisement

Just thinking about this Alan, and the old account was never closed as I was being charged for it so this must mean the contract was still on the old address and not the new one.  

Just thinking about this Alan, and the old account was never closed as I was being charged for it so this must mean the contract was still on the old address and not the new one.  
    Hi Jjiipp79

I would highly recommend contacting cancellations even more so now

Normally If service is being moved from one address to another the old account is closed without cancellation fees

If the old account is not closed yet then cancellations will arrange this and refund you from when the new one was opened.

Al

Advertisement