Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motherboard suggestions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

No, you type the name of the item in, e.g. i5 4460, and click on the link that comes up, you then scroll down to the hardwareversand button, and click it, it'll link you back to hardwareversand, but sometimes with a cheaper price.

The i5 and RAM are unchanged, but the GTX 960 is €5 cheaper for example

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Matty99

Oh okay. So pretty much I clear my basket out now, head to that site you gave me and find my items through there. When I then scroll down and find the link to the website I'm using, I click it and just simply add it to my basket?

Yep basically. You can copy paste from the item page on hwvs to get it quicker, it'll always be the first link that way

Oh that's great. I kinda want to get the Bitfenix Progidy case in black, would you recommend or do you have any experience with some of the sites listed when you type it in on the geizhals.eu site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭adocholiday

There are vouchers available online for your first order with HWVS too. I got €10 off my order because it was over €500

http://www.gutscheinsammler.de/gutscheine/hardwareversand

• Advertisement

No hardwareversand is the only one I've used. Its listed on hvws anyways? I had it a few minutes ago. I'd say they're alright, but hwvs is close to the top on everything, and with delivery from each site you're better off getting from one site

Yeah but they're out of stock till like next month, the black one that is :(

Hadn't copped that. BitFenix sell them on Amazon.de for 92 delivered, or they're on EBay for €80, follow the Geizhals links

Meh, I'll just go with the white one. Two more things! Is there any keyboard that's not using the german layout on that site, nothing fancy just need a cheap keyboard for now. Also, I'm going to get a monitor - The Samsung Monitor S24D300H looks good, any other ones that's maybe better for the same price? If not I'll just go with that one, seems really good for the money.

BenQ 2450 is about the same price, or the 2460, both are recommended here by lads who have bought them. Don't know much about monitors myself

https://geizhals.de/?cat=kb&xf=527_englisch#xf_top
    Thats all the english ones on geizhals, they won't all be on hwvs though

https://geizhals.de/?cat=kb&xf=424_mechanische+Tastatur~527_englisch
    Same as above but mechanical. Look into the mechanical ones before you buy if you decide to

• Advertisement

Do you know how do use the vouchers on that site?

Someway into the buying process there's a text box

Okay, and where do you enter your paypal details? Right now it says prepayment, after I click the 'order liable for costs button' does it then ask for the payment method?

I haven't a clue mate, click through it at the default settings until you hit the Payment Type screen, it'll say back transfer and PayPal, its a good few screens in

Okay so I ordered but it said nothing about PayPal or anything, it just said ''Thank you for placing an order cash on prepayment'' what's that all about?

They sent me an email also saying I requested an order and all that, but how do I pay them?

Nothing about PayPal at all? You've requested a bank transfer. PayPal doesn't show up for some people sometimes, no one here has a clue why.

I've just logged in, the 5th screen after I login with the order is Payment Type, and PayPal is the second one. Do you have that?

No. It just has the option to 'cash on payment' and I can't untick that box. So what do I do now?

Have you set up an account with them? If not, try that, though if you can use a Bank Transfer that'd be handy too

I have an account yeah, I was logged in and the time also. The email they sent me contained a few ban accounts or something then followed by my list of products that I ordered

• Advertisement

Try logging out, picking your parts and then clicking order, and signing in then, or checking out as a guest.

Just use whatever i7 is on the homepage until you find something that works

I logged out and tried and it gave me the paypal option. Will I pay though that now? If I do what about the email they sent me, don't I have to pay for it?

Email them to cancel it, or ignore it and they'll cancel it in a few days

Just so I don't get charged twice or anything. It starts off like this ''Dear ......... .........
    we are very pleased to receive your order placed at our hardwareversand.de Online-Shop.
    The sale contract accomplishes with our delivery. If you do not get a delivery confirmation or a delivery within two weeks, you are not bound to your order.
    CTO devices are excluded from this arrangement and are not returnable.''

It then gives me a list of accounts and says ''Please pay on credit transfer to successional account.
    Please use exclusively one of these accounts, even if you know further admits of accounts.'' before it

After that it says the order list.

Just making sure. So I definitely ignore this and just pay through paypal?

Yeah, sure they don't have any details on hand to charge you again. Send off an email with the order no. Saying you want to cancel if you like

They have my address and all that, but yeah I'll just cancel with them. Thanks again!

How would I cancel? Just reply to the email saying it or is there a specific email for that?

It's listed on the site somewhere, think it's a sales address

Not gonna bother with paypal :P It costs like an extra 30 for paypal charge and that exceeds the amount of money in my bank. Any idea how to do the bank transfer method?

• Advertisement

:pac: Someday you'll get it ordered!

I haven't a clue to tell the truth, try google it

Advertisement