Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking unpaid leave

Options
  • 19-05-2015 12:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭

I've been offered a job to start the beginning of August, but I already know I will need a week off at the start of September and possibly 2-3 days of leave in August itself (as I may need to resit some college exams).

I have no issue with taking unpaid leave, but don't know how I raise the issue with my future employer as due to other reasons my starting date has already been pushed to August so I don't want to push my luck.

Any suggestions on what to do would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭skallywag

Be up-front with your new employer and run it by them ASAP. Any decent employer will be accommodating as possible to such requests, and in particular with respect to the exam re-sit. Finger crossed you don't need to in any case :-)

Advertisement