Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early 84 to Cherrywood

Options
  • 19-05-2015 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi

Does anyone know what time the 06.25 a.m 84 bus from Greystones to Cherrywood Business Park arrive at. Does it arrive there before 7 a.m. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

mrmright wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know what time the 06.25 a.m 84 bus from Greystones to Cherrywood Business Park arrive at. Does it arrive there before 7 a.m. Thanks

35 minutes... It's possible but 84 does the grand tour of Bray, looping down to the DART station.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mrmright

Thanks. My position, location and hours are changing....i think i will have to suggest some flexibility to a 7.15 start.....it's a great little country to commute in :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Thanks. My position, location and hours are changing....i think i will have to suggest some flexibility to a 7.15 start.....it's a great little country to commute in :-)

Test it out first but it looks very tight.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

You'll want to get the 84x. My wife gets the 650 from blacklion and it gets to cabinteely at 715. The 84 goes around the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

The 84 and the aircoach must be in the running for the wanderly wagon award.

My advice. Work harder and buy a car. At that time you'll be in within 20 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭mrmright

Thanks guys. 84X seems the better option....wife needs the car because of her hours also.....not buying a second car 'FirstIn' for a 20 min commute....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,719 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

The 06:00 84 from Newcastle should be at Cherrywood at 06:57 per the timetable estimates at www.a-b.ie

The 06:30 84x from Kilcoole should be at Cherrywood on the N11 at 07:12 per the timetable estimates at www.a-b.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

lxflyer wrote: »
    The 06:00 84 from Newcastle should be at Cherrywood at 06:57 per the timetable estimates at www.a-b.ie

The 06:30 84x from Kilcoole should be at Cherrywood on the N11 at 07:12 per the timetable estimates at www.a-b.ie

I was looking at the estimated timetable there and it's a mess - one of the stops is listed as "Woodlands Hotel" (which closed in the early 90s and was subsequently demolished) and 4 separate stops are listed as "La Touche Place" (one of which is in Kilcoole, and another should be the Railway Station)

349625.png

The 6am departure is estimated to take 11 minutes to get from Newcastle to Greystones and then another 11 minutes to get to the other side of Greystones. According to the Dublin Bus website though that bus doesn't hit Greystones until 0625. Who creates these timetables?

The only official time is the departure time from the terminus. All the other times are estimates.

It will not take the bus 25 minutes to get to Greystones, so I would suggest the public timetable estimates are somewhat off-centre.

The times at www.a-b.ie are those that drive the RTPI, and I'd tend to put more reliance on those.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

lxflyer wrote: »
    The only official time is the departure time from the terminus. All the other times are estimates.

It will not take the bus 25 minutes to get to Greystones, so I would suggest the public timetable estimates are somewhat off-centre.

The times at www.a-b.ie are those that drive the RTPI, and I'd tend to put more reliance on those.

I assumed the DB timetable was off, but its hard to trust the NTA timetable when it has so many of the stop names wrong.

• Advertisement

loyatemu wrote: »
    I assumed the DB timetable was off, but its hard to trust the NTA timetable when it has so many of the stop names wrong.

There seems to be some sort of software glitch with the stop names on the NTA website - each point is a stop, but sometimes the stop names seem to be wrong.

Advertisement