Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Afternoon Tea for hen

Options
  • 19-05-2015 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭

Hi guys

Just looking for some help, I am organising a hen in Waterford City in 2 weeks time and hoping to have Afternoon Tea on the Saturday afternoon, can anybody tell me if there are any nice tea rooms etc for afternoon tea. I have tried googling but its only giving me Waterford Castle and Tower Hotel. is there anywhere a bit different? :D

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Give the tower hotel or the granville a shout?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Tim the Enchanter

http://athenaeumhousehotel.com/restaurant

There's a menu on the web site. On the ferrybank side of town. Might not be what your looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭jennygirl

Waterford Castle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Faithlegg maybe

H

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭saintchrisburg

Waterford Castle definitely do. Haven't been myself, but a couple of friends went just a couple of weekends ago and said it was lovely.

http://www.waterfordcastleresort.com/afternoon-tea.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,589 ✭✭✭Speak Now

The Thatch pub across from Grannagh castle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Hi guys

Just looking for some help, I am organising a hen in Waterford City in 2 weeks time and hoping to have Afternoon Tea on the Saturday afternoon, can anybody tell me if there are any nice tea rooms etc for afternoon tea. I have tried googling but its only giving me Waterford Castle and Tower Hotel. is there anywhere a bit different? :D

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

IMO Waterford Castle would be fantastic, perfect setting in a castle on an island however, since ye are on hen night and probably not driving you are in city centre, somewhere like the granville hotel (on the Quays) which is a nice old 4 star hotel with character would be very nice. Tower hotel is fine too, maybe a little less character. Other option would be to contact a cafe like Aoifes Cafe on the Mall (33 the Mall to be precise, where the Irish flag was flown for first time), explain what you want and im sure she can arrange, cake and small triangular sandwiches.. Its a small enough place usually with art on the wall and the little raised part of the cafe would be ideal for a hen of 10-20 approx people. In conclusion, i would ring granville first, let them know exactly what you want and they are well experienced at this type of thing. Somewhere like Aoifes cafe is a bit different, not too much different, bit more modern, bit cooler etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

The Thatch pub across from Grannagh castle.
    It's a little out of town, but it is a lovely spot.
    OP, if you are looking at the Thatch, just be aware that it is closed on Sundays. Open on Saturday though.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭ascuteasabutton

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions :D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Yeah, I don't understand what you're thinking of if you don't think Waterford Castle is different to be honest OP. It's a castle on an island!!! :D

Apparently the afternoon tea there is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Can be hard to get Waterford Castle on a Saturday afternoon. If there's a wedding on they don't allow non wedding guests in the hotel.

Bishops palace cafe is a nice place and might be worth trying. To be honest there's probably not a great selection for a really nice afternoon tea in the city itself really.

Advertisement