Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone been to the baking academy of ireland

Options
  • 19-05-2015 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

has anyone done the three week professional baking certificate course in the baking academy of ireland ?
    my girlfriend is on about opening a small cafe and wants me to join in on the idea. the idea is to sell coffee, cakes, confectionery and artisan food products. she has experience managing a coffee shop so knows something about it. just i dont have experience but have an interest in baking and pastry.
    would this course be a good idea ? costs a few bob but if it was full on and and a help i would do it.
    it promotes the course as being a prerequisite for someone interested in starting a small cafe/ bakery.
    whats your thoughts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

Sure. Go for it. Can't hurt. Allegedly, the economy is improving, people have money to spend on sweet things. I'd work on Miss Flitworth, she seems to be vulnerable!!!

Good luck...

Doing the course doesn't mean you have to open a cafe...and you would probably learn from it...

• Registered Users Posts: 35 cog in the machine

tampopo wrote: »
    Sure. Go for it. Can't hurt. Allegedly, the economy is improving, people have money to spend on sweet things. I'd work on Miss Flitworth, she seems to be vulnerable!!!

Good luck...

Doing the course doesn't mean you have to open a cafe...and you would probably learn from it...

How do you mean work on miss flitworth? ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

hah! I think he's referring to my addiction to cake and baked goods and inability to walk by a bakery without filling my arms.

I haven't been to the Baking Academy but I think it was set up by the guy who used to run the baking degree programme in DIT. Could be worth mailing them and asking them for a couple of references from former students?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

^^^
    what she said!

(I hope you didn't mind, MissF!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

You made me laugh :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

I attended the Sugarcraft for beginners course a while back and I have to say I really enjoyed it. I found the set up really professional. The tutor was really friendly and helpful. She was more than happy to offer hints and tips along the way. We were all provided with a little folder of recipes and 'how to' instructions. And the home made lunch was delicious! The smell of the bread and scones cooking as the class went on was amazing.

Advertisement