Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodging a Sterling cheque

Options
  • 19-05-2015 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭

hi,

just wondering how do I go about lodging a sterling cheque these days?
    Is it through the lodgement ATMs or at the cashier or otherwise?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Retailer wrote: »
    hi,

just wondering how do I go about lodging a sterling cheque these days?
    Is it through the lodgement ATMs or at the cashier or otherwise?

Thanks
    Hi Retailer,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards today.

A Sterling cheque can be lodged with a cashier.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭JoannieG

If I have a business account in the Republic of Ireland, a sterling cheque for £500 and want £500 cash, how much will it cost me? 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi JoannieG, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie today. 

A cheque would need to be lodged to your account initially for clearance purposes. As such, it would not be possible to exchange a cheque for cash on the same day. 

Once cleared, you can then withdraw the corresponding Euro amount and exchange this at the Foreign Exchange desk. The rate of exchange will be provided by your branch on the day. For more information on our rates please see here.

Our website will also provide you with the fees involved for International Transaction charges and general fees for Business Customers and cheque lodgements. 

Just to mention, a foreign cheque can take up to 4 to 6 weeks to clear. 

We hope this helps answer your query and if we can assist with anything else, please don't hesitate to post again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement