Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Research Council Postgrad awards 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 BitofaHeel

I was also put on the reserve list this year and, like a lot of people, my score came back at 85.5% with an 88% cut-off. My supervisor said they relied heavily on the reserve list last year and that, he thinks, 85.5% won't be far off but we'll see. I was expecting to hear something (or nothing be it a "no"!) by today but my supervisor was in contact with the council who said they are delayed in getting the second round offers out and it could be next week before the reserve list hear (or don't hear!). I'm pretty sure it comes in waves though so if people on the reserve list have already heard, that doesn't necessarily mean the rest of us are screwed!

Good luck everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 24 myons1

Has anyone else still not received a letter with their application score? In any case, presumably those still waiting on the reserve list got the following email last Friday:

"Dear Applicant,

Following our email of 29 June regarding the outcome of the IRC Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2015, the Council would like to update you on the award acceptance process. As you are aware, the Council operate a reserve list for a number of high ranking candidates in the event that those offered awards decline the offer.

Applicants who were offered a scholarship were advised that the deadline for award acceptance is close of business today, 31 July. A small number of conditional awardees have yet to confirm that they will or will not be accepting their award offer. The Council will only be in a position to offer any further reserve awards pending this confirmation. We appreciate your patience on this and will endeavour to contact you as soon as possible and no later than close of business on Tuesday 4 August.

Kind regards,

Irish Research Council"

At this point I can't help but feel increasingly aggravated - I really hope the matter is finally concluded today. I've emailed both info[at]research[dot]ie and postgrad[at]research[dot]ie asking if I can have my score because my letter hasn't arrived, and I've just received the same email I pasted again, and have had no further contact. Was I the only one to get that email a second time, or did you all receive it again as well?

I think I might try phoning a little later to see if I can get any further clarification - does anyone else know how much good that might do? I have pretty much given up hope, but I just want it to be decided once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

^I realise this may not be much consolation... but I know that in my university, for some absolutely unknowable reason, they waited until the very last minute to send off the acceptance forms for the IRC. I got a scan of mine, and my signature and that of my supervisor were three weeks ago, whereas the university stamp and graduate studies signature were from the 29th.

I have zero clue why they felt they needed to wait until effectively the last minute, but it may have been repeated in other universities, thereby leading to a delay with reserve list people getting notified?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 cullenni

I got my letter with the scores and all of the emails they have sent out, one last Friday at 6pm (ensue 4 days of hopeful/deluded wondering what if? maybe? etc etc) and then another today.

They usually won't respond to contact from applicants so you may need to go through your supervisor or research office to get your scores? I was under the impression that they had sent out all of the scores by now as people who got the awards in my office received their scores too.

Please let this torture end today.......

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Deeluu

I got my scores two weeks ago and the same email twice! It's a farce at this stage! But I had been well warned about this type of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 myons1

Well I just got an email saying they've now offered all the awards now - glad it's over but still can't shake the irrational disappointment. I'm certainly going to try and find out my marks anyway. Did anyone else get any better news?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 GraceFace12

Has anybody got any update at all from the IRC since submitting in February? No emails and my online status hasn't changed either - still says 'ready for review'.

Last year they appeared to wait until the end of June before emailing - hopefully it won't take that long this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Has anybody got any update at all from the IRC since submitting in February? No emails and my online status hasn't changed either - still says 'ready for review'.

Last year they appeared to wait until the end of June before emailing - hopefully it won't take that long this year.
    There's a more recent thread on the subject here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057600340

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement