Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Honey in Cork

• 19-05-2015 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hello,

I'm living in Ballincollig and working in Cork Airport and just wondering if anyone can recommend anywhere for buying honey.

I bought Healys Organic Honey which is Non-EU so I'd assume it can't be too natural. It seemed the best of a bad lot in the supermarket.

Can anyone recommend anywhere to buy honey bar a farmers market?

Also for those in the know what is the season for honey if there is such a thing.

Thanks,
    David

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭solargain

Have you tried Leamlara Honey www.irishhoneybee.com Got some at McCarthys foodmarket in Hawkes Road Bishopstown

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭daithi_dearg

Thanks Solargain. I'll try there on my way home. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Scorpio86

Hi David, I would suggest if you want the Organic Honey stick with Healy's or some similar brand, non EU organic is quite common and is still believe it or not organic. South America would be the home to organic honey. If it is Irish honey you are looking for then buy Irish but you won't find organic Irish honey unfortunately. It can only be organic if pesticides are not used in the surrounding area i.e. on crops etc. From what I know I think that is 5km from the hive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭Mellifera

Hello,

Also for those in the know what is the season for honey if there is such a thing.

David,
    You are now in the honey season :-). August is when the beekeepers take the 'supers' off the hives. They will currently be extracting their honey. So within the next month you should be able to get some relatively easily. However, bear in mind that this was a particularly bad year so it will probably be expensive if someone is willing to part with it.
    Enjoy.

Advertisement