Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cut paw pad. no walkies? ??

• 19-05-2015 5:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭

Can't believe it.my poor dog is just back walking this week after a month indoors with broken toe. This morning she cut her toe on walk and while bled for a while she serna fine assist from a slight limp so must be sore. noticed a split in one of the pads.cant go to vet till friday as no transport. If I wash it in salt water and dont take her outdoors till friday is that ok? Have spray on plaster --human stuff-can i use that? Could I put a bandage on and take her for a few short walks? Hate her being cooped up indoors for a few more days!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Jayney... she's a bit accident-prone in the paw department, isn't she? :o
    Keep it clean... not so sure that spray-on stuff is recommended generally (I think they didn't recommend it on the last first aid course I was on, but I may have been half asleep at that stage and not heard properly :o)
    You could slide a toilet/kitchen-roll insert over har paw, or some sort of a tube, and bandage it on so that her foot can't contact the ground, she can't root at it either, but it lets the air get at it. You can get that self-sticking bandage (Vet Wrap) in Dealz, perfect for bandaging the tube onto her leg.
    They do tend to heal quickly, but not when the dog keeps disturbing the wound.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭seefin

Thanks! She sprained a paw in january so she needs one more incident and she'll have covered all 4 paws!! Had her 4 years now and this year has been unreal!! Good idea re toilet roll amd bandage.ill try that and bring her for ten minute walk in morning. She isn't licking it this evening so it cant be too bad. Just limps when walking outdoors

Advertisement